• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Isopropanol extract of cannabis

izo

Bluelighter
has anyone experience with this? i made some extract of thc from leftover cannabis leaves i had from trimming buds years ago. i was left with some dark green sticky and gooey substance. we mixed it with tobacco and smoked it through a bong. all of us got really stoned, nobody was in the mood to speak...
the high was defenitely differerent than that of the trimmed buds, much more sedating and a much heavier high. very different than that of normal weed we knew. we smoked it in a church were one of my mates made his community service at that time. i believe it was an thc enriched extract without some of the other cannabis ingredients that contribute to the nice high of cannabis products normally. has anybody experience with this?

the experience of pure thc products also seems to be very different from normal weed, more to the effects as described above. perhaps someone has experience with pure thc?

the experience of pure thc products also seems to be very different from normal weed, more to the effects as described above. perhaps someone has experience with pure thc?
Yeah, I've smoked crystalline thc-a, looked like K

has anyone experience with this? i made some extract of thc from leftover cannabis leaves i had from trimming buds years ago. i was left with some dark green sticky and gooey substance. we mixed it with tobacco and smoked it through a bong. all of us got really stoned, nobody was in the mood to speak...
the high was defenitely differerent than that of the trimmed buds, much more sedating and a much heavier high. very different than that of normal weed we knew. we smoked it in a church were one of my mates made his community service at that time. i believe it was an thc enriched extract without some of the other cannabis ingredients that contribute to the nice high of cannabis products normally. has anybody experience with this?
Ive made oil using this method before. Results in a black tarrish sticky substance, sometimes if you let it extract too long it can look a bit dark green. I enjoyed this extract method, its pretty easy mind you it really stinks if you are in a rush and you boil the iso off. The alternative is to wait for it to evapourate on its own. which takes a a while, next to a window usually helps

id say this too, but the effects were really different, much more to the effects i would imagine pure thcs would be.

I'd assume the iso would pull more alkaloids than just thc
oh absolutely, it would be a more full spectrum extraction. I would have no clue where to begin with refining to just THC. though that would be interesting to try. Though i suspect the full range of alkaloids contributes to the effects we all know from cannabis. just THC would kind of be like just 7hydroxymitraginine and no other kratom alkaloids, from what i understand the other stuff is what makes the active alkaloids work at full potential.

same with opium. the other alkaloids create a much different effect than just morphine alone. extends how long it works and the overall feeling. Probably the same for kratom and cannabis. Kava is a great example of a whole bunch of different alkaloids all acting in a synergistic fashion

yes, but then i dont understand the different effects that it had compared to normal weed. strange. i also made some golden butane extracted oil. but this had no effect for whatever reason.

oh absolutely, it would be a more full spectrum extraction. I would have no clue where to begin with refining to just THC. though that would be interesting to try. Though i suspect the full range of alkaloids contributes to the effects we all know from cannabis. just THC would kind of be like just 7hydroxymitraginine and no other kratom alkaloids, from what i understand the other stuff is what makes the active alkaloids work at full potential.

same with opium. the other alkaloids create a much different effect than just morphine alone. extends how long it works and the overall feeling. Probably the same for kratom and cannabis. Kava is a great example of a whole bunch of different alkaloids all acting in a synergistic fashion
Yeah I much prefer flower or bubble hash for this reason

yes, but then i dont understand the different effects that it had compared to normal weed. strange. i also made some golden butane extracted oil. but this had no effect for whatever reason.
Oil is still different from straight buds your right, its more sedating. perhaps it has to do with the amount your getting at once. or perhaps its because in weed you get the natural balance. with an iso extraction chances are you are extracting lots of some alkaloids and little of others, thus changing the overall effect due to the alkaloid profile changing a bit

Yeah I much prefer flower or bubble hash for this reason
I find hashish and oil are very similar. Do you have a different experience? or is it just because solid hashish is easier to handle. Thats why I personally would prefer hashish over oil extracts. mind you i can make better oil than i can hashish lol.

I find hashish and oil are very similar. Do you have a different experience? or is it just because solid hashish is easier to handle. Thats why I personally would prefer hashish over oil extracts. mind you i can make better oil than i can hashish lol.
That's mainly due to the harshness of the smoke/vapor

That and flower sometimes isn't strong enough but concrntrwtes jack up tolerance .. hash is a nice middle ground

The best oil I have ever had was a CO2 extraction. Dont ask me how it was done because i have no clue. But it looked like really light vegetable oil only obviously thicker. Boasted 80 percent THC. surprisingly I didnt pay much. 80 bucks for 5grams. Lasted weeks

That's mainly due to the harshness of the smoke/vapor

That and flower sometimes isn't strong enough but concrntrwtes jack up tolerance .. hash is a nice middle ground
I would agree with that. Sometimes when you go at weed too long, even switching strains you will get to a point where it doesnt really work anymore. I mean a bit for 20 minutes but not really. No more 3 hour trips and munch outs with laughs and fellowship. thats over. certainly no more sleep from it. kind of boring really after a while

Alcohol is not very selective and the darkness is usually plant oils and undesirable fats/chlorophyll.

If you look into a quick wash with iso, or a qwiso, you’ll end up with a more refined, less dark extraction. Basically you chill the iso in the freezer and only extract for a minute (maybe less).

i still dont understand why it made you so extremely stoned, not just too much thc when you had too much in your cake or so. but the nature of the high was really different.

I’ve consumed pure THC-A as well. It’s definitely missing something. This product also had the isolated terpenes with it in a vial that produced a much stronger body stone that I was looking for, it did have residual cannabinoids though.

THC is mostly the feel good mental stimulation, whereas the other cannabinoids and terpenoids give the body high most of us like.

Ive also experience with alcohol extracts, which won’t produce a pure THC product but a mix of cannabinoids and terpenes. Alcohol just isn’t that great or efficient at the job, and produces an inferior product. Alcohol extracts are best for oral use as the chlorophyll is good for inflammation.

-GC

Alcohol is not very selective and the darkness is usually plant oils and undesirable fats/chlorophyll.

If you look into a quick wash with iso, or a qwiso, you’ll end up with a more refined, less dark extraction. Basically you chill the iso in the freezer and only extract for a minute (maybe less).
I see, yes ive heard shorter extractions produce a more purer, albeit smaller in quantity but better in quality. cold alcohol eh? interesting.