• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IS This true!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
A user who consumed 3 g of Spice Gold every day for several months showed withdrawal symptoms, similar to those associated with withdrawing from the use of narcotics. Doctors treating the user also noted that his use of the product showed signs associated with addiction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabinoids#Adverse_effects

This excerpt from wikipedia only talks about one particular user who had such a withdrawal. But, given the fact that synthetic cannabinoids are full agonists, their potential for causing severe withdrawal is probably real.

I have heard anecdotally that yes, withdrawal from some synthetic cannabinoids is quite severe. I don't have any personally experience, however.

It could be. It's really hard to say because, given that most synthetic Cannabinoids have very little in terms of medical research. Also, the fact that how "terrible" a withdrawal syndrome is, is a completely subjective notion that is going to vary widely from person to person. These feelings and emotions are not something that can be quantified with any kind of specificity. The best we can do is say that maybe they could be. I also saw that documentary on Vice and for what it's worth, it would seem that those guys who are dependent upon the synthetic Cannabinoids have a very shitty time when they don't have them. I'm not saying there can be no discussion whatsoever about synthetic Cannabinoids, but given the fact that they are a relatively obscure class of drugs, the issue of trying to define something that is impossible to define becomes even harder.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.