• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Inventors Create Spray That Gets You Drunk Instantly without the Nasty Side-Effects

I dunno. The whole concept seems crap to me. The 'BAM' realisation that you're drunk is usually quite unpleasant.

It'd be like me offering you a pill that gave you the initial dysphoria of MDMA, but then dissipated into nothing.

All the unpleasant pricktease and none of the fun.

Screw the getting drunk spray. They should come out with a spray that gets you laid! I'd bet that would sell

Screw the getting drunk spray. They should come out with a spray that gets you laid!

aaa.jpg

tumblr500.gif

Finally, a Spray That Gets You Instantly Drunk for Just a Few Seconds

Finally, a Spray That Gets You Instantly Drunk for Just a Few Seconds

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/05...y-drunk-for-just-a-few-seconds/#ixzz1usL7XR5I
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/05...s-you-instantly-drunk-for-just-a-few-seconds/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes, getting drunk is just too much work. Thank goodness someone has finally invented a product that allows you to sit back, spray some liquid into your mouth and bam! — instant drunken stupor.

French American scientist David Edwards has unveiled WA|HH Quantum Sensations, a spray that causes brief intoxication with no aftereffects, Gizmodo reports. Each dose consists of just 0.075 milliliters of alcohol, but according to Edwards, when aerosolized by the spray’s unique mechanism — housed in a stylish, Philippe Starck-designed aluminum tube — it’s enough to make you feel fully intoxicated, though quite briefly. Once the effects wear off, you won’t experience a headache and can even pass an alcohol test.

The product, which goes for about $26, will soon hit European shelves, but no word yet if an American release is in the works. Fingers crossed, though — just think of all the time you could save if you no longer had to slam back those pesky and time-consuming beers to get a buzz.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/05...y-drunk-for-just-a-few-seconds/#ixzz1usLJCz9V

Very cool, although I could see this not being approved for use by the FDA in the U.S. I wonder how addicting this alcohol inhaler could be?

I'm in the "it's a hoax" camp. All I can find on this shit is a bunch of uncritical reprints of the company press release/marketing hype scam. There's nothing about what's actually in it or what its mechanism of action is in the body. If IVing ethanol doesn't get you drunk instantly and for just a few seconds then why would this? If it's a different compound that absorbs super quick I'd think the military would be after it as a chemical weapon. These are the same scammers that brought us the high tech futuristic and inexplicably moral panic inducing caffeine "inhaler" that really just coats your mouth with caffeine and isn't absorbed in the lungs at all (it just costs exorbitantly more than the super cheap caffeine pills that have been around forever). Prove me wrong or shut the fuck up because this is a waste of everybody's time. Somebody hunt these people down and make them regret their false advertising medieval style.

The only way I see this working is if they use ethyl chloride as a propellant. Shit I bet liquor chocolates have more alcohol.

dont spray and drive kids!

i just dont see how this could work. I mean if anyone has ever cooked with wine or beer and stood over the wafting fumes then you know you can kinda feel the alcohol, but with this, there is just not enough ethyl to get somebody drunk, sublingual, oral, or inhaled. not even an infant.

why arent they putting cocaine in these is my question. And dont give me that legal mumbo jumbo!

I for one enjoy the whole process of "drinking" - the taste and feel in my mouth and as it goes down (more for beer and wine), the bite and accompanying rush for harder stuff.... as well as maintaining a comfortable, sociable buzz as opposed to outright intoxication... Reminds me of a whippet. Novelty fun to bust out at a party.