• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is it safe ?

doubleheadedeagle

Bluelighter
Can I take 450mg of codeine ?

So I am an opioid naive and am starting to get into the community of opioids, I have done in the past raw opium , poppy tea, methadone and codeine. And I did not have really any extraordinary good effects.
I smoked raw opium like 5 years ago, it was nice it had little to no euphoria, a warm feeling and it was nice in general, I think this is what should it feel.
I drank something like 10 drops of methadone,a heroin addict told me that I should do more and it did nothing at all, not even the warm feeling.
I drank poppy tea this summer, it was nice(I can say only that), little bit different from opium but that's another topic.
I started using codeine since this september, first I started with tablets that contained paracetamol in them so I did a CWE and I think I lost most of the codeine, that time i think i did something less than 120 mg. I felt nothing at all, not the slightest effect.
The next time was also in september I did an extraction of 40 tablets containing 10 mg codeine and 50 mg caffeine each(yes, 50 mg caffeine), I felt the most incredible and awesome feeling I had ever felt, but it only lasted like 10 minutes and than I was left with the whole night of awful anxiety, insomnia and restlessness from the caffeine overdose.
Now recently I have got pure codeine phosphate tablets containing 15 mg each tablet. I used 15 of them early this friday, and feel good for almost 3 hours.
I took the same dose 12 hours later and felt nothing at all. The next day I had some mild withdrawals sweating like a pig, head ache, muscle aches and no appetite.
Today two day later I have got 60 tablets of those, and I am thinking of taking half or more of them, but I am kinda worried about that as I think I have low tolerance, or isn't it low anymore?

Can I take 450 mg?
And if the effects aren't desirable how can I re-dose?

you could do it and very likely be safe, but there's reasons why you should not.
Codeine has a ceiling effect around 300-400mg meaning you wouldn't get much effect after exceeding the dose. Also a HUGE heistsamine release, witch will result in terrible itching. I can usally deal with opiate itch but codeine left me scratching till I got my hands on some Benadryl.
Dose around 200mg possibly 250mg, trust me it can get over whelming.
I hope you know about opiate addiction and how it can fuck your life up so be careful.
The golden rule on this site is "you can always take more, but can never take less"

The ceiling dose has become rhetoric over the last few years, even in the face of increased consensus that it is not only Morphine responsible for the Mu agonism, but C6-G, the conjugate secondary product of Codeine metabolism.
And the notion that the ceiling sits at 300-400mg has always confused me given my reaction scales linearly with dose until roughly 800mg, above that and, as above, the histamine release isn't worth the negligible effect provided by upping the dose.

The reason you cannot seem to get high on consecutive days is likely due to Codeine acting as an inhibitor of the very enzyme that metabolises it, thus it is pointless to consume doses separately as opposed to one single larger dose.
250-300mg will be enough to demonstrate everything Codeine can offer, though I must say if you have experience with various Opioids without finding them pleasurable, the only thing desperately attempting to gain recreational effects will achieve is risking dependency.

450mg likely won't kill you, but I would certainly suggest an anti-histamine.
For future reference; it is impossible for two doses of Codeine to induce physiological withdrawal upon cessation, it takes a surprising amount of effort to consciously downregulate one's receptors, but the issue lies in that you won't even know it's happened until you're dry retching in a public bathroom thinking you've had "the flu" 4 times already this year.

Stay safe.
<3

Can this lack of euphoria be due to me using Seroquel ?

Now I am having a problem, I took first 450mg than another 150mg and then 90 mg, in total 690 mg codeine phosphate, it is crazy as how little tolerance I have, but somehow I got carried away by thinking that it would be enough if I would take more, I had a feeling that it wasn't quite right so I took more.
Now I am having like a panic attack, I won't let myself breath automatically as I think that I am not breathing enough, I am lightheaded and my hands are numb, my lips and my fingers are not blue by the way, but my eyes tried to roll 2 or 3 times, I am a little bit scared.
My heartbeat and pulse was very fast too when it started. As soon as I noticed those effects I stopped my rest and became alert, so is it dangerous to overdose when you are wide awake and alert?

Last edited:
jesus christ, you really should be more careful DHE. wasnt it you that had to be told 100 times to go to hospital when you took 15g of paracetamol at once a few months ago?

everyone said you probably shouldnt do 450mg, so then you go and take 700mg and then ask us what's up on here. for fucks sake man.

if you're alert you'll probably be okay, but this is approaching a fatal dose if you have no tolerance. get someone to watch you and tell them what you've taken so they can tell paramedics if you lose consciousness.

seriously, you should stop taking drugs if you're going to be this reckless. i sincerely hope you're okay, but my god are you irritating.

For future reference; it is impossible for two doses of Codeine to induce physiological withdrawal upon cessation, it takes a surprising amount of effort to consciously downregulate one's receptors, but the issue lies in that you won't even know it's happened until you're dry retching in a public bathroom thinking you've had "the flu" 4 times already this year.

Stay safe.
<3

This quote deserves a "Bluelight Golden Quote" award.

If I had a dollar for every post I read about someone who has taken Vicodin twice or codeine for a week, or oxycodone 5 times this month and wants to tell us about their "withdrawal"...well, I would be rich.

I always want to explain it, and then I get tired of doing so, but this quote--this is beautiful. If I had a giant Like button, I would Like it a thousand times. ;)

OP: regarding your triple dosing, see Sprout on Smack's post explaining why multiple doses of codeine is pointless. He explained it very well...

If I had a dollar for every post I read about someone who has taken Vicodin twice or codeine for a week, or oxycodone 5 times this month and wants to tell us about their "withdrawal"...well, I would be rich.

I had a flu for several days before doing codeine and I started to get better when I took them, but the next day the flu symptoms were much more intense and I sweated that's maybe why I had those withdrawal symptoms. I know that it is impossible for the opioid receptors to up regulate from 2 doses. :|

I am fine, but lost some awesome nodding from my paranoia of overdose. I think that opiates just aren't for me and I should never take them.

i honestly dont know if any drugs are for you. you really need to read up on what youre putting into your body. youve almost killed yourself twice in a very short space of time.

There is a ceiling around 400mgs. It's different for everyone, more or less. Basically why do u even take opiates? If u don't get a good lasting high then u should consider urself lucky af!

But if ur hell bent on feeling high on opiates then maybe look for some oxycodone or hydrocodone. Take like 25mgs and u will most definetly be feeling right.

Last edited:
If he's on Seroquel he will not get the desired effects. It will prevent him from getting euphoria and makes the whole thing more dangerous.

All the shit about the ceiling effects/enzymes and whatnot is relevant but I'd also had the infamous same-day opioid hangover tolerance

When you've taken an opioid earlier in the day, and are presently coming down from it, you will almost NEVER feel your second dose, even at levels nearly twice as high as your original dose (not saying you should triple your dose but instead just wait until the next day)

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't seroquel only effect dopamine while in the blood stream. If he wasn't on it during his codeine adventure I don't think it would really make a difference.

You totally went against our advise man, it doesn't seem opaites are for you. I think it's best for you to move on.

I take seroquel daily. The last time i took dhc i took seroquel the day before and euphoria was definitely much less than usual.

@dirzted - i can agree and disagree with the getting high 2 times in a day theory. If you are addicted and have a tolerance then the second dose will most likely not get you "high", even if you double it. I am now not "addicted" to opiates - but i do use. on days i do get high i use once in the morning/afternoon and then again late evening. I always take more late evening - and i 100% get high and even higher than i was on the first dose.
ALSO Not trying to nit pick but u said to just use the next day instead of twice in the day... IMO you shouldnt tell someone who isnt already presently physically addicted to opiates to do that. thats how you get hooked. its better to use 100mgs in one day than to use 50mgs for 2 days in a row or even spreading it out more- whateveryouwill...

for example ill use about 100-150mgs oxycodone on my days to get high. ill take like 40-60mgs for my first dose. and then like 60-120mgs later when i'm really trying to get fucked up. but if i get in my head that ill get higher if i wait until tomorrow (which i wouldnt do - or so i think so far lol) - which is true - then that means im using tomorrow - 2 days in a row - not allowing ur body/brain to rid itself of the drug. it might not seem important, but not using for a DAY - like wake up and go to sleep without using is a big deal for not becoming addicted.

450mg of codiene sounds like overkill to me. I have heard it plateaus out at around 300mg. Of course, you can take that much; the question is, should you? If you do it against medical advice, just don't combine it with other downers other than marijuana maybe.

CAN YOU STOP THE RUMORS FOR FUCKS !!!!
there is no ceiling dose for codeine. i do it every week, 3 - 4 times no days apart, just once a day, usually 650 mg. and you know what, i feel more nicer and better if i took lets say 320 mg instead of the usual ( 650~). there is a difference. this ceiling does is just a rumor. for some ppl sure, but most likely most of us can take up to 800 mg and say, yeah i felt it more. just try it whoever knows and have done codeine before.
also i have never got no WD from codeine EVER ( did a whole week of it, again just once a day , 600 - 800 mg ) ! that's just me maybe, but for real dudes, codeine is some pussy ass shit. sure, ppl go from codeine straight to 3- mf or just H, but that does not mean codeine or its power made it like that. you made the decision . you like opiates- bam, case closed in my books.

Last edited:
I agree with Sprout wholeheartedly. I don't find a ceiling at the 450mg mark, 600mgs is more effective at holding me than 450mgs for sure. I eat a couple of phenergen (50mgs antihistamine) which keeps the extreme itch and flushed red skin at bay for me.

Codeine tolerance appears to build really fast, Sprout explained this though. If I was to take 450mgs today and tried the same tomorrow then I wouldn't feel anything notable either. Nature of the beast.