• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Internet Personas

heh, too hard to resist

Im always curious about the 1 dimensional online personalities.

You know the ones, always with the same guarded tone/style, usually hiding behind an embarrassingly obvious false bravado.

My assumption is that showing any deeper aspect of their personality makes them feel vulnerable

Sometimes the best medicine is a big ol hug and maybe just a little cry
"There there, its ok" :)

preacha said:
^^ it was insinuated

just quit while you're behind

ok.

*quits while i'm behind*

Hey m4dd0g, while you being so giving with the hugs, I need one, i just got "served". ;)

but who will hug me maddog?
WHO!?

besides, the one dimensional online personalities aren't just limited to those who have a constant negative impact on a forum

^ Geez, what makes you think i was talking about you? =D

I have to pay this skanky old lady in the mall to hug me :(
She keeps ... touching me ... in my bad place :( :(

m4dd0g said:
I have to pay this skanky old lady in the mall to hug me :(
She keeps ... touching me ... in my bad place :( :(

But does she throw cats, m4dd0g... DOES SHE THROW CATS? =D

[QUOTE='reacha]but who will hug me maddog?
WHO!?[/quote]

You know I'm there for you,
now I understand your pain.

peachy said:
besides, the one dimensional online personalities aren't just limited to those who have a constant negative impact on a forum

T&A.
Yes,
think that,
but you know what I mean.

samadhi said:
It's been said (by a couple of key members ;)) that i'm boring online. That's cool, i can live with that. The people who know me away from here, and have actually spent time with me, know that boring probably isn't a word used to describe me. I don't give a alot away in person either, only as much as i'm comfortable with (which may, depending on the comfort leve, be alot :)), and the same applies online.

Why dont you just admit that you are really m4dd0g's female alterego as I have suspected you have been all along? Im on to you! All QLD bluelighters are the SAME PERSON!

zephyr said:
Why dont you just admit that you are really m4dd0g's female alterego as I have suspected you have been all along? Im on to you! All QLD bluelighters are the SAME PERSON!

fuck.

The jig is up.

:|

PS: I really am fun! REALLY! :(

I think over the internet people are generally more themselves whether it be bluelight, live journal whatever that is:\ or whatever else. But you do get the occasional person who isnt anything like their internet persona.

You might be prepared to say different shit but wherever you are you're you so I don't see how you can be more or less you offline or online.

but it is also completely possible for someone to engineer a personality online (and offline for that matter) which if you're going to be pedantic about it - is yes, still them, but also is a false facade that doesn't accurately reflect their instinctive/natural personality traits, opinions, attitudes and behaviours.

Well apparently I am different online than off.

Online FaTz - Nice, sweet, funny, but yet a cunt who say's random stuff just to get a laugh from OTHER people...

Offline FaTz - Nice, sweet, funny, but yet a cunt who say's random stuff just to make himself laugh...

THR! said:
You might be prepared to say different shit but wherever you are you're you so I don't see how you can be more or less you offline or online.
I dont think anyone was suggesting the internet makes you magically become someone else. :\

Merely how you act and how others perceive you will be different through different mediums. I think it would be weird if it didnt have some effect.

Just a few simple rule changes will completely change which aspect of a personality will come out, eg. Lowered inhibitions, having time to consider sentences, neutral tone/body/facial expression, anonymity, not being spoken over, talking from your own comfort zone and not following the groups, etc

You see similar differences when people talk 1-on-1 versus in a group of strangers or in front of a crowd or (my pet hate) baby-talking with a partner :p

m4dd0g said:
I dont get livejournal

I enjoy my life but wringing out the mundane details into an online journal would feel self indulgent and kinda lame (who would want to read it??). I imagine the cross commenting quickly plumetting into meaningless platitudes for the sake of mutual masturbation.

"I felt ill today"
"Oh, sorry to hear that"
*shudder*

No offence intended to LJ junkies. Its probably just my allergy to mundane petty drama:
"Its the smell. I feel somehow infected by it"

Lj is totally self obsessive. It's a journal stuff. People have journals to write about them *shrugs* I never thought i could write a journal online and still be as open as i was in my hand written ones (i have about 20 of them - over 10 years of my lifes thoughts, experiences and feelings all on paper) For me writing is theraputic and also i like to keep records of whats been happening. It's nice to look back and remember the good times and see how you have grown and change and what your head space was in at that time. I am obsessed with LJ. I would write anyway even if no one was reading it but it sure is nice to know that people care enough/interested enough to actually read your thoughts and whats been going on with your life :) I've found myself to be a bit of a peeping tom and love reading whats going on in peoples lives. Only once i found LJ though :p

doofqueen said:
I never thought i could write a journal online and still be as open as i was in my hand written ones (i have about 20 of them - over 10 years of my life in them, so far ive written the prologue in the first book. Only 19 to go. Gee wizz
:) :) :)

aye you never know! When i'm an old lady and have lived a fantastic life i might want to write memoirs =D