• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is taking a xanax every now and then any worse than how people take phenibut semi reg

I would say that I am not addictive person but just the spector of addiction with benzoes is scary.

Maybe best not to bother. I have spoken to several weekend warriors though who take it on a weekend to no ill effect so it seems it is not an outrageous thing to do for some.

I would just love to find something generally on par with kratom but in the gabaergic class but kratom seems to stand apart in its safety and good effects with little risk.

I tried the other herbals purported to give kratom a run for its money and either they didn't come close or producted undesirable effects. mulungu i am disgusted by. That is one of the worst sedatives I have ever tried. It leaves a lingering buzzing stimulated feeling and one of the worst for shutting off the mind I ever tried. Kava feels good but produced annoying mucous for like 24 hours after I would take it. Indian warrior- rubbish (thought I felt a little something once but then nothing serveral times after), plus no research on it or regualar history in terms of human use makes me not comfortable to add that as a regular.

Baclofen was a good candidate and the positive effect felt just like what I was after but came with an unacceptable body load.

I would be more worried about taking the Xans daily than the Phenibut. I always hear horror stories about Phenibut withdrawal, but as someone who has taken massive doses of the shit in both forms, FAA and HCL, I feel like it's lightweight compared to Xanax. I never experienced any type of withdrawal symptoms whatsoever, and mg for mg, I guarantee you alprazolam has a more potent, addictive CNS depressant profile.

I've been dependent on Klonopin for over a decade yet I stopped for 9 months at one point and had zero withdrawal and i don't know why.

When I abstain nothing bad really happens either.

I'm sure it's not great and has dangers, but I for some reason I'm very unconcerned about them.

But i'd NEVER take Phenibut or F-Phenibut on even a semi-regular basis, only once or twice a week.

I think the dangers of Phenibut addiction FAR outweigh those of Klonopin, but Xanax is different and I can't speak for that since I've never used Xanax before.

That's only in your experience bro. Everyone I know that has been through klonopin withdrawal says it is absolute hell and lasts a looooong time. If you don't experience klonopin withdrawal you probably wouldn't experience Xanax withdrawal either. I heard there are people out there that do not go through benzodiazepine withdrawal although they are EXREMELY rare. Phenibut addiction is fucking rough but I don't think it's as dangerous as phenibut.
Interesting that you struggle with phenibut withdrawal but not benzo.

OP doesn't need to worry about Xanax withdrawal if he only takes it one a week in my opinion.

That's only in your experience bro. Everyone I know that has been through klonopin withdrawal says it is absolute hell and lasts a looooong time. If you don't experience klonopin withdrawal you probably wouldn't experience Xanax withdrawal either. I heard there are people out there that do not go through benzodiazepine withdrawal although they are EXREMELY rare. Phenibut addiction is fucking rough but I don't think it's as dangerous as phenibut.
Interesting that you struggle with phenibut withdrawal but not benzo.

OP doesn't need to worry about Xanax withdrawal if he only takes it one a week in my opinion.

I know I got lucky and i'm really not sure why but I don't think I'm immune or anything.

I think Klonopin addiction is better than Xanax addiction in the sense of the long half life means you don't have to redose as often but I'm also on a very low dose.

Someday I hope to get off it but I don't use it for recreation and only medicinally for anxiety but I've always wondered how Xanax felt though I've never tried it.

I never had Phenibut WD so I don't know if you mean me or someone else, but I personally was saying that even though I regularly use Klonopin I only use Phenibut and/or F-Phenibut twice a week MAX for fear of addiction and I think it would be WAY worse to use that stuff regularly than Klonopin but I can't speak for Xanax.

I hope when I eventually try to get off I don't have problems but I'd get professional help for it if necessary.

I guess there are two concerns here:

severity of withdrawal if dependent which seems horrific for whatever in this class of drugs and addiction potential. Mostly the consensus seems to be phenibut has less potential than benzoes for abuse but benzoes are alot stronger/higher ceiling for abuse- or maybe worded better they both are about the same euphoria wise it is just that those that are of an abuser disposition just can't so much with phenibut simple cos it isn't as strong. I am not concerned about the ceiling since I am not out to get high, rather looking for a reliable anxiolytic/sedative so I could use tactically in certain situations.

Baclofen I came to feel ok about since nearly everything I read said it is anti addictive and only very rare cases of people trying to get high off it. I am interested by F-phenibut in this regard since the adding of a flourine to regular amph for 2-fa made that much tamer and easier on the body so I wonder if the same is true for f-phen from baclofen. I still would prefer a well tested route but if the untested route seemed very compelling it might be worth a shot carefully. For instance 2-fa felt so clean on the body that I felt comfortable taking that. Granted I was less of a hypochondriac when I tried it in 2011 or so and probably wouldn't do so again today so readily.

Look at shulgin he didn't seem to give a shit and tried hundreds and hundreds of chems no1 had ever taken before. I guess he had some notion that he was doing something noble so come what may in the name of science. Not that he should be taken as a role model necessarily.

Last edited:
I guess there are two concerns here:

severity of withdrawal if dependent which seems horrific for whatever in this class of drugs and addiction potential. Mostly the consensus seems to be phenibut has less potential than benzoes for abuse but benzoes are alot stronger/higher ceiling for abuse- or maybe worded better they both are about the same euphoria wise it is just that those that are of an abuser disposition just can't so much with phenibut simple cos it isn't as strong. I am not concerned about the ceiling since I am not out to get high, rather looking for a reliable anxiolytic/sedative so I could use tactically in certain situations.

Baclofen I came to feel ok about since nearly everything I read said it is anti addictive and only very rare cases of people trying to get high off it. I am interested by F-phenibut in this regard since the adding of a flourine to regular amph for 2-fa made that much tamer and easier on the body so I wonder if the same is true for f-phen from baclofen. I still would prefer a well tested route but if the untested route seemed very compelling it might be worth a shot carefully. For instance 2-fa felt so clean on the body that I felt comfortable taking that. Granted I was less of a hypochondriac when I tried it in 2011 or so and probably wouldn't do so again today so readily.

Look at shulgin he didn't seem to give a shit and tried hundreds and hundreds of chems no1 had ever taken before. I guess he had some notion that he was doing something noble so come what may in the name of science. Not that he should be taken as a role model necessarily.

I feel the EXACT opposite way about F-Phenibut, Phenibut and benzos than you are saying: I have NEVER been able to get high off Klonopin and it only relaxes me and helps with my anxiety whereas I get SKY HIGH from F-Phenibut and Phenibut and I think the Phenibuts have WAY more potential for abuse (at least for me) than Klonopin.

Now mind you I have never taken Xanax and that is different, but I have also used Lorazapam/Ativan and that felt the same as Klonopin, so in comparing those 2 with the Phenibuts I think I'd be WAY more concerned with Phenibut addiction and that Phenibut is great for getting high but Klonopin doesn't get me high and only helps me.

And as for Baclofen, I've never used it, but I have heard it has LOTS of addictive effects and is often used for getting high.

So you really enjoyed 2-FA?

I've never used it and thought it might make my heart race too bad but if you liked it maybe I'll give it a shot.

Did it not make you more anxious or make your heart race out of control?

And how does it compare to other stimulants like Dexadrine/Adderall if you have ever taken them?

If I have taken many kinds of drugs including addictive ones like speed quite a bit and even smoked crack a couple times and mdpv for a day not to forget cocaine and never ever (except perhaps a freeting thought) did I think 'I want to take this drug every day' then is it safe to say I would not have any reason to think I would be inclined to take xanax every day? I just have a natural thing in my mind where it feels 'wrong' to take anything more than one day in a row.

That's why I think xanax would be more suited to my tastes as I hated the long duration of diazepam and would just like something effective for acute situations which would wear off quickly.

Even when I had that gram of diazepam powder and didn't know anything about withdrawals I only took it sparingly. I did take that a couple of days in a row once or twice but only because of mdma comedown, not cos I enjoyed taking it, but even then I hated feeling 'zonked' out through the day -I was unaware of half lives then and how they would be cumulative due to the long half life of diazepam- so didn't do it again and ended up throwing it away.

Xanax should not be any issue given my previous history?

Ie it would have to be taken consecutively for like a week non stop to develop any kind of dependence? Something which I have never done in my history of drug use.

I was thinking I would not make it a regular thing but it might feel nice to have it 'in stock' for 'prn' use as they say. My dad had a script for diazepam for several years till his old doctor retired and the new one refused to give it to him and he would only use it now and then. It was for panic he would get when he would go to town centre and he is an elderly gentleman.

It's that ol' fear of the unknown that gets me before trying a new drug :).

Last edited:
2-fa is no longer available so it is moot but if you read around it was widely regarded as the cleanest stim there is and had a distinct anti-anxiety effect. All the positives of regular amph without the tweakyness and super smooth on the body. Heart rate would barely change at all. I have never tried dex- though quite a bit of street speed many years ago which was horrendous on the body and comedown wise- as it is not really around in the UK but I would like to one day as people said it was closest to that but but more easygoing since it was less strong. It was the perfect stimulant high for me and lasted the perfect time for me of just a couple hours. Would be interested to see what dex is like to compare; which has the benefit of being a well tested and studied pharmaceutical.

So you really enjoyed 2-FA?

I've never used it and thought it might make my heart race too bad but if you liked it maybe I'll give it a shot.

Did it not make you more anxious or make your heart race out of control?

And how does it compare to other stimulants like Dexadrine/Adderall if you have ever taken them?

Last edited: