Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is it just me or is XTC losing popularity

OND43X

Bluelighter
i live in sydney and it just seems that Xtc is no longer the popular drug it was in the late 90s early 2000's. in europe XTC use has plumited. what do ppl think in other states.

from my personal experience it seems ppl who use to be into e's are turning to cocaine as drug of choice.

If anything, I think it has become more popular. It has certainly become much more main stream and is now widely accepted and used across a greater cross section of the community.

My 2c anyway. :)

Yes I agree with lil_angel, pills have become mainstream. I know quite a few people that wont touch weed but do pills often and nearly everone I know who smokes weed do pills. It seems pills have taken speed's place.

Personally I think it sucks, but acid is getting more popular and IMO thats the way it should be.

Weed is still the most used illicit drug, followed by meth (speed/ice), then ecstasy.

Ecstasy seems to just go along with a night out these days. People, friends, especially girls, who were going off at me for taking pills years and years ago are now just necking whatever a stranger gives to them in a club. Too accepted.

^^You have a very good point there, its bad going to raves and finding out that you mates have taken five different pills. It pisses me off actually, alot, because it worries the hell out of me.

yeah pills are definitely more mainstream now
speed is bein associated with meth by some people, and they think that pills are the better option...

The more oldschool pillers probably dont bother much anymore. I feel bad for the new pillers of today, that never got to have a decent pure peak. And just think its all about staying awake and feeling fucked while you can drink more and more.

Acid getting more popular iasnt a good thing. Just means more fake, low dose, impure LSD tabs or research chems :/

I think pills are gaining popularity. It is now alot more common to see people doing them when your out at non-rave clubs and they seem to be becoming more ppopular in clubs that play hip-hop, rock etc. not the type o music you would usually expect pills to go with.
They are definately being used by the mainstream more and their use is more acceptable. I think that people who have used pills for a while are now turning to meth and cocaine more (I'm sure it has alot to do with these people laos having a bit more money to play around with than they did when they younger). Cocaine is certainly gaining popularity with people who can afford it.
However, I bleive the purity is dropping and adulterated and Mdxx pills are increasing in circulation. Pills are also becoming cheaper too.

good post psytaco. only thing i dun agree with u is that coke purity is dropping. it seems to me its getting better

Infact i would say it is so widespread and accepted that the police have had introduce controversial Drug Driving measures nation wide.

I hope CID ups his game in the future.

Unless we see a significant drop in the price of cocaine here like in the UK, it's not going to become as mainstream as it is there. Ecstasy is still huge in Australia and I don't see many signs that it's going through a downturn like it has in the UK.

I think a good indicator of this is the increasing number of summer music festivals... sure not everyone at these things is on E, but many of them are, it's hardly an open secret.

Try to remember though that our definition of "popular" is all relative to the scene that we hang in. As drug users, most of our friends tend to be drug users too. The perception that all young people are into pills is just that; a perception... unless a lot of people are lying on surveys.

You see baggies all over the place at raves and festivals.. Normally about 5 per cubical and just all over the ground.

Dont you guys ever stay until the lights come on at raves and go for the good old arena walk to find what munted stompers dropped during the night? :) Its fun testing pills you havent seen before on the testers. and see all the wash baggies with cotton left in em.. who the hell injects on the dance floor? is this a QLD thing?

I dont think E is losing its popularity, its just finding its place in the mainstream. eg in Brisbane there is one club that is regarded as THE place to do E, where as in some clubs, you will get kicked out for looking chopped.

[EDIT: No venue names (including hints). Lil Angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigjonny said:
I dont think E is losing its popularity, its just finding its place in the mainstream. eg in Brisbane there is one club that is regarded as THE place to do E, where as in some clubs, you will get kicked out for looking chopped.

i dont think a certain club is the only place that is E-tolerant now.

Most clubs are.

[EDIT: No venue names (including hints). Lil Angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have removed a few posts that were dragging the thread off topic. Try and stay on track and stick to the OP's original query. :)

Splatt said:
Weed is still the most used illicit drug, followed by meth (speed/ice), then ecstasy.

I think this depends on where you are in Australia. I think in Melbourne it is:
1. cannabis, 2. ecstasy, 3. speed/meth

whereas in places like WA and Qld, ecstasy may be a bit less popular than speed/meth.

I agree with the idea that pills have just become more mainstream. Perhaps what's being observed is that pills are a bit less popular amongst people networked into places like Bluelight (interested in other drugs perhaps?) - but for the mainstream, they are still number 1 of the party drugs... my 2c!

i took my first pill last june.. since then ive done again but before that, my nieghbour and best friend were going 2 raves and him and all his friends did pills (the reason which inspired me 2 do pills since i alredi smoekd weed n wanted 2 trying something else :p ). since that time i wud no joke estimate i hav met at least 100+ people and associates who do pills, or are starting 2 try them(prolbi a lot more but woteva).. just last week i found at that pretty much every1 at work does pills or other drugs a lot lol they are everywhere.. wot i would do for pure pills 2 come back..not that i ever really tried em :/ however i hav had some fine times on mdma (and prob;li >=1/2 the time with some type of adulterant however rarely significantly).