• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is CBD in the trichomes?

PsychedelicHaze

Bluelighter
I started to wonder where thr CBD and CBN are in the plant matter. I was looking up dry ice kief methods and in a youtube video comment a person said that only gets the THC. Is this true?

I would imagine all the cannabinoids are in the trichomes...no?

just wondering because I only want to do dry ice kief methods or iso washes. Don't want to dabble with butane.

obviously pure thc causes a lot of anxiety so I would want all the other cannabinoids to be extracted as well.

Virtually all cannabinoids are present in the resin inside the different trichome types on the buds and leaves. However, there are some inside the vegetative material itself.

If you get the bags and can get access to cheap food grade dry ice (particularly if you live in the US, as many supermarkets stock it unlike in the UK) then the dry ice method is awesome. Cleaner, easier and not the same amount of drying like with an ice extraction.

But the idea that any sort of extraction we tend to use to make oils selectively takes out the THC is a load of BS. You get the whole cannabinoid profile, from THC to CBN. Some methods like making dry sift bring out more of the terpenes, giving the hash a certain odor and affecting the pychoactive effects (a little known fact). To be honest, I would imagine dry ice hash would probably preserve the terpenes but I'm not 100% sure.

If you do the ISO extraction, be sure to get 99.9% pure electronics grade isopropanol, not any other type. Certainly not the 70% stuff, or higher purities that have harmful additives. The most popular auction site sells it really cheaply, particularly if you buy it in 5-10L amounts. Making ISO hash is easy, it's effective and if done well, the purity is very high. I would recommend doing a 10 second wash rather than a 30 second wash to give higher purity. You can then do a second wash and keep the hash from the second run as a lower grade product to be used when you have nothing left. I'm really fond of making ISO hash myself.

Thanks for the in depth response.

I'm very glad that the dry ice method actually gets all the good stuff like you mentioned. And yes dry ice here is easy to get so that is not a problem.

for the iso wash can't you also use 190 proof grain alcohol?

You actually can, but the problem is grain alcohol meant for drinking incurs very high alcohol taxes/duty whereas isopropanol doesn't, so the cost is going to be quite a bit more.