Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Is there an Analogue Act in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwest

Bluelighter
I have looked around for a while (although I am admittedly not fluent in legal or chemistry terminology) but I haven't found any sort of Analog act for Canada.

It seems like there is conflicting data.. some government sites state that they need to make more research chemicals illegal while other sites say all "legal highs" and "designer drugs" are illegal, which is silly, because legal highs range from herbs to super potent opiates and everything in between. Does this mean nutmeg is illegal? gasoline? Where is the line drawn?

But at the same time they are scheduling certain drugs and law enforcement is treating samples (of all sorts of drugs: herbal, pure chemicals, pills, tabs etc.) that do not contain those chemicals as supplements. Most articles even from government sites made no mention of research chemicals or other "legal highs". So why would they schedule some drugs if all "legal highs" are in fact illegal? And why go so far as adding so many salts esters and other variations of common drugs to the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act if we did have an Analog Act? Some recently scheduled drugs include methylone, mephedrone and MDPV, which would all be illegal already if we had a functional Analog Act. One section even specifically excludes LSA from scheduling!

if anyone has any extra information I would be happy to hear it, whether it be from a political, chemical, legal or international viewpoint.

where I got some of my information

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2013/35939a-eng.php

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what-are-bath-salts-a-look-at-canada-s-newest-illegal-drug-1.1143407

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/SEN/Committee/362/ille/rep/rep-nov98-e.htm

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_and_Drug_Act

and a couple doctors, police and a lawyer.

Don't listen to health Canada their a bunch of emotional cocksucks they recently tried to "ban" almost all research chemicals ever produced. They don't make the laws and what they say does not count for shit you wont get legal trouble from their banned substances. Only thing that matters is CDSA controlled drugs and substance act. They do not ban analogues related compounds ect. It says beside the banned chemical something along the lines of "including all salts" sometimes I think they include esters I think?

As 34tuforlunch said, any statements that Health Canada makes do not mean anything. I can vouch for this, as I was charged with trafficking a number of legal designer drugs, including a couple that Health Canada deemed illegal, but the charges were all dropped.

However, there ARE some analogue laws within Canadian drug law. For the following drugs, there are blanket bans on all analogues:

- phenylpiperidine (covers a range of drugs, from MPPP to Paxil)
- PCP (covers ketamine and ketamine analogues such as methoxetamine)
- fentanyl
- MDPV
- methamphetamine
- amphetamine (covers MDMA and all the psychedelic amphetamines)

Methylone and mephedrone have NOT been scheduled and are still available legally in Canada.

The controlled drugs and substances act shedule 1 drugs say things like
"their intermediates, salts, derivatives and analogues and salts of intermediates, derivatives and analogues"

I take that to mean if its related to shedule 1 its illegal. This why MXE is banned even though its not on the list. All the meo-pcp drugs are also banned because PCP is in shedule 1. DOx class drugs are all banned because DOM is shedule one. MDPV is simlar to speed but i dont think its directly related chemically.

"while other sites say all "legal highs" and "designer drugs" are illegal,"

In a way that is true. Drugs may not be banned but i can't start selling say my anti hair loss drug at a stand on the side of the road. Health Canada is supposed to approve every drug. It's not banned, you won't go to to jail, it's not approved though either, you could get fined.

What i want to know is if
"Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) (N,N–diethyllysergamide) and any salt thereof"
means AL-LAD and LSZ are banned?
It is hard to find out what is banned as there is no "legal" list. Sometimes they bust you when its legal and let the courts sort it out. There are mistakes in the list of chemical names too. Canada's laws are confusing at best. If you get caught with white powder in a bag by some donut eater you will probably have to prove your innocence...

What i want to know is if
"Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) (N,N–diethyllysergamide) and any salt thereof"
means AL-LAD and LSZ are banned?

No, different salts would be LSD hydrochloride and LSD citrate, for example. You don't have to worry about AL-LAD and LSZ.

If you get caught with white powder in a bag by some donut eater you will probably have to prove your innocence...

Speaking from experience, that's not the case. They will analyze the drugs, send back the certificate, and if it's not a scheduled drug, the charge will be dropped.

Sucks if you didn't get bail though, because they take their sweet time.

One thing that is a complete mystery is "derivatives." What in the fuck is a derivative? No one knows! There's no legal definition!

Status
Not open for further replies.