• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Is this site bad for recovery

Idk I sometimes have using dreams after I’ve been on BL all day. Triggers typically are people places and things that cause an emotional response that we think only using can fix.
My wife thinks the same thing, and honestly she’s probably right. Time I spend on here is just time I’m not focused on recovery. But it’s not inherently a bad thing, trying to help people reduce harm, or be supportive to their attempts to quit can help me get out of my own head for a bit.
Good reply

That was directed at me. Just ignore, she was being your spokes person I guess.

As long as you're still fighting for your life you are not stuck! Have you ever gotten clean before? I have many times for years sometimes. It is a lifelong battle we have. You sound like a warrior though! Fight for your life Marji

Marji I'd love to hear your dreams and visions for the future. Like where would you live? who'd be around you? What would a real good life look like for you? Dare to dream and say it out loud. Make a plan with small steps and go for it.

I bounce between days of sobriety and days of drug use. Not attempting to remain permanently sober by any means. So my opinion might be irrelevant.

Even though you have people like us who enjoy sharing experiences about our favorite drugs, I also see a lot of posts on here that could be very helpful for somebody in recovery. Some people here have been clean for a long time and will be happy to share their experiences and offer advice for people trying to get sober. You may also see a lot of people struggling going through hell, but still trying. Perhaps knowing you're not alone in the struggle could be helpful as well.

I guess it all depends on you. If seeing people talk about drugs all day makes you want to do drugs, then it might not be very helpful. But I imagine that even if you're not on here, you'll eventually come across people in the real world that are on drugs or might even do drugs in front of you. Gotta be strong enough to resist the temptation!

Marji I'd love to hear your dreams and visions for the future. Like where would you live? who'd be around you? What would a real good life look like for you? Dare to dream and say it out loud. Make a plan with small steps and go for it.
Good redirecting

I am sure the site has saved a number of lives and helped people trying to modify their use in one way or another get to their goal. I know it informs lots of people and sets them back on the path they were trying to follow in one way or another, like people who were feeling a lot worse than they should about a relapse or temptation -- the former is simply the beginning of the next step in recovery and with a number of substances like opioids, depressants, alcohol especially it comes from a physiological process that makes relapse a possibility just like it is with other illnesses. But thinking a web site is going to send someone down across the Styx is sort of insulting in a Parents Music Resource Centre kind of way, and overkill in a Index Librorum Prohibitorum* kind of way if you ask me.

There also is a lot of disinformation and misinformation floating around out there, pushed by people who are as highly motivated as filthy lucre and psycho-sexual control issues can make them, and Bluelight I hear frequently is a valuable research tool in getting out the real information.

If it is the kind of reaction the average person would have seeing a web site about drugs and not knowing a lot about it, it is to be expected and some gentle explanation and education may help and some evasive action if that doesn't do the trick . . , if it is more than that, well, anyone here have any experience with this in particular? Some things are some people's province, others are not, and maybe there needs to be more than simply stated intent in sorting them out.

---
* By the way, the same organisation within the RCC also compiled the Index Expurgatorius which actually contained the objectionable content, so as to direct people on new, unlisted materials, presumably.

Last edited:
I’m currently attempting sobriety (not entirely successfully mind you) and still check in here every day.
Everyone is SO SUPPORTIVE when you try get your shit together, honestly who understands this struggle better than those in the same position?
My family have NO CLUE, they think I should just stop because I want to and that’s it. They never want to discuss it again.

I need to talk about it sometimes tho, you know?

There’s plenty of other threads to contribute in if you find the drug talk triggering.

You are doing SO awesome too! 😎
I am so proud of you!
Little ass kicker!
❤️🌹👍

O.P. -
I think it helps to help others.
It also reminds me of how bad things can get if I let it get out of hand.
Sometimes I will go read about someone going through heavy detox and will remind myself that I do not want to go there!
This site makes me feel way less alone.
I am a chronic pain patient and there are others like me here too.
We also struggle to keep our medication used as prescribed.

You are doing SO awesome too! 😎
I am so proud of you!
Little ass kicker!
🌹👍

O.P. -
I think it helps to help others.
It also reminds me of how bad things can get if I let it get out of hand.
Sometimes I will go read about someone going through heavy detox and will remind myself that I do not want to go there!
This site makes me feel way less alone.
I am a chronic pain patient and there are others like me here too.
We also struggle to keep our medication used as prescribed.

Your support is what keeps me coming back lovely xxx

And I agree, it’s rewarding helping others get thru.
Shit it’s a whole chapter in the AA book isn’t it lol

As long as you're still fighting for your life you are not stuck! Have you ever gotten clean before? I have many times for years sometimes. It is a lifelong battle we have. You sound like a warrior though! Fight for your life Marji
Thank you. I’ve been using for twelve years now and I really want to be done. Longest period of clean time I’ve had was eight months and I was living in sober living housing. I may need to go back. Also the best rehab is offering me a bed there I guess bc I’m well known in the area and they know I’m struggling. That’s another possibility. Only thing holding me back is I have an eleven year old son and he doesn’t know about my relapse. He would be devastated

Your support is what keeps me coming back lovely xxx

And I agree, it’s rewarding helping others get thru.
Shit it’s a whole chapter in the AA book isn’t it lol
Thank you so much guys. You know what moves me last night? I’m in NA. There’s a women I recently met. I explained how I’m getting money and it is a means of survival right nowz
Maaaaannnnn, I met her at a meeting yesterday, you should’ve seen how much she packed my car with food so I don’t have to do what I do for now. I just had to share that. I was so touched. 🖤

Painful one is the LEAST useless person I’ve met since my journey with drugs and quitting has begun!

There’s loads of great people here.
You’ll feel right at home and strong enough to kick the useless wanna be pimp to the curb in no time.

How long have you been with NA.
I actually found them more resourceful and open minded than AA.
Do you have a support person yet or is this lovely lady you just met gonna be it?

You’re way on the right track you know.
The only thing your lacking is the self confidence to go it alone.

Painful one is the LEAST useless person I’ve met since my journey with drugs and quitting has begun!

There’s loads of great people here.
You’ll feel right at home and strong enough to kick the useless wanna be pimp to the curb in no time.

How long have you been with NA.
I actually found them more resourceful and open minded than AA.
Do you have a support person yet or is this lovely lady you just met gonna be it?

You’re way on the right track you know.
The only thing your lacking is the self confidence to go it alone.
Thank you so much. I’ve been in and out of the rooms for twelve years with the desire. You should see all my white key tags.
I have quite a few women with multiple women. The lady that blesses me with a shit load of food last night has twenty five years. I’m finally going to surrender and listen to what’s suggested.

I
Thank you so much. I’ve been in and out of the rooms for twelve years with the desire. You should see all my white key tags.
I have quite a few women with multiple women. The lady that blesses me with a shit load of food last night has twenty five years. I’m finally going to surrender and listen to what’s suggested.

That will be one of your best decisions yet.
25 years is incredible!
What a crazy strong lady 😍

So my fella complains about me being on this site. Says it’s a trigger for me. I didn’t know he could tell me what my triggers are.
Does anyone agree or disagree? I happen to find it very interesting!
it may be individually different

the thing is, there's much easier/more drug-addled sites/online phenomena than a message board that requires a lot of reading.

So really, if you knew what I know about the internet, drugs, etc. BIG no.

I would have never gotten off heroin without BL/etc. I'm 100% convinced of it. I would have been a lost cause/waste of space for life.

it may be individually different

the thing is, there's much easier/more drug-addled sites/online phenomena than a message board that requires a lot of reading.

So really, if you knew what I know about the internet, drugs, etc. BIG no.

I would have never gotten off heroin without BL/etc. I'm 100% convinced of it. I would have been a lost cause/waste of space for life.

So agree.
And without BL how would we all know about your fab D?

Thank you. The longest I’ve had over a twelve year period was eight months when I was living in sober living. I’m considering going back.