• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV morphine dosage

Not dicksizing but 200mg iv was my sweet spot. Awkward with big rigs as 60mg/ml ms solubility makes using 3.2mls water a necessity.

I was on about 100mg methadone a day.

Probably waaay too much unless very opiate tolerant. Be careful
200mg IV? Thats crazy man, thats like 300mg oxycodone IR, I would be in paradise with access to those dosages

It was when i was in south France. There was no heroine but these 100 and 200mg time release capsules with beads in them (can't remember the brand I'd know it if I heard it) were readily available and cheap. 200mg cost the same as a big Mac meal.

It was when i was in south France. There was no heroine but these 100 and 200mg time release capsules with beads in them (can't remember the brand I'd know it if I heard it) were readily available and cheap. 200mg cost the same as a big Mac meal.
IVing time release morphine is not only a terrible idea from an HR perspective but almost certainly is less effective than both IVing IR pills (terrible idea, but safer than ER pills) and IVing a pharmaceutical prep for IV use.

If the vials are only 2.5mg/ml and you don't want to inject large amounts of fluid gentle evaporation keeping heat to 50 Celsius should be fine to reduce volume to more manageable amounts.

An a/b extraction would work as well but might be more wasteful unless well experienced with small scale extraction

Yeah Iving time release is not healthy. I'm sure maybe 150 or 180mg of that 200mg was the best I was getting into me (as well as fillers binders and wax)

I don't recommend it. Micron filters should be a must.

Not dicksizing but 200mg iv was my sweet spot. Awkward with big rigs as 60mg/ml ms solubility makes using 3.2mls water a necessity.

I was on about 100mg methadone a day.

Probably waaay too much unless very opiate tolerant. Be careful

I just figured I should explain the laugh reaction. I've also experienced tolerance levels of that degree or more. Your post just reminded me of my experiences & made me laugh. The solubility thing just brought back some amusing memories. (y) :)

I've always hated dealing with the solubility issues of morphine. Most people I knew where so clueless on that. Would prep up a 200 in a 1ML insulin rig & go on & on about how great the second's where. :rolleyes: They just could not understand solubility & the fact that it "wouldn't fit" in 1ML.

That & anti-histamines. :LOL: I always found that at higher doses an anti-histamine is often a good idea. Though watching people who you find annoying turn red as a tomato & bitch can be amusing. It's been years since all that though.

Regardless; thanks for the laugh! (y)

10mg is a good starting point. You can always do more, but you can't do less. Yes, by the standards of street dope, 4mL is a lot to inject, but it's meant to be piggybacked with an IV fluid bag in a medical setting. Also in a medical setting is meant to be injected slowly. In order to inject it without, you'll need either a bigger syringe, or to do it several times, and IVing straight from a big syringe is awkward. The best thing to do would be to start a medical type IV on yourself with proper technique; if you have access to MS ampules/vials maybe you have access to the necessary equipment for that.

@Jaredborgetti The above post is spot on. A good summary of what I was thinking in way less words. I'm glad you finally got some answers. I won't ramble this time & keep it short. ;)

Hopefully they help answer your question in a satisfactory manner! I'm just glad you got more input. :)

Yeah the solubility is a fucker. Morphine is not common in Ireland or the UK as far as I know. Not since the 80s early 90s and the days of diconal and palfium
Days which I was (un)luckily born too late to experience.

Antihistamines are an almost must with high dose morphine. So itchy

Prepping a 200mg with a fully.loaded 1ml should get 3 hits from that! I can see how slightly more than 60mg would go into "solution" through a cigarette filter or whatever but not a whole lot more than 60.

Plugg it.

Otherwise, 20mg should have you nodding without any risk of respiratory depression.

Yeah the solubility is a fucker. Morphine is not common in Ireland or the UK as far as I know. Not since the 80s early 90s and the days of diconal and palfium
Days which I was (un)luckily born too late to experience.

Antihistamines are an almost must with high dose morphine. So itchy

Prepping a 200mg with a fully.loaded 1ml should get 3 hits from that! I can see how slightly more than 60mg would go into "solution" through a cigarette filter or whatever but not a whole lot more than 60.

Indeed. It's not common in the US at this point either. It used to be more widely available. Hell I was on it for years myself before everything went to shit. I haven't run into it in years though besides the few I'd stashed away for emergencies. Not to mention the pricing. :(

I hear ya on the anti-histamines. I usually would take a Benadryl prior. That or mix in some hydroxizine, promethazine or orphenadrine with the shot. For doses larger than 60mg that is. Back in the day 60mg histamine release bothered me but that changed. Larger than 60 though anti-histamines are a definite. With orphenadrine & such it can be worth it regardless. As certain anti-histamines potentiate the morphine. And/or add to &/or have there own; rush.

I have rarely IV'd morphine that was not micron filtered IR tablets. I know back in the day there where times I didn't or used ER's. I had a few years where I didn't care to much. I digress though. :\

I'm sure filtering with cotton is a hassle; as with the amount of powder involved even a micron can go slow / clog if you don't pre-filter.

Either way; hopefully the OP got an answer to the question they asked. As I tried to give / get some good responses. I'm curious what @Jaredborgetti decided / ended up doing. :unsure: :)

Indeed. It's not common in the US at this point either. It used to be more widely available. Hell I was on it for years myself before everything went to shit. I haven't run into it in years though besides the few I'd stashed away for emergencies. Not to mention the pricing. :(

I hear ya on the anti-histamines. I usually would take a Benadryl prior. That or mix in some hydroxizine, promethazine or orphenadrine with the shot. For doses larger than 60mg that is. Back in the day 60mg histamine release bothered me but that changed. Larger than 60 though anti-histamines are a definite. With orphenadrine & such it can be worth it regardless. As certain anti-histamines potentiate the morphine. And/or add to &/or have there own; rush.

I have rarely IV'd morphine that was not micron filtered IR tablets. I know back in the day there where times I didn't or used ER's. I had a few years where I didn't care to much. I digress though. :\

I'm sure filtering with cotton is a hassle; as with the amount of powder involved even a micron can go slow / clog if you don't pre-filter.

Either way; hopefully the OP got an answer to the question they asked. As I tried to give / get some good responses. I'm curious what @Jaredborgetti decided / ended up doing. :unsure: :)
Hello! So far I havent gotten around to use the morphine, mainly due to an opportunity not being present, but I definetly have almost all the information I have on hand to do it, I have one more question though, the leaflet that comes inside the box says to inyect morphine slowly due to the risk of anaphilactic shock if inyected too quick, does that mean that you can die if you inyect it too quickly?

Hello! So far I havent gotten around to use the morphine, mainly due to an opportunity not being present, but I definetly have almost all the information I have on hand to do it, I have one more question though, the leaflet that comes inside the box says to inyect morphine slowly due to the risk of anaphilactic shock if inyected too quick, does that mean that you can die if you inyect it too quickly?

There's definitely no need to rush into it. Do so when you feel comfortable. :)

Especially if you're not familiar with IV injection technique & don't have someone to help you learn it or assist you. I know when I first tried IV I was TERRIFIED of needles. I looked the other way & had someone hit me. :ROFLMAO:

There are always risks with IV as a route of administration. See Case Studies It Could Happen to You! (WARNING: NSFW & may change your mind) over in OD for some horror stories...

As for the leaflet; I can't be 100% sure but I'm inclined to believe they're referring to an anaphylactic reaction likely mediated by the histamine reaction upon injecting morphine. At least that would be my guess based on personal experience & knowledge of the substance in question.

Actually my wife wanted me to again warn you that if you're not familiar with IV experience you may not enjoy it. She hated morphine IV. She enjoys morphine orally though. She's also tried Heroin IV. She loved H for comparison. She enjoyed the experience later on but absolutely hated the "rush" or initial experience. I'm guessing the difference is in the histamine? As H has far less histamine reaction. Back in the day when powder H was still available in my area if I had a larger histamine reaction than I would have expected it was usually because it had gotten damp at some point & broken down into morphine itself. So you may wish to consider using anti-histamines prior to your injection. I had thought that at doses as low as 1-3mg histamine wouldn't be an issue but in her case it was.

Sorry to repeat that but she insisted I do so & I listen! ;)

Again though to respond to your question regarding anaphylactic reactions from injecting to quick; I would be inclined to believe they refer to the histamine release. I've injected morphine at various speeds & never had an issue. The speed of injection does have an effect on the "rush" which in morphine's case also contains a large histamine component. So a faster injection may mean more of a risk from the histamine. I know certain opioids can not be safely IV'd for that reason. If you're concerned about the histamine reaction I would recommend an anti-histamine.

If you have the material for multiple experiences it may be safest to try with a low dose anti-histamine the first time regardless. That way you have an idea of if you enjoy the histamine reaction in the "rush" or if you do not. As from what I've seen people either love it or hate it. Back in the day I knew some IV users that were adverse to using morphine even when sick for that exact reason. Just a heads up. I hope that helps clarify. :)

Orphenadrine sounds amazing. Can it be IVd? You must be in Canada? Apologies if not. They are otc there am I right?
Is it much different from diphenhydramine?

Something else I'm jealous of is soma? Is this still available in us or Canada?
What's it like compared to benzos or ghb?

I've want ed to order some. To.try for years

Orphenadrine sounds amazing. Can it be IV'd? You must be in Canada? Apologies if not. They are otc there am I right?
Is it much different from diphenhydramine?

Yes it can be. I'm in the USA actually. I'm not to familiar with what's available OTC or by prescription in Canada. No need to apologize though! As honestly I'd be better off in Canada from what I've heard. At least from the Canadians I've spoken to. :\

Actually most anti-histamines are not over the counter in the USA. Orphenadrine, Hydroxazine, Promethazine, Etc. all are controlled in the US. Diphenhydramine & doxylamine are OTC though. I find there to be differences between the "generations" of anti-histamines. As to if it can be IV'd; I'd say yes. Again the caveat with any of this being that one uses proper micron filtration. I've tried all 3 of the ones I mentioned both ways; orally & IV as I was fortunate enough to encounter them on regular basis at one point. Orphenadrine is to my knowledge considered the "best" of them. I found them & Orphenadrine in particular to be more euphoria enhancing than say diphenhydramine. As opposed to diphenhydramine which I would opine subjectively potentiates the sedating aspects less so than the euphoric aspects. Again it can vary & is very subjective. 🙂

Obviously they all reduce histamine which changes the rush with some opioids. For exampe Morphine is a totally different experience with much less histamine release IMHO. Some people hate IV morphine specifically due to the large histamine release. Now a days with anything other than fentanyl analogues being unavailable where I'm located it hasn't played a role in quite some time. It's been years since I ran into real H. Other than going the dark web route which has it's own set of quirks & issues involved I don't expect to see it available again any time soon in my general area sadly enough. 😢

Something else I'm jealous of is soma? Is this still available in the US or Canada?

Soma (carisoprodol) is available as a prescription drug in the US. It used to be unscheduled. It's been a Schedule IV controlled substance since 2012. Depending on what part of the country you live the availability varies. If you're in the SW near Mexico it's widely available. I used to get tons of em when I lived in the SW of the US. I also had scripts for them for many years before the whole "Opioid Epidemic" utter nonsense started. They are quite pleasant. They are about the only so called "muscle relaxer" than I've tried that I actually find enjoyable. Rather than just sedating. Don't get me wrong they are sedating but compared to say tizanidine or cyclobenzaprine for example; Soma is a much more pleasant & recreational substance. I have many health issues personally & I found Soma to be the only "muscle relaxer" that actually did so. It's worth trying if you get the chance.

I always combined it though which is not recommended unless you're experienced with doing so as it can be an exponential multiplier in terms of systemic depression. As people tend to forget benzo + opioid + soma is not equal to 1+1+1=3 it's much higher. The response is not a linear curve. In my case I'm a chronic pain patient & at the time was prescribed the Soma along with Klonopin (clonazepam) at times Restoril (<3temazepam<3) & various opioids. I also have been on medications in these classes for at least a decade. As such my tolerance is quite high.

No one should take my anecdotes about my experiences as a statement of safety. Depending on the time period of my life; what gets/got me through the day('s) at times would have killed an elephant. Thus I'm including this & my prior statements just now as my obligatory disclaimer for any one else reading this. :)

Soma is not as widely available as it used to be in the US. I'm not really sure the availability beyond that it's less TBH. I know it's not widely available in my area. I believe it's still available elsewhere just not as much? I'm guessing it's still widely available in the SW as there most peoples supplies came from Mexico. As opposed to prescriptions.I could be wrong on the availability though; I'm not positivte. :unsure:

What's it like compared to benzos or ghb?

I've wanted to order some. To try for years

I find GHB to be it's own beast. I'm quite familiar with that substance. It's not "widely" available. in the US to my knowledge. I've been lucky in that regard. It was available in the SW through people I knew that could acquire essentially anything. Long story there. Most of my experience with it though is through Xyrem brand prescription Sodium Oxybate. So 99.9% of my experience was with pharmaceutical grade material. It's an interesting substance but besides my rambling there I honestly couldn't compare it to benzos or Soma. I find GHB to be a unique experience that I couldn't easily compare to any other. ;)

I'm very familiar with benzos as well. Soma is most similar in effect to Restoril (temazepam) from my experience. In terms of pharmacology IIRC a portion metabolizes to Miltown (meprobamate). However; to my knowledge contrary to popular belief carisoprodol itself is responsible for a majority of the drugs effects as opposed to it's metabolite meprobomate. Don't take this as gospel as I'm going off the top of my head but IIRC. :LOL:

So to sum it up I'd say Soma is most similar to Restoril (temazepam) in terms of effects from what I've experienced. As temazepam is a potent muscle relaxer I find it most similar & in my opinion enjoyable. More commonly people might be familiar with Valium (diazepam) a portion of which metabolizes to temazepam. Though I'll let it go before we get more into pharmacology of various prescription (in my country) or RC benzodiazepines. 😁

I myself have only ever ordered a few RC's at one point. Some phenazepam when I needed to substitute for my clonazepam when I had prescription error at one point is what I recall most. I haven't really messed with ordering anything else RC wise & though I've explored the darknet markets a bit I've never actually placed an order or even acquired the crypto to do so. Regardless; can't discuss sourcing. I just realized I'm just rambling as usual. 😜

Just think I got interrupted & went to the store in the middle of this post. I was going to apologize for not having the time to properly answer. Apparently even when I'm interrupted & end up trying to keep it short I still am so effusive I pretty much write a book. :rolleyes: My apologies for the length & enjoy your Sunday. :)