• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Introducing Friends to MDMA

I think education is the key...When I get some of my friends who are curious I try to talk to them and explain what the experience is like...how it changes your feelings...the physical effects...and why I take them.
I generally am a music junky and for me the feeling is all about the music...how it makes me enjoy my nites out more.... how my nite is that much bigger.
I explain how I see some of my friends who do it all for the wrong reasons...their all about how drugs are cool and who can be the "baddest hardest" drug user....
Then its all about how much you can chew and in my 2cents worth these friends are in it for different and possible wrong reasons...at least from my point of view.
To them its all about the drug itself and not about going out and having fun. These people take drugs to sit home and watch DVDs or TV. Which is fine if thats your thing I guess.
If you take drugs not for how they can enhance the fun you already having but with the expectation the drugs are fun I just feel you can lose the magic all the faster.
If people go into the experience with an understanding and open mind they can make a safe informed decision on whether its for them.
Pressure I dont like...I resisted pressure from my friends who had been taking pills for a long time before me...simply because I didnt need drugs at that point in my life.

You could always slip it into their drink, and when they're peaking tap them on the shoulder and say "Hey, guess what....".

I'm just kidding of course =D

Ive had bad experiences introducing ppl to acid, Mdma, and even pot!

Id love my current girlfriend to give e a go, but NO WAY am I pressuring anyone her or anyoneelse to do it.

As an extra note - my last girlfriend did take drugs already, but one night at a big outdoor 5 stage rave, she went overboard, mainly due to my influence. (so did i for that matter, but i waz ok).

Needless to say, getting my parents to drive her to hospital was not much fun. If she hadnt been ok, i probably would have killed myself - u have NO idea how bad I felt when she was on the ground twitching spasmodically, all due to drugs she got from me.

Believe me, Im NEVER encouraging anyone to do drugs again...(spliffs and beer not included!).

Not to mention - if someone doesnt really want to try it, the chances of a bad experience r much higher I reckon.

re

Hi all first post here though i have been reading for some time now.
I have introduced a number of friends and peope i know to mdma. They have largly expressed an interest in it to me, i have not pushed them into it in any way. Before we start i usually give them web addresses of here, erowid and pill reports to have a look at if they so wish. Myself and my wife also give them a real brief run down on not worrying to much if they vommit as it can be a normal experience etc etc without giving them to much info that ruins the surprise for them. I love watching people on their first, in fact we will be doing that again in 2 weeks. Yet to have a newbie have a bad experience thankfully and we always get the pills for them from our trusted source to try and keep it this way. The only thing that comes out of it is that they then become like we all were after our first time and they want to do it all the time !! :D

well ill say that since i saw a doco. on SBS about some senior citz that went and took eccies in a field one day, it had been my life dream to try E, one of my mates that moved away eventually tried it before me, then we got some good pills just told me to come visit him and i was given a great surprise :)
i think its fair to ask someone if they would like to try E
I also think its fair that you *try* and explain what E feels like before they can say no
and i also think that any person that says no to E is missing out on one of the most amazing sensations ever.

The thing to remember is that unless they get a bunk pill, they're going to like it. Probably a lot. And, almost certainly want it again.

While MDMA is something most people won't take daily, if you introduce it to a person, it doesn't take much for them to suddenly and continually ask you for something "just to get through the night". When you do eventually turn them down they may resent you for it, and possibly buy in the club... where you can't help them if they get something bad.

It is a bit of a catch-22... those who haven't tried it don't know what they're missing... and those who have don't want to miss it ever again:) so I guess it's personal choice.

It's funny though, would you guys recommend harder drugs if they offered the same high? In the end, they all have a mental lure (being careful not to say addiction)... I suppose most of us consider MDMA to have less of a drawing force, even though it can lead to other substances.

First time i ever tried an E was because id been bought up being told how bad they were. All throughout school thesedays people are bombarded with all the negative facts about drugs (especialy ecstacy). I looked around for information at reliable sources (government etc) and other peoples personal experiences and people who have done it (here). I decided to try it after i did i mentioned it to so friends. A few were keen to have a shot immediatly (follow the leader) Others merely had to be directed to information so they could make an informed decision - they dropped an E.

Main probly with ecstacy is that people are brainwashed with negative facts and have the beleif that touch it and you will die or end up a vegetable, give them the chance to become informed and make an educated decision is the way to go.

Some people wont ever try any drugs simply because they want to keep there morals clean about not touching drugs. *shrugs*

Dont pressure, inform.

Taking E was the best decision i've ever made :p was hard at the start for me because my best friend's friend apparntly died from a drug over dose, she said it was E and nothing else and she wanted me to stop, i just took it 2 or 3 times when this happened and i said im not going to stop, and ive never said no to her and it was the hardest decision for me to make. but i really didnt want to give up what i had and tried to inform her about it, even said lets go to a doctor so we can talk about it but nothing i could say would convince her it just made arguements. so now me and her are real distant, when you step into the drug scene i noticed personally you lose and gain differant friends. now i goto clubs and pill and dont see any of my old friends as much. i always recommend it, but if they dont want to, they dont want to.

I guess the main consensus here is that information is the key...

Do you guys have any links to good articles that dispel the myths of MDMA use and its effects? I guess I just want something that backs up my theory that ecstacy DOESNT actually burn holes in your brain matter.

:)

i have a group of friends that all use, and a group of friends who dont, and i used to think of how i could get my friends who dont use to at least try and see how good it is, but then some of the mates that do use tried to get me to do ghb, and whilst i dont mind them pestering me, i realised that i personally dont want to do it, and until i do, outside pressure will not get me to take it, so i have given up on thinking how i can introduce mdma to my other friends.... its not that i think its morally wrong or anything, i just think if they ever wanted to do it, they would do it, my saying they should will have no bearing in my opinion.... did that make sense to anyone?

Just don't introduce your newbie pals potent eccies like these beige a's ;)

I definately wouldn't pressure them. I couldn't live with the guilt if something bad came of them using it.

Instead, I'd offer them my experiences, how it's changed my life for the better and worse - there is always both. Tell them to search out info themselves on the web - and leave it in their hands.

I think there's a fair bit of difference between MDMA use and GHB use though eze.

There's far more potential for health risks arising from an uninformed newbie having G than an uninformed newbie taking a pill.

I have convinced a couple of friends, mainly when I was at the start of the E Honeymoon where I could do nothing but rave about it (pun intended).

These days I will help a friend do it if they like and give them all of the information possible. I want them to make the decision on their own, be as well informed and as safe as possible before dropping.

I would hate to see a once-successful friend turn into a drop-kick etard because of me :(

yes i know there are very different health issues between the uninformed use of g compared to the uninformed use of pills, its just that in my opinion, if someone wants to do something badly enough, they will do it regardless of outside pressures, and vice versa

Hmm... Im a newbie, and only took my first pill a couple of weeks ago. It was the best experanice Id ever had. I was with a mate and was at a party, I droped half and then about 3 hours later droped the other half. I probably wouldnt have taken it if he hadnt sugested it, and I would have missed out. Its an difficult question. Before you take it you just dont know, afterwards you know but cant explain it properly.

Sin said:
First time i ever tried an E was because id been bought up being told how bad they were. All throughout school thesedays people are bombarded with all the negative facts about drugs (especialy ecstacy). I looked around for information at reliable sources (government etc) and other peoples personal experiences and people who have done it (here). I decided to try it after i did i mentioned it to so friends. A few were keen to have a shot immediatly (follow the leader) Others merely had to be directed to information so they could make an informed decision - they dropped an E.

Main probly with ecstacy is that people are brainwashed with negative facts and have the beleif that touch it and you will die or end up a vegetable, give them the chance to become informed and make an educated decision is the way to go.

Some people wont ever try any drugs simply because they want to keep there morals clean about not touching drugs. *shrugs*

Dont pressure, inform.

That is the truth, the absolute truth. Very well summarised.

introducing friends is fantastic fun
i remember saying over and over again on my first time,
"how do people not do this" and thinking that they all must be missing out.
something that Velocidex has said, and i think is pretty accurate, is that in 99% of people, once they have one they never look back.

id never pressure someone...id just be very encouraging. :D

i have a fantastic story (triumph) heehee to report...but tomorrow coz my 10minute study break at 3am doesnt allow for it.
(must-finish-essay)

-pippin

My friends that don't take drugs all know that I do. I feel sure that if they were curious or interested they would come to me and express it. I don't think I need to encourage/pressure etc them.
I would feel awful if i encouraged a friend and they ended up having a bad experience...or ended up loving it waaay to much!