Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is LSZ legal in Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightygauss

Greenlighter
Hi,
I am new to the forum and I briefly read the rules, however if I am breaching any rules here please remove my thread and I will know next time not to ask questions like this.

Is LSZ legal in Australia? I have been trying to discover this and I could find anything 100%, I found a list of banned substances and it stated anything that contains or is similar to the lysergic acid substance is illegal.. however I read somewhere LSZ has absolutely nothing to do with LSD so yeah. If anyone could let me know, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Australia's analogue act is so broad that sugar pills can be deemed illegal.

LSZ, AL-LAD, and any other analogue of a prohibited drug is certainly illegal.

Also, BL is here for harm reduction not tips on acquiring drugs, and in the name of HR I suggest you obtain your drugs locally instead of going for RCs online (importation is a lot more serious than possession)

Australia's analogue act is so broad that sugar pills can be deemed illegal.

LSZ, AL-LAD, and any other analogue of a prohibited drug is certainly illegal.

Also, BL is here for harm reduction not tips on acquiring drugs, and in the name of HR I suggest you obtain your drugs locally instead of going for RCs online (importation is a lot more serious than possession)

Trust me, I've tried getting stuff locally, but I've been burnt many times, also I read this here: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/m...es-compliance-prohibited-impexp-precursor.htm

and I couldn't find anything stating that: 2,4-dimethylazetidide was illegal so technically doesn't it leave it in a grey area?

I cbf looking but if you search the TGA or even BL you'll see they made changes that not only any future analogue, but any substance SAID to mimic the effects of a prohibited substance is illegal, though I've seen no examples of prosecution for violating such law.
They did this in 11-13 afaik, though I am unsure.

If you can't find acid and you're not savvy enough to spot all the mushrooms popping up now that it's winter, all I can say is LSZ does fall under our analogue act. Whether you want to take the risk to get it is out of my control.

The legal proof shouldn't be too hard to find, but idc enough to get it for you.

A good rule of thumb for Australia is, if its a non prescription drug and it alters your state of mind, its probably illegal

^ I don't disagree with this, but find the verdict in this recent case quite interesting, and I wonder if there are any precedents of note being set here?
I mean, the prosecution suggested charges be dropped. On a supply case. Interesting, but a bit OT.

Having said that, illegal drugs and restricted imports are not the same thing...but I don't think the Australian analogue legislation is looking as universally applicable in the courts as some of us assume.

That aside,we can't give you legal advice on bluelight.
Well, people might - but it's not genuine legal advice....

Best to err on the side of caution if you have any doubts IMO.

The Australian law is very complex as there is both state and federal law. The above case involved state law and the charges were laid prior to the changes made to the NSW’s Drugs Misuse & Trafficking Act that outlaws any psychoactive chemical (excluding food, alcohol, etc.). Had he been charged under the current Act, he probably would have been convicted (though if he wasn’t then that would set a precedent – I’m not sure how successful the prosecution has been convicting people under the Act since the changes were made to it). However, had the defendant been charged under federal law, then the Criminal Code would apply, which also contains its own analogues clause – which I think is similar to the old NSW analogues clause. For the criminal code to be applied, generally the arrest needs to occur in a federal jurisdiction (e.g., airport, university, customs – such as via international mail, etc.) and needs to involve federal officers (e.g., AFP). As such, importation charges will almost certainly be under the Criminal Code, whereas possession will be under state law – unless arrested in a federal jurisdiction…

That case you linked is very interesting Spacejunk.

That being said, I would agree with this:
mister said:
A good rule of thumb for Australia is, if its a non prescription drug and it alters your state of mind, its probably illegal

There's a lot of good info in this thread. I think your question has been answered as definitively as possible, and because of that, I'm going to close this thread. Under the analogue laws this drug could be deemed illegal if someone wanted it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.