• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Is there a test that differentiates between MDMA and PMA?

topbean

Greenlighter
I'm looking for a test that will tell me if my pill contains both MDMA and PMA.

Robadope reacts to PMA but not to MDMA so in theory it shouldn't react to a pure MDMA pill but if it's a mixture of MDMA and PMA it should react to the PMA. It's quite an insensitive test unfortunately so there's no guarantee it will pick up on the PMA. Also it doesn't react to PMMA so that's going to remain a problem. Simons reacts to PMMA but it has the same reaction colour for MDMA so it's quite useless to identify an MDMA/PMMA mixture with. Mecke can also detect PMMA but unfortunately it turns a very dark colour for MDMA so that will likely overpower the PMMA colour (green). The best thing you can do is test with a full testkit (marquis, mandelin, mecke, simons and robadope) and look very closely for any abnormalities on all the tests. That still won't give you certainty, only a lab test will, but it's a whole lot better than not testing at all or testing with only one reagent

Look here for a summary of reaction colours to get an idea of why using a full testkit is important. The combination of colours you get on all tests together will tell you much more than one colour on a single test will

Last edited: