• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Actavis brand Opana 5mg - Iso Method?

Alcohol120

Bluelighter
Hi, it's been a while since I've been around here.

Here and there over the past couple months I have been IV'ing generic Opana 10mg IR's. They were a hot pink color all the way through, and mixed up very easily, pulling up a nice pink-tinted but perfectly clear solution. No trouble at all.

Well, recently instead of these generic 10mg IR's, I received 5mg Actavis brand. I crushed them and mixed water, assuming since they were 5mg that they were also IR, but it seems that they are extended release... *sigh* They gelled terribly. (Honestly, I don't see what the hell the point of FIVE MILLIGRAM EXTENDED RELEASE is, but I digress...)

Anyway, I searched online for a method of IV'ing them. The only thing I found was a very old thread about 15mg Actavis ER, and something called an "Iso Method," which a lot of people confirmed worked great. Apparently you extract the oxymorphone via isopropyl alcohol. The thread didn't really explain the method, only mentioned it. The only the I could decipher was something about backloading a large barrel syringe (5ml+) with cotton in the tip, and pressing it through. I have no idea how this works and don't want to mess my veins or body up by doing it wrong (ironic I'm saying that when I'm talking about IVing a pill, but save the speech, I'm experienced and know what I'm getting into here).

Does anyone know how the Iso method works? How do I mix it? Please offer step-by-step instructions. Secondly, is there any other known working method for these?

SUCCESSFUL method for defeating the TimerX anti-abuse system, using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol, in the name of harm reduction.

First off -- DO NOT INJECT PILLS! DON'T INJECT ANYTHING! Needles will ruin your life.

If that doesn't turn you away, here are the steps used to extract the oxymorphone from the ER pills, beating the TimerX system.

-Remove any coating (if there is any) from your pills. I suggest a very fine grain of sand paper, a finger nail file, or something of the sort. The ones I used did not have a coating.

-Crush the pills to as fine a powder as possible, the finer the better.

-Place powder into a small container. A shot glass works well.

-Draw up 2-3cc's of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol into your syringe, place into shot glass with the crushed pills. Mix, and let sit for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

-Using the needle and syringe, draw the alcohol out of the shot glass. I added an additional 1cc's of Isopropyl after the first filtering, mixed again, and then drew that up as well. The mixture should be relatively clear (it will look slightly cloudy). If the mixture is opaque, and not at least 50% transparent, you didn't filter it well enough.

-At this point you will need to place the alcohol/oxymorphone liquid into a metal container. I used a very large spoon which I set on a burner on my electric stove. An iron, skillet, or any sort of ELECTRIC heating device should work. I DO NOT recommend using a flame of any kind.

-Heat very lightly (I set the burner on my stove between 1 and 2). You want to SLOWLY evaporate the alcohol out of the spoon. DO NOT boil. DO NOT heat too much. The idea is to apply a very light heat to encourage evaporation. You can also very gently blow across the top of the spoon to speed the process along. It will take 5-10 minutes. DO NOT RUSH THIS STEP OR YOU WILL RUIN THE ENTIRE PROJECT. YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED IF YOU AREN'T PATIENT.

As the alcohol evaporates, AVOID breathing in the fumes. They can give you a massive headache, and are very harmful.

-The alcohol will slowly evaporate, and what is left in the spoon will look cloudier and thicker as more alcohol evaporates. This is okay, what is left is the extracted oxymorphone. It won't be very much at all. Once it gets down to mostly just the oxymorphone residue, remove the spoon from heat. Gently blow on the residue for another 3-5 minutes. ENSURE THAT ALL OF THE ALCOHOL IS EVAPORATED. You DO NOT want to inject ANY alcohol into your bloodstream. IT IS VERY VERY HARMFUL, even more so than injecting pills in the first place.

-Once again, ENSURE ALL ALCOHOL IS EVAPORATED. You should be left with a small amount of residue/crust in the spoon. At this point, you want to draw up around 3/4th's of a cc to 1cc of HOT water in your syringe, and add it to the residue. Mix gently with the needle cap or preferred stirring apparatus. Draw the water into the syringe through a filter.

-Ensure the solution is clear. It should be almost completely transparent. Do not inject cloudy or opaque solution.

-Finally, inject your extracted oxymorphone. Or throw the syringe, needle, and remaining oxymorphone away and stop doing drugs.

The end.

I hope this reduces harm for others in some small way.

Last edited:
isopropyl alcohol is not as toxic as you are making it out to be, traces of alcohol residue will not be terribly harmful

in quantities less than 1mL it will quite easily be metabolised to acetone & CO2 in the body and if it is diluted heavily with water you won't experience vein damage

I thought they got rid of TimerX years ago..... and aren't these IR tablets??? IR 5s and 10s should be crushed, mixed with clean water, then filtered through a 0.2um micron filter.

The activa ane new global pharmaceutical [endo pharm related company I believe] are timerX as the stop sigh endos not INTACT like the skittles and smarties are that endo produce now thatbare solid like plastic matrix similar to the OP OC, but much more lethal to inject due to the filler and binders used in the INTACT system that requires 100% ETOH, a buchner funnel, a lot of tedious work that requires an understanding of the method and lab exp, and more materials I don't care to mention.

Edit: NO FIRE OR ELECTRONIC HEAT SOURCE WITH ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL OR ANY FLAMABLE SOLVENT

Get 99% iso if possible as the more water in your solution means the more time release solution is collected in your end product as well as will cause the pill powder to gell when washed causing issues filtering.

Canning jar in pot with hot water added heated elsewhere for water bath used to heat iso by sealing iso in canning jar and allowing it to sit in a pot filled with hot water replaced when cold. Do not use excessively hot water or allow fumes to build in a closed jar leading to explosion.

coffee filters

shot glass

oral syringe

flat collection tray

fan

1. Remove coating from pill to leave white center only. Start with one pill or else two with five mg like op until methods perfected.

2. Crush white body into powder and mix with minor amount of warm iso not too hot that it destroys the oxymorphone just enough to allow more of the pill to dissolve with as little iso as possible. This may lead to pulling more filler and binder possibly requiring a second rinse risking loss, which can be avoided using room temperature iso in this step. I recommend heating the iso for large batches while using room temp iso for up to three or five pills.

3. Use the oral syringe to pull off as much iso without pulling the pill reside, which could be accomplished with a cotton filter. If there is no concern of rewashing skip this and pour the solution or squirt the syringe through a coffee filter to land in the collection tray.. Pour a bit extra iso to wash through any trapped oxymorphome.

4. Let the iso evap under a fan over although not in a tray of steaming water to speed the evap. After the alcohol evaporates you should have your oxymorphone that is extracted as it dissolves in alcohol while the timerx does not. It should all pull in one wash, but large batches might need multi washes, Remember 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, up to 100 mg wont look like much or different, but remember 1 mg IV or 2.5 nasally can easily knock you on your ass. Have a scale if you choose to extract a large ammount. pure/close to pure OM or any opiate for that manner is dangerous and usually why they are cut. Also remember it is a home extract so it is only close to pure. Please micron filter/wheel filter any extracted oxymorphone before attempting any iv and do not attempt IM ever without something formulated for IM.

Be Safe op

Last edited: