• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it true eating weed>smoking weed?

The Winner!!

Bluelighter
I've heard that eating weed gives longer and much stronger and different high than smoking weed, could anyone maybe try to explain to me the differences? and is it even worth all the baking and preperations and whatever

Is it more psychedelic than smokin a strong sativa? also do you think you could teach me how to efficiently use my marijuana for eating? i know that its like soluble in fat and i gotta use butter or something

I smoke around 1.5g per day for back/neck pain and insomnia, along with a cookie or cup of hot cocoa, usually containing 2 tsp of cannabutter. In my experience the high from eating it has a slower onset, is much more sedative and visual than smoking, and tends to last for about 4-6 hours. I often drink cocoa because a hot liquid is a particularly effective delivery system, giving a faster onset and more noticable effects. Eating a cookie/brownie or drinking a cup of cannacocoa also makes your smoke sessions go a lot farther.

My understanding is that the THC is essencially freed from its base by the liver and converted into a more potant psychoactive (anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong). So, eating it actually gets you higher. However, you may not notice the high at first, the same way some people dont' get high at first from smoking it. Your first few times consuming edibles you will probably A: Get high as a kite, then pass out, or B: Feel nothing, then pass out. In general, start with a small dose and work your way up until you find your comfort level.

Cannabutter:
To make cannabutter, I generally use 1/2-1 1/2 oz of bud, stem, vaporized bud, trim, shake, kief, hash, or any other bits and pieces I have sitting around in jars. I add the ganja to 4 sticks of butter in a double broiler (pyrex bowl sitting on top of a pot of boiling water). Let the better melt and the mixture simmer for a few hours. This WILL STINK. Have air freshener handy if you are worried. Finally, once the plant matter turns brown or black and the butter is DARK green strain off the plant matter through a coffee filter (I use a reusable one) into a glass jar. Cap it and put it in the fridge. Add one to two teaspoons to instant cocoa or use in any recipe.

Last edited:
alright, think anyone could hook me up with a recipe for like weed:butter ratio and whatever else and how much is too much for a cookie or somethin. my friend eats pot cookies sometimes and he told me the high is fabilous and lasts really long. like, you know when you smoke weed and something or all the time you get the choppy motion of everything and shit, what is it like if you get high from eating? thanks

Hey kids, here's something else fun you can do at home!

Hardware:
Fancy liquor decantor (or some other glass container)
Coffee filter (reusable ones are good)

Software:
booze (higher the proof the better, also aim for something that tastes good. I've heard grand marnier is good, but I can personally attest to good results with Anejo premium tequilla (Milagro or Correllejo brands are my favorites) or mezcal.
1/2 - 1oz bud

Break up your bud and put it in the decanter. Add as much alcohol as you want. The more you add, the more dilute your final product. Stick it somewhere cool and dark for about a month. Shake the bottle every now and then. Filter the liquid once it has taken on a greenish tinge. Rebottle the liquid in a decanter, bottle, or jar.

The resulting tincture can be added to ANYTHING or used to make things like lollypops or hardcandies. Or, you can just drop an eye-dropper full right under your tongue. Start your dose at around 1ml and work your way up.

Never tried eating it, always kind of wanted to but in the end concluded that the shit is meant to be smoked. So smoke it I did.

It really depends on your preference. I personally don't like eating marijuana. The effects are too intense, and a lot of the subtler nicer effects are really lacking. The body load can make me feel handicapped. Sure it lasts all day. But I don't find I get any more out of it than I would in a shorter but sweeter and more nuanced high, as when I smoke a pipe.

^that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I'd be interested in trying to simply eat less weed at a time though. I find it's difficult to measure exact doses, and it takes so freaking long to hit me so I almost always end up eating too much and getting ridiculously couch-locked.

Its a much slower, but LONGER high. But it can take a bit. I had to laugh at the reaction I got from friends last night. They had been rolling some and there was some still on the table so I naturally I just picked it up and ate it. I can kinda tell quality that way too. lol They were like ewww, doesn't bother me. I had brownies where my friend was too lazy too do butter so he just dumped it in there stems and seeds and all. Stems are easy to get stuck and almost choke on. I don't think that lil bit last night did anything at all though, worth a try I suppose.

^ Just eating weed straight up doesn't work. It needs to be cooked into oil or alcohol.

Well I know it worked for me. And I've been stoned from smoking it.. idk what to tell you. I guess that isn't the first time someone called bullshit on that one....anyone else actually done it?

It really depends on your preference. I personally don't like eating marijuana. The effects are too intense, and a lot of the subtler nicer effects are really lacking. The body load can make me feel handicapped. Sure it lasts all day. But I don't find I get any more out of it than I would in a shorter but sweeter and more nuanced high, as when I smoke a pipe.

+1 to you and toa$t.

I don't like how when you eat herb it's way too easy to eat too much and it's not fun when you eat so much that you get confused and can't move or you'll lie there and get the spins or feel so physically exhausted that you're going to pass out but you can't sleep when you try to.

Also you don't know until it's too late if you ate too little or too much and it's not as easy to gauge how strong/weak it will be unlike if you smoke it.

Like someone else wrote, there's basically no way to hide when you've eaten herb because you will look fucking blazed and Visine/clear eyes don't work (at least they didn't for me YMMV), and I know some people can/do drive after smoking but I wouldn't step foot in a vehicle to drive after eating bud.

I'd only eat schwag/mids since if you eat say a gram of kind bud you're eating enough herb that would get yourself and other people high multiple times and most people aren't made of money.

I do think it's something that you should try though.

It got me insanely high but just in a different way and I've gotten a lot more stoned from smoking but when I smoke I can get CEVs and even OEVs if I'm lucky along with other psychedelic properties.

Winner-When I ate it I just made Cheese and crackers/Leary biscuits where you just put bud on a cracker and then melt some cheddar cheese on top of the herb and eat it. IME it doesn't smell like herb at all when you make it.

I've never tried firecrackers or the peanutbutter crackers that people make in ovens/toaster ovens but I've heard they work well.

yeah, you can get high eating mj straight up, but there are much better ways

Hey if I put some bud and stems into a glass of whole milk and microwave it, strain it of the plant matter then make hot cocoa with it will I get high?

If you want to make cocoa, I suggest make cannabutter or tincture and use that. Just microwaving milk with bud in it will probably work, but cannabutter and tincture store well and make it real easy to make a dose whenever you feel like it.I add about 1-2 tsp of cannabutter, or 2-4ml tincture when I make hot cocoa and it is delicious. Here's my prep method:

Place instant hot cocoa in the bottom of a cup and put water on to boil. Add cannabutter and enough milk to cover the powder to cup and stir. It should come together into chocolate syrup with a chunk of butter floating in it. Add a little boiling water and stir until butter dissolves. Add hot water to fill the cup and enjoy.