• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Interesting reaction, suggestions?

XANAX XR

Bluelighter
Approximately a year ago today would be the first time I ever used needles and buprenorphine.

Weirdly enough, I was offered suboxone strips yesterday... I've only tried subutex before yesterday.

Weird...coincidence ?>

Anyway, my opiate tolerance was always naturally high so I figured 1.5-2mg would be alright, helllll no, I was sick all day yesterday. I IV'd some but mostly SL'd.

Now that I'm not as sick, I want to get high off this stuff like I used to, without puking my guts out for hours on end, I've never had such a harder nausea from opiates. Would snorting a small amount be feasible? I got extremely sick at somewhere around 1.5-2.5mg -- so, i'm not really sure how to enjoy this stuff anymore.

It's funny because I have extreme pain relief, like, better than any other opiate

but no mental high or body "high"... I took way too much bupe to begin with, so I'm thinking of snorting a small amount and see how she goes.

My methods for IV and snorting are viable and safe btw.

Snorting/shooting suboxone (with naloxone) will result in withdrawal, as the naloxone will become active if not taken oral

Snorting/shooting suboxone (with naloxone) will result in withdrawal, as the naloxone will become active if not taken oral
bupe has a higher binding affinity for opioid receptors and I'm not in w/d so I don't believe that is the issue -- I suppose it's possible...but eh, I get high just not the typical bupe high.

this is a myth propagated by the companies marketing it. Just try it if you don't believe me (do use a micron filter)

Subutex is nicer than suboxone though so I guess a little naloxone does get into your system.

this is a myth propagated by the companies marketing it. Just try it if you don't believe me (do use a micron filter)

Subutex is nicer than suboxone though so I guess a little naloxone does get into your system.

Yeah, I can't beleive people still think this is true.

Same here. I was a little let down to have that as my first reply. I know very well what w/d feels like and this is not it.

Precipitated W/D's only happens when you have other opiates in your system on a daily basis or if you have a much higher tolerance compared to the celling dose for buprenorphine. Individuals who do not use opiates daily can use or abuse Suboxone through what ever route they like and not be thrown into W/D. When a person is thrown into precipitated W/D it's not due to the Naloxone. Those symptoms actually are from the Buprenorphine as it has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors. If you find that the Sub is making you sick but also causing an intense high you are excessively dosing. Start with 0.25 mg sublingually and increase every 4-6 hours if it is not enough. Buprenorphine can take 3-6 hours to peak and it can become easy to use to much. 0.25 mg sublingually is plenty for someone with a low tolerance. Buprenorphine is used medically starting at doses of 200 micrograms sublingually for pain every 4-6 hours. You are likely to feel more euphoria from smaller doses.

Precipitated W/D's only happens when you have other opiates in your system on a daily basis or if you have a much higher tolerance compared to the celling dose for buprenorphine. Individuals who do not use opiates daily can use or abuse Suboxone through what ever route they like and not be thrown into W/D. When a person is thrown into precipitated W/D it's not due to the Naloxone. Those symptoms actually are from the Buprenorphine as it has a higher affinity for the opiate receptors. If you find that the Sub is making you sick but also causing an intense high you are excessively dosing. Start with 0.25 mg sublingually and increase every 4-6 hours if it is not enough. Buprenorphine can take 3-6 hours to peak and it can become easy to use to much. 0.25 mg sublingually is plenty for someone with a low tolerance. Buprenorphine is used medically starting at doses of 200 micrograms sublingually for pain every 4-6 hours. You are likely to feel more euphoria from smaller doses.

Thank you, I had better results today by dosing smaller. Still having a hard time getting a mental high, nods are a bit smoother though, less nauseating.

the only reason they added naloxone to the formula was to extend their patent and keep making gross amounts of money of addicts. It does nothing due to the fact that bupe is a partial agonist and has an extremely high binding affinity.

The more times you go between getting high on full agonist, to saving yourself with bupe the amount of time you need to be in withdrawal before taking the bupe gets longer. For example after years of shooting it and jumping back and forth on subutex...I shot some heroin one night. I waited three days and was in rip roaring withdrawals. I shot 2mg of sub and boom I entered right into PWD nightmare world. As a sidenote using more bupe will not make these withdrawals go away...only your drug of choice.

methadone always in split doses. n u can still do skag an opportunity I am a qualified health professional I just f Ed up. I'll photo my qualifications I'm on front cover of local hospital mag in chem suit doing major incident training. I'd be well specific about what n where I work n have worked but u seem like ud cause me agro just being a troll n getting me drug tested would b bad.

I'm not ur neighbourhood junkie with lil medical knowledge it was I was v v cocky n jumped into h thinking I'd walk away. now I am the local h head helping others kick it or checking abcess sites or doing CPR etc.

u were nasty as f to me I didn't know u used. I'm off to Peru soon to do orphanage work n restart village clinic

I was beyond wasted when I posted as getting loads of gear down u n loads of different 'Pam's down me I'd been wasted n awake for days

I hate subbys etc. methadone saved my life n I have a kid so I rarely get wasted she was with her Mum tho at time

I SHOULDNT of said go shoot narcan but ull be horrible back I'm sure.

I'll reread ur post n see if I can offer any genuine help or opinions

my mate took loads of subbys to prison to sell\take n chippers n new users took em no problem.

why iv it? u using filter needle?

everyone I know who's on it says its best thing every to quit whereas I will tell anyone that methadone taper saved my life.

everyone I know on subbys smokes gear m gets really high , the blocker in different brands is less effective I was told by ppl

everyone I know who's been a h or mdone head who's had subbys has been sick as hell even after 60+ hours

I think subbys are just for serious ppl wanting to quit. mdones great for maintenance easy to buy as skag v v v cheap too half the price n three days vs one bag

u in UK?

I've heard ppl getting sick off subbys n doing more n more n eventually
the opiate side overcame the blocker. I've also had to go score like quarter oz cos mate hit up subby n couldn't get straight said it was same as narcan

I wonder if u get tolerant to the blocker narcan \nartalaxone n that helps?

all I knew when faced with not being able to get help by declaring myself h user to go or work or anywhere I could buy expensive subbys , ppl saying these go for xxxx mint for quarter one in Walton jail etc or every single crackhead who use crack cos NHS is paying for their methadone so they don't need a bag to stop getting sick.

I really think methadone is a great drug on its own I got my life back but kept cosyness of skag blanket

everyone on subbys looks rough n thin n gaunt n unhappy n misses that they can't use gear n has to plan it all so blocker stops just as they're getting really sick smoke loads then go back on didn't seem like fun.

I remember the blocker version was originally for higher risk pts n I don't know a lot about what they were called but people raved about shooting them up n snorting them minus blocker....

I'm clean I just go nuts on benzos n brown every few months five years since quarter of good skag seems like light years away.

u should sack the needles off. is there a good rush? can't u pr it? or snort it.

I'm off work with PTSD at mo n just do bits in other depts n do drug councelling\drug harm reduction work at private councello as theres loadsa ppl like me who can't let it out they use but want to stop.

that was to u not ur queztion. meh it sounds more trouble than its worth. don't u just FANCY shooting a large AMMOUNT of gear enough to overcome blocker? what happens when u take dhc etc they just not work?

I have a tendency to go on cos I genuinely care about ppl so I'll shut up. last time I was uber smashed on everything. the neighbourhood junky with medical experience u accused me of taught me a lot about the other side of coin tho.

bupe has a higher binding affinity for opioid receptors and I'm not in w/d so I don't believe that is the issue -- I suppose it's possible...but eh, I get high just not the typical bupe high.
oh yeah that's why you can't do skag, ud have to go for FENT or some crazy shiit

everyone I know on subbys smokes gear m gets really high , the blocker in different brands is less effective I was told by ppl

This is just a junky myth. The "blocker" in Subutex and Suboxone is the Buprenorphine itself because it has such a high binding affinity that other opioids do not work while you are on it (depending on the dose though, on lower doses like ~1-2mg other strong opioids can still work, but not to their fullest.)
And it is not different in some brands as long as they contain the same dose.

everyone I know who's been a h or mdone head who's had subbys has been sick as hell even after 60+ hours

With methadone this is because of the long half-life and when people have taken Methadone daily for a long time, it has accumulated in their body and they need to taper it down to a pretty low dose and then wait at least ~48h until they are in withdrawal before they can take Bupre without the risk of precipitated WDs.

There is so much misinformation about Subs going on at the open drug scenes and the people tend to believe what other addicts tell them even if it is pure horseshit.

Excellent post zerwas and yes the problem of misinformation starts right at the doctors office which is sad really