• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is Happy 5 aka Nimetazepam Addicting?

MollyPercocetMolly

Greenlighter
Hi yall Im a Malaysian and been doing all kind of soft drugs ranging from cannabis to dxm to lsd to molly to tramadol to ketamine so on and so forth and i just wanna know is Nimetazepam physically addicting by any mean?

it’s a benzodiazepine or something like one, which means it causes physical dependence and is extremely addictive.

If it's a benzodiazapine then yes, definitely. At any dose given time (and not much time, you can get dependent on benzo's in just a few days )

I'm extremely curious about this particular compound, which -as far as I know- is not illegal in my country (Belgium/E.U.). If I can find a reliable vendor for this particular compound (Nimetazepam, which shouldn not be illegal in my country either) and it doesn't cost me one of my testicles, so to speak, I will go for it and give it a try.

I am currently excitedly waiting for my gram of Bromazolam to arrive from who-the-fuck-knows-where (my guess is China)? It was shipped on april 2th, if I'm not mistaken. I guess it's on its way and should arrive any day now. I hope it's not seized by customs, because after searching for a rather long time I've finally found a list with substances that are illegal in my country, and both the Bromazolam and the 2-Methyl-AP-237 that I've ordered, aren't on it, just like Nimetazepam isn't. This is a Benzo that I really have to try!

I've read that Nimetazepam is extremely euphoric. Is it really that euphoric?
Does it compare to any other Benzodiazepine that you have tried, if any?
And if so: how are the effects, in comparison?
This is the notorious chemical that was banned in some Asian countries because it got abused so much, right?
Also, what's up with the [nickname?] "Happy 5"? I haven't heard anyone use that name before.

I'm sorry for the fuckload of questions, but I'm genuinely curious* about this chemical! Also, I believe there is another Benzodiazepine called Nitemazepam, which makes it easy to confuse the two...

*Those who are not, aren't.

Last edited:
I've read that Nimetazepam is extremely euphoric. Is it really that euphoric?
Does it compare to any other Benzodiazepine that you have tried, if any?
And if so: how are the effects, in comparison?
This is the notorious chemical that was banned in some Asian countries because it got abused so much, right?
Also, what's up with the [nickname?] "Happy 5"? I haven't heard anyone use that name before.

Nimetazepam is structurally related to flunitrazepam (the only difference being flunitrazepam's fluorine group on the phenyl ring). Flunitrazepam ("rohypnol") was considered an extremely abuseable benzo, especially since its effects tended to lean on the sedative-hypnotic side. Concerns of widespread abuse have since led to nimetazepam being withdrawn from the market, or atleast tightly regulated, in a number of East Asian countries.

Speaking of regulated, should you attempt to acquire it (which I would advise against, it being an extremely addictive benzo), do make sure that it isn't "scheduled" in your location. This isn't some exotic NPS/RC benzo that goes straight from "unscheduled" to "banned". Since it is (or atleast used to be) a common pharma drug in some parts of the world, this has led to it being a Controlled Substance in other parts of the world, even if it was never sold commercially there. Germany, for example, lists Nimetazepam as an "Anlage III" substance, meaning it can technically be legally prescribed under special circumstances, and importing it illegally would likely incur similar legal consequences as trying to acquire other "Anlage III" substances, such as fentanyl or dextroamphetamine.

As for "Happy 5", this is apparently simply the street name for nimetazepam, named after the Japanese 5mg "Erimin 5" tablets. Since those have been discontinued by the manufacturer, it is likely that any "Erimin 5's" you find on the street are simply counterfeits, many of which probably contain some RC benzo, as opposed to actual nimetazepam... basically the same situation as with xanax bars in the West.

Nimetazepam is structurally related to flunitrazepam (the only difference being flunitrazepam's fluorine group on the phenyl ring). Flunitrazepam ("rohypnol") was considered an extremely abuseable benzo, especially since its effects tended to lean on the sedative-hypnotic side. Concerns of widespread abuse have since led to nimetazepam being withdrawn from the market, or atleast tightly regulated, in a number of East Asian countries.

Speaking of regulated, should you attempt to acquire it (which I would advise against, it being an extremely addictive benzo), do make sure that it isn't "scheduled" in your location. This isn't some exotic NPS/RC benzo that goes straight from "unscheduled" to "banned". Since it is (or atleast used to be) a common pharma drug in some parts of the world, this has led to it being a Controlled Substance in other parts of the world, even if it was never sold commercially there. Germany, for example, lists Nimetazepam as an "Anlage III" substance, meaning it can technically be legally prescribed under special circumstances, and importing it illegally would likely incur similar legal consequences as trying to acquire other "Anlage III" substances, such as fentanyl or dextroamphetamine.

As for "Happy 5", this is apparently simply the street name for nimetazepam, named after the Japanese 5mg "Erimin 5" tablets. Since those have been discontinued by the manufacturer, it is likely that any "Erimin 5's" you find on the street are simply counterfeits, many of which probably contain some RC benzo, as opposed to actual nimetazepam... basically the same situation as with xanax bars in the West.

Nimetazepam is commercially available for prescription in Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Singapore (although they may have taken it off the market). It only ever came in 5 mg tablets, which is equivalent to 10 mg diazepam. I first got to experience nimetazepam when I vacationed in Bali, Indonesia back in 2003. The second time was when I was in Thailand on vacation, and that was in 2014. I had a reputable guy from Cambodia who shipped all kinds of benzos, but stopped shipping to North America 9 months ago. He used to have legit Rohypnol 1 mg tablets, but I preferred the diazepam or nitrazepam. He sent me "Erimin" tablets once, but upon testing, they turned out to be 5 mg nitrazepam. I would rank nimetazepam above nitrazepam, and both are way better than flunitrazepam.

Nitemazepam might be structurally related to flunitrazepam, but ALL benzos are structurally related. Nitemazepam is the 7-nitro instead of a 7-chloro analogue of temazepam, or the 3-hydroxy derivative of nimetazepam. Both temazepam and nimetazepam are amongst the most popular recreationally sought after benzodiazepines.

As for flunitrazepam - highly overrated, overhyped, and no different from any run-of-the-mill benzo. It does have great muscle-relaxant effects, but otherwise it mostly causes intense fatigue and a general feeling of severe tiredness, no euphoria. This is unlike temazepam, triazolam, and lormetazepam are way better, as is flunitrazepam's parent drug, nitrazepam. I'm always suspicious of anyone who claims to have tried flunitrazepam and "loves" it - at most, people find it "very effective" but not what most of us would consider a "recreational benzo".

Last edited: