• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Interpreting the Marquis

dcsteez

Greenlighter
I have only tested a few pills with the Marquis reagent but I always seem to get the same result: a reddish/maroon color which slowly changes to a dark purple with a hint of greyish/brown.

NSFW:
aa-full;init:.jpg

It's difficult to see the color in the picture but I did my best. If you look closely you can see the greyish brown color mixed in with the purple.

What do you think this means? amp/meth? I see people's reports that say theirs instantly turns black. That has NEVER happened to me.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
the grey could mean dxm...alot of times i get the orangish/reddish colors and after a while the purlple will take over...but usually ill suspect meth/amp when i see that.
its hard to tell without actually seeing/doing the test myself.

sometimes the pics dont do the colors any justice.

its not grey really, its just a weird brown color, like a greyish-brown. Hmm maybe it's cause my test is almost a year old and has gone bad, i dunno

It could be that your tester is bad but I've heard of people's testers lasting for 4+ years so it could be fine. Most pills I've tested with marquis turned a maroonish red for about 3-4 seconds before turning mostly purple/black....my experience with testing pills has been that if it turns black/purple within less that 7-10 seconds, it's probably good to take.....meth bombs won't turn purple/black at all, or if they do, it's just gonna be a trace of purple/black......most pills that turn mostly black/purple are straight to take....if it tests for traces of meth then just don't take a ton of them..

Your pill looks like it's probably pretty speedy...I probably wouldn't consume....the only good pills I've had that had meth in them turned orange/brown for about 2 seconds and then went completely black/purple....anything that's still showing the brown after a minute is probably pretty methy and I'd advise to stay away.

btw---it NEVER turns instantly black, it's just an exaggeration people make when they get good pills cause they're so used to testing crap...it definately should take about 5-6 seconds, at least, before it's completely black.

edit-ok i guess it WILL turn instantly black but it is EXTREMELY unlikely for you to ever see that reaction as I've tested quite a few pills that were clean as hell and strong as hell cause 1 had most people floored..and those still took a few seconds to turn black....any good ones I've tested still took some time to react so don't get discouraged if the reaction isn't instantaneous

Last edited:
stoneddave said:
btw---it NEVER turns instantly black, it's just an exaggeration people make when they get good pills cause they're so used to testing crap...it definately should take about 5-6 seconds, at least, before it's completely black.

*smile*

Oh, yes, it does go straight to black. I've seen it. If it ever does that, and fizzes and smokes while it's instantly changing color, you've got your hands on something VERY pure. (indicative of pure MDxx) <3 :D

And I agree with stoneddave, don't take it, unless you're ready for a harsh comedown. Meth in a roll is NOT a fun thing, most especially if you're not expecting it (unless you know and like speed). Take it from someone who's taken care of several tweaking people who "didn't understand why 3 hours after dropping, they're feeling like this".

Glad you've got a testing kit though! Bravo!

stoneddave said:
it NEVER turns instantly black, it's just an exaggeration people make when they get good pills

that's not true. i just tested some recently that turned black instantly. i put a watch on specifically to count the seconds but the color went dark before i even had a chance to look at my wrist.

---

if your testing kit is a year old then maybe you should invest in a new one. that's probably what i would do in this situation. if you're getting the same results with a fresh kit then it might be worth further investigation. i don't know though... from what i can tell by the pic the OP posted, the dark purple result doesn't seem so weird.

A quick reaction, within 10 seconds, to dark purple, almost black indicates an (XTC) ECSTASY- like substance.(MDMA, MDEA or MDA)

A reaction to orange/brown indicates SPEED.

Well if I have the two top dogs, @lter and Ravenous giving me advice, i better follow it!

=D