• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ion channel blockers or Beta blockers for slowing heart rate?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I overdid it a little on thyroid hormone as an experimental approach to enhancing cognizance/energy, as it has a symbiotic effect with noradrenaline so in some capacity, did actually work.

I dosed 200 mcg for about 3 months whilst having normal thyroid function.

Well, it was normal.

Now it's about 5.5 since having discontinued and 4 months without dosing it.

What really concerns me is my heart rate however - normally about 70 to 80, now sits at about 100 for resting, and even walking sends it to about 120 bpm.

Far higher that normal and it hasn't regulated given T-hormone discontinuation.
ECG function is normal, just HR remains high.

Are beta blockers the go to here?

I've read ion channel blockers, sodium/calcium channel blockers etc can be effective for slowing heart rate, but am unfamiliar with their normal uses.

Anyone familiar with ion channel blockers?

Moved from Neuroscience and Pharmacology to Other Drugs.

Why is elevated heart rate a problem? 120 bpm during moderate exercise is not that high all things considered, and if you're not experiencing any other negative symptoms is not cause for concern until you're well into the 120+bpm resting range, IMO.

Are you getting regular cardio (30 min+ daily)? Regular exercise tends to lower resting HR.

Also, check your consumption of cannabinoids, caffeine, and any other stimulants/drugs that effect BP.

ttt for any further info or experience reports of ion channel blockers for elevated HR - ?

I would avoid ion channel blockers, those tend to be more for specific arrythmias than general reduction of heart rate, and can actually cause things like long QT syndrome (hERG is a potassium channel) or be generally bad for your heart rhythm (Nav1.5 channels are part of the toxicity of e.g. methadone and loperamide)