• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

IV Bruise Treatments

I know this isn't really sound information, but as i've personally found, the places for me least likely to bruise happen to be my hands, also the marks don't appear and no one notices that i've been using - however, i only tend to use the extremities after a decent relapse stint - i even went so far as once using the vein in my dick (for no reason other than to see if i could do it) that did however leave a nasty bruise.

I can't seem to get rid of the little darkened dots in the crooks of my arms from use, i have similar marks on my hands, yet not nearly as noticeable (only i seem to be able to see them or in most cases, they've actually pretty much vanished)

In regards to technique, with a tourniquet I usually leave it tight whilst injecting and release it before i remove the needle, and leave it quite a ways up my arm, so as i to confirm i don't bleed out the drugs - quickly remove or tell someone else to remove the strap before removing the needle. Generally i don't have to use a tourniquet, but it does come in handy to use one when using the extremities, particular the left hand side of my wrist. Also, my home made tourniquet (the strap taken from my night robe), it has a loop in one end, which acts as a slipknot and the squeeze is significantly loosened by just releasing the end of the strap from my mouth.

i even went so far as once using the vein in my dick (for no reason other than to see if i could do it) that did however leave a nasty bruise.

lol... I'm sure it wasn't a laughing matter, but that's some pretty funny shit. at least you're honest!!! hahaha

I know a guy that uses his femoral vein each & every time. even just looking at that needle scared the crap out of me! (I prefer the smaller gague ones - can't use the regular grey-packaged sort... need the thinner tip, with the green label! 0.27 I think they are) - they're also better for minimising the evidence. :p

29g you mean. ;) the orange tip variety is a 27g (both terumo and BD brands have orange tips for 27g and green for 29g... i have also seen 29g with the shorter needle..) however i found it near impossible to use a 29g to register and inject with most times i tried. I have used needles ranging from 29-21g for IV injection... 21g more so for IM injections into the thigh. I also tried to use 25g for injections into the bicep.

You mean the femoral vein running through the scrotom, or in the groin area? I've seen people do that, but never actually seen anyone who used their cock before... most people i tell are highly disgusted.

I never realized you were an I.V user hyroller... I also never thought i'd have a positive conversation with you... i suppose more amazing things have happened lately.

I was much more under the impression you hated i.v drug use...

Last edited:
Ouch, the penis! A friend of mine said he tried it and couldn't happen so gave up, was a bit sore for a few days though. Haha. It's adventurous though that's for sure. He's used the vein in his neck as well, said that was very intense and extremely difficult to achieve.

Yeah, I use the terumo orange tipped ones and I've only seen one person do the groin vein but alot of blood came out after he removed the needle, so looked alot more icky than it perhaps was.

MrIbis, I heard that the hands are tricky because of the potential for rolling veins etc. I always have those veins showing whereas elbow crook ones don't show as well. Any change in technique regarding hands?

Mav :)

i find the one that runs down the side of the hand from the outside of the index finger, just above the thumb extremely easy to hit. with no roll. Also the one on the top of my hand, its a bit harder to hit, but i can achieve it, just before the junction where it splits into two generally. I've also managed to hit that vein on the edge of the knuckle of the index finger before. It was a little painful for a bit though.

Just approach the area with caution, try to run the needle almost horizontal to the vein upon entry. and tie your wrist about an inch down to make it alot easier to hit.

The wrist veins roll easily.. also try to avoid a miss on the hands, as it can be fairly obvious for quite a while if you do miss (i only shoot opiates by the way) and itching ur hand after a bit of a miss is a bit of a giveaway. The ones in my crooks i can feel out, but cant see, apart from the trackmarks i have there...

I also tried to use 25g for injections into the bicep.

i use 26g 1/2'' tips for this, the BD Precision Glides, as i'm using 3 or 5mL barrels shooting mscontins -27-31g are useless for this for me as puncturing the skin is enough to block the tip and make it unable to flag, especially less than half an inch above the crook. they're (26g) perfect for following the bicep up and leave no bruising mark whatsoever. though the further you get toward the shoulder, the better a 1'' tip would be as the 1/2 tip can nearly disappear and that can freak new IVers out, not being able to see the tip. it can also make missed shots less visually apparent as you're shooting further under the skin than near the top like in the crook you don't see or feel that bubble build up easily.

the bicep/crook is only place it hit beside maybe the cephalic veins as Mr Ibis is describing : the ones running up the inside of the arm (index finger and thumb area). they tend not to roll but its always good practice, especially when first performing, to put a light tourniquet on them, around 6 inches above where you're injecting

the dorsal venous network has also been a successful place for me as well, opposite side to the cephalic. no roll and a good 8-10inches of vein available to access

theres plenty of veins maps out there to check out :)

i personally never go near the hands, have never needed to and don't want to risk it. its the crook/bicep for me, plus your body is a mirror imagine you know so they're exactly the same on the other side;)

Warm compresses (warm water and a washcloth) several times a day and soaking in Epsom salt was what was recomended to me at my local exchange by a guy i trust fully and respect....he is a guru of this shit and a part time flabotomist.

Trust me...you'll go near your hands and your feet and your finger tips/palms neck and bottoms of your feet like I have as soon as you struggle to hit for hours at a time anywhere else....you have not experienced pain until you've stuck a 29G needle into your fucking thumb or ring finger knuckle. My vein situation is HOPELESS so a caution for others don't let it get this far....I was ignorant when i started over 2 years ago and used 28G (only ones available at local exchange at the time) and tore my arms to SHIT. Use 30 and 31G needles whenever possible....bigger guages are not needed simply preferred for specific kinds of intravenous drug use...anyone who can stick bigger then a 29G needle into their extremities is a king among men in my oppinion...because that shit is FUCKING painful.

Yeah - he stuck it into his groin. gross really. I mean he was a completely seedy character to begin with (like, almost enough to make my hairs stand on end), and his perpetual whacking up into the groin area was just the cherry on top of the cake 8o

And yep - 29g... I thought about it after I said it, the higher the number, the smaller the point.... ;)

Definitely not averse to IV drug use, lol! I am, though, a big advocate for sterile injecting procedures =D I thought we had touched on this once before. but yeah - my mate and I have tried some weird shit, him moreso with his 'spots' and me moreso with the variety of chems I've tried that way... heh.. although I do know others that beat me hands down.

Even though I'm a fairly infrequent IVer (once-twice a week was my max really), over a two-year period the evidence still accumulates. I have a small dip in ther crook of my right arm slightly smaller than a cigarette burn (the skin just caves in a touch)... fortunately you have to be looking to see it, but I would always sit there with bepanthen & god knows what else for 5-10min after the fact trying to conceal it, lol, would sometimes threaten my buzz a little being so pedantic!!!! been lucky to get away with the same spot though, it has gone crunchy at times & that's when I've had to use my noodle in finding other places.... usually never straying from the same region though!

Last edited:
Good advice Leftwing! I'm picking up some great information, gotta love Bluelight!

I've started going the opposite side, thought it'd be harder than it was but it seems like I'm quite ambidextrous! Haha!

I heard the warm compress thing too (I think that was mainly to get veins up, warm water/temperature helps?) but not epsom salts.. Pretty cool!

^Mav, see im actually right handed, but i always used my left for injections.. (injecting into the right arm) until alot later when i started alternating around probably 6 injection sites.

Which is more than enough for my a days worth of gear. With the warm water thing, i tended to opt for a bath, then go for it when i got out feeling nice and relaxed.

Ahhh, nice MrIbis! Yeah I'll be doing the opposite again tonight (I'm right handed too, so I'll be injecting into the right arm) it's not as hard as I thought! :)

It's a tad cold here in QLD today so a bath might be in order tonight haha.. Can't wait for winter!!!!

^Mav, see im actually right handed, but i always used my left for injections.. (injecting into the right arm)

+1

I think the dominant side is better for veins generally speaking (as far as the upper body goes), the flesh being somewhat tighter and stuff... less chance of them rolling (that's my theory anyway!)

Otherwise, my left hand is fairly useless.... (well, aside from being able to touch-type).

**oh yeah - should add, I don't use a tourniquet ever.. which is why I'm partial to the right hand side... I can do the left but need a tourni for that & the procedure just annoys me, so...

Last edited:
Trust me...you'll go near your hands and your feet and your finger tips/palms neck and bottoms of your feet like I have as soon as you struggle to hit for hours at a time anywhere else....you have not experienced pain until you've stuck a 29G needle into your fucking thumb or ring finger knuckle. My vein situation is HOPELESS so a caution for others don't let it get this far....I was ignorant when i started over 2 years ago and used 28G (only ones available at local exchange at the time) and tore my arms to SHIT. Use 30 and 31G needles whenever possible....bigger guages are not needed simply preferred for specific kinds of intravenous drug use...anyone who can stick bigger then a 29G needle into their extremities is a king among men in my oppinion...because that shit is FUCKING painful.

i don't understand how people after just 2 years of IVing can fuck all sites like that, you must have terrible technique (i'm sorry, just being honest). i've mainly only ever used 27g (for 5 years now and never blown a vein even with extended periods of multiple uses daily) and have never experienced any such problems. while yes i agree with smaller gauges to ease the vein damage being done, but 28g is a fine gauge for an IV addict to use daily for a long time. those first 3 years IVing were some hardcore tweaking years too so i'm all too familiar with redosing for days in a row. a new needle for every hit, a lot of people seem(that i've met and spoke online) to have an attitude that's almost apathetic toward the damage reusing does.

i'm used to sticking a 26g into my bicep vein and there's only the initial piercing pain until it flags(which is fuck all honestly), or of course maybe a partial miss/leak pain, nothing else. it doesn't hurt. having a hair plucked out of your arm hurts much more for christ sake. why it's hurting their extremities is, firstly because they're not smart places to be shooting, it's probably because they're missing shots, the veins are small and more delicate and roll as a consequence causing more leaks, pokin&digging, and having nowhere/nothing to absorb subcutaneously. the artery near the thumb is an provenly mis hit place,:\

^Mav, see im actually right handed, but i always used my left for injections.. (injecting into the right arm) until alot later when i started alternating around probably 6 injection sites.
i'm actually right handed as well but always hit my left hand, the veins are a lot more prominent on the left hand side as well, more visible too. i've just never felt very comfortable/at ease using my right arm (using left hand for injection).

Last edited by a moderator:
Tips

Immediately apply a cold compress to the area to reduce the swelling.

Supplements

Vitamin C is an antioxidant and is depleted when the body is trying to rid itself of pollutants, allergens or drugs. Take 2 grams the first day, adding one gram daily until 12 grams daily is reached. Using unbuffered vitamin C sometimes causes stomach upset at large doses. Bioflavonoids, such as rutin and hesperidin, facilitate the functions of vitamin C. Take 200-1,000 mg of rutin daily with the vitamin C. Vitamin C helps protect against bruising by strengthening capillary walls.

Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C to repair tissues.

Vitamin K is made in the intestines, but can be depleted by antibiotics, which kill the friendly bacteria that synthesize it. Supplementing your diet with leafy, green vegetables is a good way to add this vitamin to your system. You can also use vitamin K cream which will help fade and clear bruises and can help decrease post- surgical bruising when used approximately two weeks prior to surgery and after surgery. It helps the capillaries heal themselves by sealing the blood leakage. Vitamin K also supports the body's ability to reabsorb the blood in surrounding tissues, thereby helping fade the bruise and restoring the skin to normal color.

Zinc is helpful in maintaining healthy connective tissue, and a deficiency can lead to bruising. Take 50-100 mg daily. However, don't take doses this high for more than a week or two without medical supervision, as it may interfere with absorption of other important minerals, especially copper.

Remedies

Butter Apply butter (not margerine!) immediately after getting bruised. Remedy courtesy of Rosie Kinsey, as learned from an RN friend in rural Indiana.

Cabbage Macerate and heat some cabbage and apply to the affected area.

Calendula Apply a cream or a tincture of calendula to the bruise.

Mustard Make a poultice of mustard and apply to the bruise. It will draw the blood away from the bruise.

• Combine 2 parts of ground mustard seed with one part set honey and one part finely chopped onion. Apply to the bruised area and cover with a bandage. This will relieve the bruise and swelling.

Onions Make a poultice of roasted onions and apply to the bruise.

• Cut an onion, dip it in apple cider vinegar and rub on the bruise as soon after it occurs as possible to prevent black and blue marks.

Pepper Applying black pepper oil to the bruise will also draw the blood away from it.

Vinegar Make a compress and soak it in vinegar to alleviate the bruise and swelling. Avoid getting it in the eyes.

Vitamin C Increased intake of this vitamin has been shown to improve resistance to bruising. Take 2 grams the first day, then add one gram until your intake is 12 grams daily. Use unbuffered vitamin C if regular vitamin C causes stomach upset.

Vitamin K Rub a cream with vitamin K on the bruise twice a day. Vitamin K will aid your body in breaking down blood and reabsorbing it. The act of rubbing helps speed the process.

Witch hazel A tincture of witch hazel will relieve swelling and bruises. Apply as a cool compress.

Zinc Take 50-100 mg daily. However, don't take doses this high for more than a week or two without medical supervision, as it may interfere with absorption of other important minerals, especially copper.

Homeopathic

Arnica To alleviate dark, swollen bruises, apply a gel containing arnica every three hours to encourage healing. Or, apply a tincture or cream to the affected area. Arnica traditionally has been used for muscle aches, sprains and bruises. The gel should improve the swelling, stiffness and discoloration. Some people have a reaction to arnica, so if your skin becomes red, itchy or inflamed, discontinue use.

Info is all borrowed off this website.

I personally just take a vitamin C + zinc + magnesium supplement.

Arnica To alleviate dark, swollen bruises, apply a gel containing arnica every three hours to encourage healing. Or, apply a tincture or cream to the affected area. Arnica traditionally has been used for muscle aches, sprains and bruises. The gel should improve the swelling, stiffness and discoloration. Some people have a reaction to arnica, so if your skin becomes red, itchy or inflamed, discontinue use.

Arnica is the duck's nuts when it comes to treating bruises and sprains. It's always in our first aid kit.

Just a quick reminder re lotions etc - do NOT apply until injecting site has ceased bleeding. You don't want to put hirudoid, for example, on an open puncture - it will just make it bleed and bruise MORE.

A lot of people swear by Hirudoid, but I'm damned I can find any evidence it actually works, except on the Hirudoid website....

Best solution for IV bruising and scarring - new equipment and good technique.

i have seen speed give these exact donut bruises to a freind of mine.

i thought it was from not releasing the torni a little before the zoom.

i leave my torni on when i shoot, but always release it enough to let some pressure thru, or it hurts, and htis can bruise a little.

i use rosa cream for scars.