Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Introducing XTC to a new friend

ashaman

Bluelighter
Hi, i want your opinion on here. Basically im good friends with this girl who hasn't tried drugs, but i have a feeling she might be interested in it. So i thought it might be wonderful to take ectsasy with her. However, there are several factors:

1. She's not that healthy. She's the kind of person that's really slow and despises sports. Im not sure, but i will ask in greater detail, but i think her mum wanted her to take some sort of medicine for the heart.

2. She loves alcohol. And the reason for her to drink it is because she wants to 'forget'. She's plagued by things of her past that she won't tell me, but it seems pretty bad if she loves drinking just to forget about it.

I think she's slightly depressed, and she's been telling me the symptoms. Like she can just cry if she's alone.

I want to take ecstasy with her because not only would it be fun, but i can also try and talk to her about her problems. But because of her conditions, she might turn into a addict just because she wants to be happy all the time, and i think ecstasy can do that. I DO NOT want her to turn into an addict- i dont think i'll be able to live with the guilt.

What do you guys think? I have not suggested this to her yet, and when i do, i'll most likely to tell her to read up on it and make sure everything's safe.

Although you have a slightly different situation, I believe most of the comments in the Introducing friends to MDMA thread will still stand. I would never give MDMA to anyone suspected of having depression, or a bad heart. You are asking for trouble if you introduce her to MDMA.

Last edited:
Don't introduce drugs to people, bottom line! If she approaches you and asks (without you hinting and shit), by all means go ahead (while getting her educated)... but don't go out of your way, to make her try mdma... I see it all the time and shit, you will wish you never did that if she ends up smoking crystal meth (which is common after people use mdma) or moving onto harder stuff.

If she approaches you, all by herself... then you should feel no responsibility for what happens later on, she made the decision.

I'm not going to be didactic about it, but generally I agree with the above. I think it'd be better if you left it up to her to find it, and if she doesn't so be it. Definitely read the thread Cowbow Mac linked to, it's got an awful lot of top discussion in it.

:)

Don't take my post the wrong way, now that I read it back it sounds angry :(

Basically let her make her own choices, it's better not to have the guilt hanging over you if something goes wrong.

If her mum wants her to take heart medication, or there is any concern in the slightest about the robustness of her cardiovascular system DO NOT give her MDMA or any other stimulants.

BigTrancer :)

Do it, you could change her life for the better like mine was...with the cavet emptor that if she has cardiac History, better you let her discover herself.
I just posed this on a depression website, they will probebly pull it down (narrow minded fuckers) so I may as well post it here and tell my story.

MDMA and MDA (ecstacy) like all drugs are going to cause you problems if you abuse (different from use) them. The trouble with ecstacy is that it basicly makes your brain use up all it's seritonin stores in one hit, leaving you strung out and depressed for the next 4 or 5 days. Hence the term Suicide tuesday.
How much of this seritonin is used up is dependant on the dose, your tolerence of the drug, and how much you had stored before hand.

However it's not all bad news. Most other drugs, legal and ileagal that people use and abuse is to merely cope with the pain of existance, a band aid if you will. You never hear cocaine and heroin users say how their drug use has improved their life yet many ecstacy users report just this, some even, are quite evangelical proponents of this drugs medicinal qualitys and speak of how it has transformed their life for the better.

There is much inaccurate, untrue, and blatent propaganda regarding ecstacy's danger and ill effect.

http://www.maps.org/mdma/rd011604.html

Fortuenetly this is being countered by some pioneering studys around the world that have discredited alot of these untruths and at the same time have shown results indicateing MDMA to be extreamly usefull in a clinical setting in the treatment of Post trumatic stress disorder.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/Primetime/Ecstasy_therapy_040401-1.html

My personal experience is that after quitting Citalopram which I was on for 4 years I lasted about 3 months and I was so depressed, social phobic, anxious I decided I would hold out going back on an SSRI until I had gone to this Music event and taken E (as SSRI's negate the effects of MDMA). Well, I did that and had the time of my life BUT the depression that followed was bone crushingly bad. Still, I held out and used again a month after that. Now, 8 months later, I am free of Zombiefying SSRI type drugs, I go out, am social, have friends, I no longer mearly excist, now I live. I have friends. I am happier in my day to day life. I feel bitter that I subscribed to the "chemical imbalance" theory for so long and missed out on so much life.

Mind you I still get depressed and socially anxious but nowhere near as bad and the come down effects from the drugs can be managed by using combinations of Vitamins and other medications.

On the other hand some people use this drug and sink deaper and deeper into depression and mental illness. It is a very powerful substance and has side effects. You need to weigh up the risk/benifit ratio, and trawl the internet for as much information as you can find. Know the risks, don't be blase. And realise that there is alot of misinformation out there and people with hidden agenda's.

The key word here is harm reduction and risk management.

Definitely don't introduce her to mdma. If she is curious about it and is interested in trying it, educate and inform her the best that you can. Tell her to read up about mdma and its effects on the net (BL would be great) Get her as informed as she can be about the drug and let her make an educated decision from there.

If she already has pre-existing depression problems I don't think she should be touching it all. You need to be in a stable frame of mentality to do any drug...

did i make my post sound as if im forcing her mouth open with mouth clamps and laughing evilly as i shove a pill down her throat? NO! all i plan to do is tell her i take drugs, tell her how good they are, and ask her whether she wants to try it, all the time telling her its her decision and i wont ever ask her again.

Im just worried that maybe it will have very big unforeseen consequences... i will definately ask her in greater detail if she has any heart problems.

yeah after reading this thread a little more info about the use of mdma for treating post traumatic stress disorder im gunna go give a biccie to this chik that i know that got abused at a young age.

^
i hope we never start seeing serious posts like these, and if there are ever headlines about E being good for disorders like this, i think it would only lead to quite a lot of youths self medicating. One can only wonder what that would lead to.

I have introduced MDMA and speed to a friend who was always previously saying horrible things about drugs. Not intentionally doing it, but I was on a bickie, and she asked if she could. I said yes, but was skeptical thinking "if something happens to her or she ever OD's. i will blame myself" She drove me completely nutz that night, and after that, have swore to myself never to introduce any one else to drugs! She was shocking, not only was she all over every guy that she met, but she had to be watched ever 2 seconds!! Drove me completely nuts, and now .. ever weekend, friday comes, and she begs me to take her out.. and everyime, i turn her down, and say im not well or something.. not a good idea to introduce any one to drugs!

ashaman: I would be very cautious. If something unfortunant did happen, and it was found out that you supplied illicits to her in the foreknowledge that she has issues mentally and physically then you are potentially opening yourself up for some very serious criminal charges, as well as the real possibility of doing her harm.

I don't want to lecture you, but MDMA is a powerful psychostimulant - myself and friends have had great times with it, but we don't use it for thearapy on each other and we are all heathy well adjusted individuals. I don't want you to think that is a weakness in character on your friend's behalf, she may well benifit and enjoy the effects - however if it all goes pear shaped then she, and you, only has you to blame.

Yeah, i have a friend in a similar situation (a rape victim) who i am VERY close with and when she sleeps she fits etc. due to the memories that come back to her EVERY night... It's so horrible to watch her go through this...
Personally i've desperately wanted to feed her some MDMA, but then i think, she probably won't enjoy it at all because she'll be spilling her guts about all this fucked up shit.......
It's a tough call, but you're the one in the situation, way up the +ve's and -ve's that you see on the horizen and take a stab....
Good luck buddy

I know someone who only realised they had serious depression after they had MDMA. They actually learnt that there *was* more to life than how they felt and that they actually did have the ability to feel happy.

Not everyone who tries MDMA becomes a junkie, I'm pretty sure that they day after most people tried MDMA for the first time they looked at the world that little bit differently. For someone who isnt very responsible, it can become a dangerous habit, for others a nice escape from the daily grind.

I myself would NEVER encourage someone to do drugs, however, there are some people who I do believe would possibly benefit from the experience. That said, if one of my friends who didnt do drugs approached me and claimed to be curious I would want to be the person that they tried it with, so that I can guide them through it and be the one to teach them how to use it properly and safely. I think a lot of kids use MDMA in rediculous amounts because they dont know any better! If no one taught us that we shouldnt have 10 pills in one night, then I'm sure most of us would think that it was fine and that it meant we had 10x as much fun.

If you feel that this girl may benefit from MDMA in some way then I see no reason not to speak with her about it. Tell her its pros and cons and get her to learn before she tries if she is curious. The kind of introductions I dont agree with are when someone spikes a friends drink coz they think it'll be a bit of fun to see what they do or if they force it down someone's throat.

If you're scared of possible addiction, make yourself her only source for a while. If she doesnt know anywhere else to get it from then she can only get it from you. Then at least you can tell quickly if she is asking for more a little too quickly and you can speak to her about it.

Theres always risks involved with introducing someone to drugs and in reality you can only do so much. There is always 2 paths to choose, one which leads to happiness and the other which doesnt. If you teach her all you can and try your best then thats all you can do. Its better for her to feel comfortable talking to you about drug use than for her to find out another way and not learn how to look after herself.

Anyway, I believe people *can* benefit from MDMA, you cant tell me everyone on here got no positive influence from MDMA use. I sure as hell know I did. However best check out the whole heart problem thing... as we all know that does mean she sound steer well clear.

I must be really drunk coz I wrote a shitload. So... good luck in whatever you choose. :)

stace.

So, I'm new here, so? I'm new to E, so? Maybe I am in the honeymoon stage but I have been through addiction and withdrawl to the extent of needing to be hospitalised to get off my last drug of choice (THC). So I know about the nice time before things get fucked up.
I have also worked extensively in detox and rehab as a health proffesional.
Finally, after 4 years of dependence and trying I have kicked SSRI antidepressants, thanx to MDMA, I have no doubt. And I have been lurking in Bluelight for well over a year before I registered. Life, since the handful of doses I have had has got immesurabley better. I mean every part of my life, my work, my relationships, my sleep, Everything has gotten better. I am not a sad sack of shit anymore, I am happy, I am funtioning, I feel like myself.
So fuck you and your judgement chief.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it dude. I have seen a couple people that seem to be in the situation as her and it some goes ok but sometimes very bad. They usually go very weird and paranoid while under the influence and they come down 3 times as bad as anyone else.

If she decided to have something, look after her and make sure you sit with her the day after to see how she goes coming down.

Last edited: