• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Insufflating Buprenorphine - Best method ?

FatBellyWhipSlay

Bluelighter
Need a quick response on this as got a dose coming up up very shortly.

So I know I shouldn't be doing it but I do as I think its better than SL route and lasts longer, etc.

I currently crush 0.4's into powder then snort it up lightly with a straw and rub my nostrils together. Then I let it sit there for 20 mins without sniffing. Don't really get any drip from this.

But I have been reading today about people dissolving a pill in 2ml of water in a spoon waiting for it to dissolve strirring it gently with a metal pin and then snorting the water with a straw directly from the spoon.

Is this better than snorting the powder ? If so is that the exact correct procedure ? or do I need to use more/less water ? or not stir it ?

Thanks!!

I haven't done it with bupe specifically, but have had good success with the general practice of dissolving a drug in water and then snorting it with a straw or spraying it up the nose with a syringe (one with no needle).

If you do this, you really ought to use distilled water, a gallon of which is very cheap; sometimes even clean tap water has amoebic organisms in it that can potentially destroy your brain -- it's very rare but has actually happened to people using tap water for the "neti pot" sinus irrigation. Adding a dash of regular table salt to the water can also make it sting less when it goes up your nostrils.

I have got some plastic vials of distilled water about 50, from the covid lateral tests I have got.

So just used 1 mil and gave it a go, seemed to kinda go down my throat a bit (tiny amount id say) and then a little runout my nose (not a lot) we will see rubbed my nose together and trying to keep it all up there for a bit.

I just read another method, sort some water wait for the excess to drain then just snort the bupe powder and the water up there kinda absorbs it....

we will see if this works or not!

Snorting it should not make it last longer, it should make it last shorter but also reach peak plasma levels quicker resulting in a stronger peak. But that aside, yeah it's nice to snort. Anyway, snorting the powder shouldn't be too much different from snorting it dissolved in water if everything is done correctly. Though dissolved in water would produce probably greater nasal absorption and less of it ending up dripping down and being orally absorbed. HOWEVER this is only rue if the technique is good. You'd have to make sure to dissolve in a very minimal amount of water and only snort enough at a time so that it doesn't oversoak the nasal passages and immediately drip down the back of your throat. It's very easy to snort too much water at once and have much of it drip, which results in a lot more of it being absorbed orally. So you'd want to use a very minimal amount of water and snort just a bit every couple of minutes. It's probably more likely you'll get better nasal absorption from snorting the pills, since it's such a small amount of powder. But in theory you could get better absorption to some extent by using water. The best way to snort water is with a nasal spray bottle as that meters out just enough to coat the nasal passages at a time.

Unless you have strips that you can't crush into powder, I would think it would be best to just snort the crushed pill dry.

One other thing, personally I have noticed that like half a dozen times in total, I have had a panic attack after snorting bupe, which is super weird. It's never happened from sublingual (always done either nasal or sublingual). I overall prefer sublingual as I find it lasts longer.

One of those little cheap "nasal saline" bottles at the dollar store work great if you wanna use this method.

Drop a little on a spoon and stir in your DOC and bam.

I don't find it makes much difference though. Prolly best to use for the strips and to snort the pill dry and occassionally use the nasal saline to clear out your sinuses.

Thanks All! Definitely agree that it doesn't make much difference how you do it

I want to stop snorting it and go back to SL which I face an adjustment period of effects or will i be OK?

You'll be fine, there isn't much difference between snorting and SL really other than duration being shorter with nasal.

Agree with Xorkoth!

There's barely any perceptible effect from bupe to begin with.
Dropping or upping your dose slightly doesn't feel much different.

I suppose since you're using the 0.4mg pills, you might feel a more mild but extended effect from taking them SL.

I find that lower doses do have some what of a "dose adjustment" period, but if you've been taking it daily and especially in higher doses, this is hardly perceptible until you get down into these lower doses.

All you can do is try it and find out! :) Cheers!