• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is drug reform a thing in your state/territory?

losthippy

Bluelighter
Just rea d this ABC article (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-08...medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web) and am curious about progress or pushback on recreational drug policies where you live. It seems like the ACT is acting grown-up and set aside Jurassic thinking to look realistically at the issues, while the rest of the country remains squarely under the boot. I don't see much agitation for change elsewhere in the national press- no polls or referendums, silence on the 'campaign front'. Prosecutions for personal possession continue unabated in my state but go unreported like some grimy stain legislators wish would just go away. Why are they so afraid of change that is so clearly needed? As said in previous post, I've travelled and lived in countries that have learned to live with their citizens' desire for illegal substances and they've cut through the bullshit to find some measure of stasis. And for the most part it seems to be working (see Portugal, Canada, Netherlands, US, etc.) Wake up Australia! Prohibition is, and will remain, an abject failure clogging up the courts, ruining lives and wasting valuable resources that would be better spent on issues deserving of more attention. Well done ACT for having the sac to work through things maturely. So, what's happening on your turf? Advance Australia, be fair.

Finland.

Not really much. Politicians being politicians, mostly.

There has been some promising discussion and studies about ketamine treatment of depression.

They don't even sell proper beer before 9 am. Fuck we are retarded nation.