• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Is eating fried and breaded fish better than not eating fish at all?

New

Bluelight Crew
Okay, so, I’ve going to be moving out on my own in a few months, and while I do love red meat, I’ve been eating fish recently. Now, I’m aware of the health benefits of fish and was thinking about incorporating it into my diet.

I just don’t like how it tastes too much.

Now, I have some thoughts about how to make it taste better, as you can see in the title, but I’m a little concerned it might negate the benefits of eating fish to like, say, bread it in brown sugar and matzah meal and deep fry it for example.

So my question is would it still be beneficial to eat fish like that or should I just avoid it?

Alternatively, is there a way to make fish taste good that doesn’t involve soaking it in fats and turning the heat up?

If you're frying braded fish don't think it's going to be healthy, so many free radicals from the high temperatures will be in the oil absorbed by the breading.

But salmon side is super good in the oven, healthy and and easy to do.
Leave it whole, make cuts perpendicular to the length, get to the skin but don't cut that.
Line the oven tray with baking paper.
Put the side in the oven tray and brush with extravirgin olive oil.
Fan on, 150C for 10-15 minutes, then 220C until the surface is slightly golden.
You can turn it over and make the skin crisp as well if you like to eat the skin as well.
If you do, make sure the skin is covered in oil before sticking it back in the oven.
Take it out, salt and peeper on the surface.

A health sauce can be made easily by blending greek yoghurt with some garlic cloves, extravirgin olive oil (think 5% of the yoghurt ), salt and pepper and smoked paprika.
Optionally add some chilly powder, maybe a bit of dried sage.

Breaded fish & chips ruins me, I literally can't move/get up after it. Well, for a while.