• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is there anything you ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW?

Originally posted by Raving Loony:
"How wood can a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck would?"
700lbs
How Much Wood Could A Woodchuck Chuck?

A fish and wildlife biologist named Richard Thomas was intrigued by the famous woodchuck riddle: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? So he decided to figure out approximately how much soil a woodchuck tosses when digging a burrow. Thomas found that the average woodchuck burrow measures 35 cubic feet, and that 1 cubic foot of soil weighs 20 pounds. So how much wood can a woodchuck chuck?
ft./hole * 20 lbs/cu. ft, or 700 lbs. Tough woodchucker. =P
from here

Last edited:
Here's one that has always perplexed me, why is it necessary to lock down the lid of a coffin? I mean it's not as if you're going to climb out, it wouldn't prevent grave robbers if they really wanted to get in.

I got flamed for this once before, but I still like bringing it up. :p
"Make yourself at home."
Apart from the obvious that the statement is used for, how can you "make yourself"?
Do you disassemble yourself into peices and then reassemble yourself? If that is the case, then how do you do that?
Do you clone yourself and instruct it to disassemble you and then reassemble you? How do you clone yourself in suitable time frame? Even so, could you even trust a clone of yourself with such a task?
Even then you've been instructed to do it "at home" as well. So you've gone to the trouble to visit someone and they have the nerve to say make yourself at home. So now you've got to go home and act out this perplexing task.

Okay.
Kitty, this is NOT the answer, but I think it'd be pretty creepy if like, the coffin tipped over or something when it was being lowered and the body fell out. I'd lock it just to keep it in there till it was buried.

RL, you are aptly named.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another one i ponder is this:
Do motorcyclists get speeding fines?
I would assume that the same rules govern cyclists that do ordinary cars, BUT i have NEVER actually heard of a motorbike getting caught speeding. no joke...
And DONT SAY, 'maybe motorcyclist dont speed'. cos WE ALL know that they do.
How many times have you been overtaken by bike doing 30+ more K's than you are, or been stopped at a light and the bike pulls up IN BETWEEN the two lanes and tears off like shit through a goose when the light goes green.
Anyone here ride a bike?

also.. running in and out of the transom of my mind, and yet to be determined as myth or fact is..
I once heard that a ducks "quack" doesnt echo.
And noone knows why...
To be quite honest, i've not heard anyone dispute it.
I know my physics and lean on the "That Be-eth a Fallacy, Burn That Woman At The Stake!" side.
But still.. any thoughts..?

haven't you noticed that alot of motorbikes rego tags conveniently swing in front of, and coveniently get stuck covering their number plates..........

Kitty, i believe the actual reason is that some corpses die with a breath of air in their lungs, and at some point something within the body (i'm no med student, so i don't really know what) forces that air out of the body. It is at this point that the corpse with sit up, and there with be the sound of air rushing out of their mouth, not disimilar to that of a cough...
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this is it... :)
[ 15 November 2002: Message edited by: *Cosmic Mist* ]

But they are kept in the fridge almost until the time of burial, and once they're buried there's loads of dirt to stop them from sitting up. Don't forget it can be days or weeks until the body is finally laid to rest, surely it would happen then if it's going to happen? And it can’t possibly be something that happens when you move the body do you have any idea how many times you get touched/moved etc after you're dead? I mean they embalm you and you get moved to/from the fridge etc etc etc.
Hmm where's a med student or funeral director when you need them.
[ 15 November 2002: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

^^^ ...well isnt THAT just the BEST advertisment for cremation I've ever seen...

Originally posted by #K9#:
Do motorcyclists get speeding fines?
Yes, we do get fines... like when the bastards hear you screaming around up the middle of twin lanes of traffic and they shortcut through a Bunnings carpark just to slide in behind you without you noticing and nail you for 30+kph over the limit, though you were lucky you they got you when you were still accelerating.
Not that I'd know anything about it or anything.... ;)

You bad bad bad motorcyclist... :)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You go to hell and you daaaie!!
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !!! ! !
Perth Cops.... Tut..tut.. :) :)

People who ride like that deserve to get a fine :(
Now I know it proably has something to do with pressure systems or some such thing but I'd like to know how come my knee always aches when it's going to rain?

firstly i'd like to thank all for the information here, especially the sneezing. i too am a sun sneezer, and find it most useful, occasionally invigorating, but at this stage not orgasmic (does 8 sneezes really equal an orgasm?).
secondly, i am a little disappointed at the lack of imagination taken to make a malteaser also. i was at least hoping for something along the lines of the melbourne central shot tower...
finally, can anybody tell me what is beyond the end of the universe? it is commonly stated the the universe is still expanding, but theoretically speaking, if was was able drive to the "boundary" of the universe could i keep driving?
thx.

OK, NRG, I think the song with the train is Touched by Vast.
The thing about corpses sitting up is actually when they're cremated, different parts of the body contract at different speeds, causing the body to sit up.
K9, ducks quacks, indeed, do not echo.
Keep em coming.

Global: there is a common theory that it universe is in fact curved. Following this, if you were at the end of the universe and kept driving, you'd arrive back at the beginning.