• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Irvine Welsh!

PLURalism

Bluelighter
I just finished Ecstasy, a collection of short stories. if you have not read Welsh yet you are missing an entire literary world. Never has a writer been so adept at getting into the chemically fucked up and disillusioned minds of the rave generation, and imbued his writing with such brilliant political commentary. I am now getting ready to pick up the Acid House...

irvine welsh is definitely a talented writer. but i must say, trainspotting and acid house do it better for me than ecstasy...
------------------
he not busy being born is busy dying.

I went to the bookstore and found some of Welsh's books...i was wondering what he writes about?
------------------
XxAltChic7QxX

Didn't like ecstasy, liked trainspotting, haven't seen Acid House.
i think it was the writing in phoenetics that runied ecstasy for me.
mona.

Irvine Welsh said himself that he didn't like Ecstacy (the book that is :cool: he said it was too rushed). I know it isn't as well written as his other stuff, but I still really like it...I think because I read it just before I started taking E, and it really fitted with how I was feeling about life, and about changes in my life (especially the third story - 'The Undefeated' - that was my bible for a while. "Fall in love, but not with the world, with that one special her. Just do it, do it now, and change your whole life in a heartbeat, do it now...". etc etc
definitely worth checking out...but maybe a bit hard to understand as he writes the whole thing in a very strong Scottish accent and with a lot of references to Scottish/British culture that you probably wouldn't get if you don't live here....worth battling with though
Si