• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is drug dealing immoral?

i believe selling meth,cocaine/crack or opiates to teenagers is immoral

I think it comes down to how and why you do it. Your motivations for performing an action and the results of performing the action are what determines the morality. For example, I think it could be argued that a dealer who sells ecstasy at raves, tests his product for purity and potency, only selling clean MDMA and always informing his customers of the potency so they can gauge they dos,e is doing a moral thing, because the people who are buying from them would otherwise end up buying more dangerous products from less scrupulous dealers.

Honestly, I sometimes think that the most immoral thing I've done as a drug user is simply be a drug user. Drug dealers will always have customers, but drug users influence the people around them on a deep level. I count all the people who never touched drugs until I told them how great they were or invited them out to a club with me, who saw me as an example of a "recreational user" until I fell apart and so underestimated the addictiveness of certain drugs, who had never had the slightest interest in IV drug use until they saw me do it, and the tally is pretty large. Like most people I wrote it off with the old "it's their decision, I didn't hold a gun to my head," but the hard truth of the matter is that if I hadn't been using certain drugs in certain ways around certain people, those people would be better off in their life or would never have taken risks which could have potential lead them down a dark and dangerous road. I didn't hold a gun to their head or control their behavior, I did make my own choice to expose them to chemicals and ROA's they likely otherwise would not have been exposed to.

The truth is that all drug users will need a source, I could also say that influencing others is immoral.
It depends on how you see it.
The Government is immoral, dealers are immoral, drug users can also be immoral, if it comes to a non user evaluating our behavior and the 'damage' we've done..

It's people who offer free hits of crack to kids who have never tried it in hopes that the kid will turn into a regular customer. Even then, that's just pathetic small time shit, fuck cartels, those are some bad bad peoples to the core. Then again everyone's gotta pay the bills somehow, and sure fuck most cartel enforcers wish they had a different job. Especially with large shitty organizations like cartels, but it's either your with them or your against them if you're involved in the drug trade in certain places and goodness knows you ain't gonna sleep well if you haven't paid your dues or you don't take the job that been offered of you. I mean it's sort of like living in a country that provides you with a high quality of life by fucking up the lives of peoples in other countries. I get it, but god if it all doesn't make me feel a little shitty sometimes, I suppose that's better than being a sociopath and not feeling shitty about anything ever.

Freeway Rick (Ricky Ross), comes to mind… That whole explosion of crack cocaine in South Central LA that Gary Webb was following… and the cartels.

Last edited:
It sounds like the problems most of the people in this thread have with "selling drugs" are actually problems with prohibition and capitalism.

I think we all do what we can to get buy within those systems and a moral assessment of behaviours inherently linked to prohibition and capitalism is almost impossible.