• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

is shooting suboxone strips safe

longtip77

Greenlighter
Been shooting suboxone strips for about 6 months but been taking it for about 8 years I don't filter it just add water dissolve draw up and shoot this is how I was taught everybody from where im from this is how they do it just wondering how the correct way would be am I doing it right?

It is very unsafe if you don't filter it. For the sake of your health i would suggest you stop shooting subs immediately or face serious longterm harm.
If you are going to do this, using a micron filter is a must.
The search engine will bring up stacks of information on micron filters if you dont know about them.

OH MY LORD.

I was about to say, these should not be IV'd unless you have a micron filter and even then you should just avoid them like the plague as far as IV use goes. And then I come in and see you are not filtering THROUGH ANYTHING!?!? There has been quite a few people I know PERSONALLY that have lost partial use of their arms or their actual arms due do shooting these USING cottons.

Even if those acute effects have not happened yet, depending on how long you have been doing this you may have a ticking time bomb sitting inside you body waiting to go off and kill you instantly in the form a pulmonary embolism. Do you know what that is? It is when the accumulated filth from all the strips you have been shooting forms a blockage in your veins. It sits their and grows, and grows, and grows. Until eventually one day, could be after you have quit drug use for good, it dislodges. When this happens it finds it's way into and artery in your lungs, and you die.

I hope you have been praying because this might be a life or death one.

Last edited:
Dude did you not read my post I said this is how I WAS TAUGHT I'm not teaching anybody anything but like I said everybody from here this is how they do it unless it's a pill then they will use cotten

Dude did you not read my post I said this is how I WAS TAUGHT I'm not teaching anybody anything but like I said everybody from here this is how they do it unless it's a pill then they will use cotten

Like I said I read that at 0600 first thing out of bed, I must have missed the word "was." Either way please stop it now, how long have you been doing this? In that case thank goodness you had the sense to go online and do a little research and post here. Please tell all of your friends to stop immediately!

I have been doing this a couple months but I have a friend who has been doing this for at least 1 or 2 years everyday but still complains of no problems I don't understand

I have been doing this a couple months but I have a friend who has been doing this for at least 1 or 2 years everyday but still complains of no problems I don't understand

Like I said, pulmonary embolisms are ticking time bombs, they can take a long time to build up in your veins, but they do, and when dislodged (this could be 5 years it could be 20 years) it will travel to the lungs and kill you. You have to filter everything, at the very least with cotton, but out of all the versions of bupe, strips are the most dangerous type to shoot. They have so many different soluble binders and fillers in order to make the strips that they can be very dangerous and Does your friend have any hard veins yet?

It's safer with multiple filterations through cotton. It's safe with a micron filter. All my veins are okay right now, I usually just filter once cuz I'm a dumbass, I would get will-filters but, I would have to get them deleivered to my house with my parents,sigh. But, really, filter those bitches once atleast(mine come back clear as water and I use 1mg) Please don't say you've been doing 4mg with no filter. I'm thinking of Switching to methadone cuz of this though I don't wanna shoot my whole life, subs of all things, and go on vacations...but I'm so excited about this next vaycay, gimmie some rushes!

In a word NO. It is not safe at all. It's also not worth it in the slightest if you have a opiate addiction. I could see how opiate naive people would get a good high from IV bupe but if your on maintenance or have any sorta habit it's completely not worth it.

I do have a habit and I do still get a good high from bupe I have done 4 mg without filtering at the most probably 6 mg and yes my friend does have hard veins but he's been a shooter since about12 when the oc 80s was around but I have one or so hard vein myself

I just worry about filtering strips because there so thick wouldn't I lose most of it and if it's clear when I pull back from cotton will I still get a good buzz like normally?

Longtip77, you need to learn very quickly, that this is first and foremost a HARM REDUCTION SITE. For some nice reason, people on here actually care enough to warn you. We constantly learn from each other. When we get a new bit of information, we share. So if you or anybody asks a question and 10 people jump on you about how you are doing something and if it's right or wrong, you should probably take it into consideration. You want to play, go to another website. We ARE harm reduction. We would like to see you live and help others out.

Now take the important information you have learned today, and share it with your friends. Take it to heart. Nobody wants you to die over dumb shit that's avoidable.
Be safe

Speed King

Well for one no shit I know what this site stands for and that's one reason I joined it but if I ask a question I want the question answered I understand that it's bad.not to filter and i just asked 2 questions and instead of answering them you told me shit that has already been answered for me

Well for one no shit I know what this site stands for and that's one reason I joined it but if I ask a question I want the question answered I understand that it's bad.not to filter and i just asked 2 questions and instead of answering them you told me shit that has already been answered for me

You asked if it was safe. We told you it wasn't. You still seemed set on doing it so a member told you to use a micron filter to minimize the harm from shooting it. You refuse to get those so basically this thread was pointless. You disregarded our advice that it is not safe. Then you disregarded the info given on how to make this dangerous procedure somewhat safer. Then you got mad at the dude for pointing this out to you. Sorry the truth was not what you wanted it to be.

Omfg I know that it's not safe not filtering I have no way to order them nobody knows I shoot up so that leaves me to the question of what is the safest way to do it without micron filters cotten?

Have you ever tried using the strips as intended?

Without the micron filter it really is just instant death waiting to happen. Even with them it's not something you want to do long term.