PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

is 4-HO-MiPT and LSD a good/safe combination

olmate

Greenlighter
title says it all. just wondering if it would be a good/safe experience

title says it all. just wondering if it would be a good/safe experience
'good' is subjective and will vary from person to person, you may love it, personally I wouldn't as I like to keep Lysergamides and tryptamines away from each other. I don't see any reason why the combo would be unsafe though, do report back! :)

i realise good is subjective but wanted to get an idea of what the general consensus is eg what sort of effects to expect or which/how much the effects of each drug would be potentiated or diminished by the other, out of curiosity, why do you prefer to keep Lysergamides and tryptamines away from each other?

Last edited:
I see the main issue with this combo in the two substances having radically different half-lives: LSD lasts almost twice as long as most 4-substituted tryptamines (including 4-HO-MiPT).

yeah i know about that already, im not quite sure yet but i was thinking of taking the 4-HO-MiPT somewhere in the mid way or towards the end of the LSD trip and was mostly just wondering how they would interact with eachother since theres very little info on the combo that ive been able to find eg how much they potentiate eachother, if they're synergistic and how intense it is etc etc

personally I wouldn't as I like to keep Lysergamides and tryptamines away from each other.

I agree -- I've tried mixing tryptamines with LSD and ALD-52 many times, and never particularly enjoyed it. Be careful, I've found that things can get unexpectedly intense when mixing other psychedelics or dissociatives with lysergamides. On the other hand, I enjoy mixing tryptamines with one another, or with dissociatives. YMMV.

4-ho peaks in about half the time LSD does. If you do this I'd say wait about an hour and a half after you drop the acid to time the peaks together

I agree -- I've tried mixing tryptamines with LSD and ALD-52 many times, and never particularly enjoyed it

What sort of affects does it create and would you be able to give me an estimate on how much they potentiate eachother?

What sort of affects does it create and would you be able to give me an estimate on how much they potentiate eachother?

For me, mixing 4-substituted tryptamines with LSD typically is, 1) way more intense than I expected it to be, and 2) not particularly useful or enjoyable. But, keep in mind, individual reactions to this sort of thing vary wildly, and it's possible that LSD + 4-HO-MiPT could be your favorite psychedelic combo of all time. The only way to find out is to try it for yourself. However, I highly recommend waiting until you have a lot of experience with both LSD and 4-HO-MiPT by themselves, to get to know the chemicals intimately, before you mix them, if you don't already.

For me, mixing 4-substituted tryptamines with LSD typically is, 1) way more intense than I expected it to be, and 2) not particularly useful or enjoyable. But, keep in mind, individual reactions to this sort of thing vary wildly, and it's possible that LSD + 4-HO-MiPT could be your favorite psychedelic combo of all time. The only way to find out is to try it for yourself. However, I highly recommend waiting until you have a lot of experience with both LSD and 4-HO-MiPT by themselves, to get to know the chemicals intimately, before you mix them, if you don't already.
yeah that seems fair enough, guess I'll just stick to having them seperately for now haha. Thanks for all the helpful answers though

I enjoyed it. It was a pretty fun time. Very introspective with nice visuals. I personally dosed the LSD first then about an hour or so later doses the 4-HO-MiPT. Would repeat it but for me personally there are better 4 subs to combine with LSD. In fact 4-AcO-MiPT was one of them...

would there be any cross tolerance id have to worry about if i took the 4-HO-MiPT at or towards the end of the acid trip?

Yes, somewhat. It's not the same as when you take something the next day though. For maximum combining I always tried to take things as closely together as possible, but it can also be nice to spontaneously add something in later on down the line to add a bit more sparkly psychedelia.

Yes, somewhat. It's not the same as when you take something the next day though. For maximum combining I always tried to take things as closely together as possible, but it can also be nice to spontaneously add something in later on down the line to add a bit more sparkly psychedelia.

well since from what ive been told here so far it seems LSD and tryptamines generally arent that good of a combination i was planning on taking the 4-HO-MiPT after the acid trip was over, would taking an extra 5-10mg make up for the tolerance caused by the LSD at that point? or would it be better to take it during the comedown or just another day entirely? there seems to be very little info out there on this stuff so thanks for all the helpful answers haha

It's all subjective really. One man's garbage is another's treasure. It's not as if you'd find it unbearable most likely, you just might not find it to worthwhile. The only way to find out is to try. Yes, you can take more to make up for the acquired tolerance, how much you'd need is kind of a hard call. If your an experienced tripper who's willing to possibly trip a bit harder than expected, then just dive in! Really though how you do it is up to you to decide. At worst your not a fan, at best you love it, and find your new holy Grail! Of course friend, it's no coincidence that my name is Help!

Hahah yeah alright then that makes sense, I should be doing it within the next week or so either way so I'll let you know how it goes

Last edited: