• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is This Normal From DXM? Can This Be A Substitute for Alcohol?

PsychonautRyan

Bluelighter
Hi, so I'm having a second plateau trip right now on DXM, in spite of the poor motor coordination (though obviously good enough to be typing this) right now, visual distortions and audio hallucinations (I think I'm hearing early Pink Floyd around somewhere), but I'm surprisingly lucid. I took 200 milligrams of phenylpiracetam, a nootropic, earlier in the evening, so that could be it.

Going on a tangent here, I am a relapsing alcoholic, I had several weeks of sobriety beforehand, but as I suffered setbacks, I fully-relapsed, went on a massive bender, and I'm currently taking medications for gastritis, likely induced by heavy drinking, however, even through the worst of it, I was still craving a drink and drinking to off-set the withdrawals, in spite of the vomiting, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal pain I was experiencing at the time. However, right now, the "mental obsession" of wanting a drink, as Dr. Silkworth calls it, has mostly disappeared, and I feel truly elated and serene right now.

So is it possible to have a breakthrough, spiritual experience on DXM at just the second plateau? And can I return to DXM and other psychedelics for recreational/spiritual use?

Though I have not personally tried combining racetams and DXM, based on what I have heard I would have to imagine that it had some effect. I've heard people say before that racetams completely prevented dissociative trips for them. As for DXM itself, in addition to being a dissociative it has a few other mechanisms of action that can have antidepressant or potentially antiaddictive effects as well, so it's not too crazy that you could feel better from using it. And, in this case, maybe the lucidity you got from the phenylpiracetam allowed you to use that boost in an even more fluid mindset, so it became a little more grounded and therapeutic? That would be my best guess anyway.

It's important to remember of course though that DXM itself can be habit-forming and produce withdrawals and long-term consequences when overused. I wouldn't necessarily try to think of it as a "substitute for alcohol"... but in terms of using it like a psychedelic, I don't see why not. Was there a reason you couldn't use them for spiritual use before?