Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is it Possible...?

iridescentblack

Bluelighter
Daemon from Ancient Greek Daimon is a word that seems to mean spirit guide

Is it possible the word "demon" coming out of this, having a mostly negative connotation, according to the most popular religion, has been bastardized because of the church itself?

Let me rephrase this question by giving my opinion first. (heh heh). The word demon according to mainstream Catholocism is a rather ugly word, when the word daemon seems to suggest something rather harmless (arguably). Are the spirits perhaps angry at Christians for demonizing the word demon (redundant, I suppose) or did they somehow create vengeful, demonic spirits by changing the context of this word, slowly over time?

Or is this question just silly? I'm not sure if I can get any more specific. I just feel like Christianity has warped the idea of a guiding spirit.

It's best to avoid anything that leads you to channeling spirits.

People are confused. Many "spirit guides" come as an angel of light to trick people. That's what the devil does. The word "demon" has not been bastardized by Christianity. It is telling you exactly what you are dealing with! It's just many people want to do their own thing and ignore the fact that it's actually a demon.

More times than not, the spirit guides are evil. You need to test the spirits. Ask the spirit who it is and is it of Jesus.

I just saw this about how to discern the spirits:

"Josefa's spiritual director likely discovered this powerful weapon in discerning the heavenly vs. demonic visitors from the life of St Gemma Galgani (1878-1903), for it was precisely through the reciting of the "Divine Praises" that Gemma was finally able to thwart the devil who was frequently appearing to her under different disguises in an effort to deceive her. For as Gemma learned (thanks to her spiritual director, Venerable Fr. Germanus C.P.) that the devil with his polluted lips is never able to utter such words of praise and benediction. In Gemma's case, when a visitor would appear, she would simply say "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!" If the spirit was sent from God, the spirit would always reply back to her with the same exclamation "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!"

If however the spirit was not of God, it would either not reply to her exclamation, or it would say simply "Blessed be!", the simple reason being that demons will never utter the holy Names of Jesus and Mary with devotion, however the heavenly visitors were more than happy to oblige in their response with great love and devotion. With this testing of the spirits, both Josefa Menendez and St Gemma were then always able to immediately identify the authenticity of her "visitors."

So it's saying the evil spirits will not say "Jesus" at all and even get mad at you when you do. It's best not to fool with things that open you to spirits though. It's playing with fire.

Last edited:
I guess I might need to rephrase my question. Christianity may not be to blame, necessarily, but it is a large part of the world's influence. I digress, however. Is it perhaps a sign of changing times that a lot of these spirits that have appeared since Jesus's time are what Christians call demons? And why are they different from daemons? Does it have something to do with the way we live and the quality of our spiritual and religious practices?

Every colonial nation has white-washed the minds of the ruled peoples. They take their books and put pictures of their own mores/ideals so that the opposing beliefs become one over time.
Ain't that a bitch? LOL

So, IMO: Yes.
It is possible and probable that the two (or more) are the same or different. See the babylon?
Hahah

I guess I might need to rephrase my question. Christianity may not be to blame, necessarily, but it is a large part of the world's influence. I digress, however. Is it perhaps a sign of changing times that a lot of these spirits that have appeared since Jesus's time are what Christians call demons? And why are they different from daemons? Does it have something to do with the way we live and the quality of our spiritual and religious practices?

I don't see how "demons" are different from "daemons" because the spelling is slightly different. It's of the devil which means no good!

This spiritual battle goes back to the beginning of time when the world was created. The serpent tricked Adam and Eve into eating the apple. The serpent is the devil. He lies and twists God's words. While we are living in this world, the devil only has a limited amount of time to steal as many souls as he can. Don't fall for it. That's why satan is called "The Father of All Lies". His only mission is to steal, kill and destroy. This is a war waged against mankind until Jesus comes back and sends them to hell.

The spiritual battle has always been with us. There is a different reality from what we see in the natural. There is the supernatural.

You mentioned lifestyles. Well if you are dabbling in things that are putting you in contact with these spirits, you are doing yourself a great disservice and inviting danger into your life. I already explained to you astral projection is no good. You seem to be wanting to do these things that invites these entities into your life. The devil wants you curious so you can fall into his trap. I'm warning you to stay away from things that open you up to it.

Not sure I need Jesus to protect me from evil spirits. I wouldn't leave that in his hands. Only because I can do most of it on my own. But what you're suggesting to me makes me think it's amoral to look to spirits like Buddha, Krishna or Lau Tzu because of what exactly? Bias?

Not sure I need Jesus to protect me from evil spirits. I wouldn't leave that in his hands. Only because I can do most of it on my own. But what you're suggesting to me makes me think it's amoral to look to spirits like Buddha, Krishna or Lau Tzu because of what exactly? Bias?

You are not your own God. Jesus is the only name that will drive out demons. I don't know why you said you wouldn't leave it in his hands. Haha Jesus loves
you and wants to protect you. He's the only one who can.

Are you asking if it's not a good thing to look to Buddha, etc? Looking to anyone other than Jesus is considered worshipping a false idol.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

That means salvation through Jesus Christ is the only way to get to God and into heaven. Worshipping anything or anyone other than Jesus will not.

Etymology

Further information: Daemon (classical mythology), Agathodaemon, Cacodemon, Daimonic, and Eudaimonia
The Ancient Greek word δαίμων daemon denotes a spirit or divine power, much like the Latin genius or numen. Daimōn most likely came from the Greek verb daiesthai (to divide, distribute).[2] The Greek conception of a daimōn notably appears in the works of Plato, where it describes the divine inspiration of Socrates. The original Greek word daimon does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine δαιμόνιον (daimonion),[1] and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root.
The Greek terms do not have any connotations of evil or malevolence. In fact, εὐδαιμονία eudaimonia, (literally good-spiritedness) means happiness. By the early Roman Empire, cult statues were seen, by pagans and their Christian neighbors alike, as inhabited by the numinous presence of the gods: "Like pagans, Christians still sensed and saw the gods and their power, and as something, they had to assume, lay behind it, by an easy traditional shift of opinion they turned these pagan daimones into malevolent 'demons', the troupe of Satan..... Far into the Byzantine period Christians eyed their cities' old pagan statuary as a seat of the demons' presence. It was no longer beautiful, it was infested."[4] The term had first acquired its negative connotations in the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Bible into Greek, which drew on the mythology of ancient Semitic religions. This was then inherited by the Koine text of the New Testament. The Western medieval and neo-medieval conception of a demon[5] derives seamlessly from the ambient popular culture of Late Antiquity. The Hellenistic "daemon" eventually came to include many Semitic and Near Eastern gods as evaluated by Christianity.[citation needed]
The supposed existence of demons remains an important concept in many modern religions and occultist traditions. Demons are still feared largely due to their alleged power to possess living creatures. In the contemporary Western occultist tradition (perhaps epitomized by the work of Aleister Crowley), a demon (such as Choronzon, which is Crowley's interpretation of the so-called 'Demon of the Abyss') is a useful metaphor for certain inner psychological processes (inner demons), though some may also regard it as an objectively real phenomenon. Some scholars[6] believe that large portions of the demonology (see Asmodai) of Judaism, a key influence on Christianity and Islam, originated from a later form of Zoroastrianism, and were transferred to Judaism during the Persian era.

Not that familiar with Buddhism etc but they seem to be structured around a flowery idealism designed to justify passively wallowing in their own conceited inaction.

The love of Jesus is an active process, strong, wise and authentic. Confident in turning the other cheek, allowing for a continued lead by example. Its Grace worthy of faith.

Contrast that to hate, which is reactionary and easy. A doomed strategy long term but Its offering big gratifying results and fast. In a world were people are often tempted, why would you want to stand alone against evil when the grace of God is available?

It's best to avoid anything that leads you to channeling spirits.

People are confused. Many "spirit guides" come as an angel of light to trick people. That's what the devil does. The word "demon" has not been bastardized by Christianity. It is telling you exactly what you are dealing with! It's just many people want to do their own thing and ignore the fact that it's actually a demon.

More times than not, the spirit guides are evil. You need to test the spirits. Ask the spirit who it is and is it of Jesus.

I just saw this about how to discern the spirits:

"Josefa's spiritual director likely discovered this powerful weapon in discerning the heavenly vs. demonic visitors from the life of St Gemma Galgani (1878-1903), for it was precisely through the reciting of the "Divine Praises" that Gemma was finally able to thwart the devil who was frequently appearing to her under different disguises in an effort to deceive her. For as Gemma learned (thanks to her spiritual director, Venerable Fr. Germanus C.P.) that the devil with his polluted lips is never able to utter such words of praise and benediction. In Gemma's case, when a visitor would appear, she would simply say "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!" If the spirit was sent from God, the spirit would always reply back to her with the same exclamation "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!"

If however the spirit was not of God, it would either not reply to her exclamation, or it would say simply "Blessed be!", the simple reason being that demons will never utter the holy Names of Jesus and Mary with devotion, however the heavenly visitors were more than happy to oblige in their response with great love and devotion. With this testing of the spirits, both Josefa Menendez and St Gemma were then always able to immediately identify the authenticity of her "visitors."

So it's saying the evil spirits will not say "Jesus" at all and even get mad at you when you do. It's best not to fool with things that open you to spirits though. It's playing with fire.
My friend that sees or experienced ghosts told me this as well, saying how there are malvolent, evil, or bad spirits or entities out there that you do not want to contact or invite into your life, home, etc.

Not that familiar with Buddhism etc but they seem to be structured around a flowery idealism designed to justify passively wallowing in their own conceited inaction.

The love of Jesus is an active process, strong, wise and authentic. Confident in turning the other cheek, allowing for a continued lead by example. Its Grace worthy of faith.

Contrast that to hate, which is reactionary and easy. A doomed strategy long term but Its offering big gratifying results and fast. In a world were people are often tempted, why would you want to stand alone against evil when the grace of God is available?
Took me a while to see you're point on that. But that's a good point.

You are one liar... I remember you the whole time as a liar and as one of the leading... counterfeiters of everything. You are one foul liar, a monster... and... and you're lying all the time and now you've put on a show here again - BECAUSE THIS IS YOUR GOAL!!! You're a provocateur... You're a treacherous provocateur...

I guess on topic.. I don't understand the point of all the words used in exorcism. Shouldn't the goal be quietening the victim and not encouraging dialog? It just seems like oh wow they can speak Latin. Meanwhile the exorcist is holding a book with Latin prayers. I just don't get how this helps

I've watched my share of bits on exorcism, and it seems to me the thing most lacking in them, when they proceed, is empathy. Empathy for the victim.

I don't know much about encouraging dialogue. Maybe some of the exorcists out there are intrigued by what the victim has to say. But with a lack of empathy, the whole situation wouldn't be taken seriously and certain precautions go out the window at the same time. This is just my assumption.

Daemon from Ancient Greek Daimon is a word that seems to mean spirit guide

Is it possible the word "demon" coming out of this, having a mostly negative connotation, according to the most popular religion, has been bastardized because of the church itself?

Let me rephrase this question by giving my opinion first. (heh heh). The word demon according to mainstream Catholocism is a rather ugly word, when the word daemon seems to suggest something rather harmless (arguably). Are the spirits perhaps angry at Christians for demonizing the word demon (redundant, I suppose) or did they somehow create vengeful, demonic spirits by changing the context of this word, slowly over time?

Or is this question just silly? I'm not sure if I can get any more specific. I just feel like Christianity has warped the idea of a guiding spirit.
Christianity 'demonised' the pagan 'gods' from very early on, and it stands to reason that it also 'demonised' daemons either at one and the same time, or even earlier in it's development, so yes I would say that they are/Christianity is, responsible for the negative connotation, but that said, any given 'spirit' is not necessarily a guiding spirit/daemon in the ancient Greek meaning of the word.

Verily, I believe truth is set in "what's in". People can take from that what they will. I'd rather not say what's in it for me. If there's anything that can glorify the church further and press on it's Crusade, it's this horrible act that Demons are creating further damage to the religion or preventing it's Burn from going deeper (in an attempt to exorcise all demons). I don't want to say that the Catholic church is creating these "demons" but what if it is a result of what's going on?

In Gemma's case, when a visitor would appear, she would simply say "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!" If the spirit was sent from God, the spirit would always reply back to her with the same exclamation "Blessed be Jesus and Mary!"

I propose an alternate universe where may of Jesus' friends and allies, including his family, were evil beings, intending to harm him in a future life. This would be a bad thing. Includes Mary the Mother, Joseph, Mary Magdelene, and all the 12 disciples, and their plan was generated before the physical universe existed. Just be vigilant.

Sorry this was a bit off topic, but I have experienced that there can be beings of both types (this experience comes mainly from a pivotal dream I had) - both incredibly evil, as descibed in the last post, and ones who are spirit guides.