• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Insomnia

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
For months now I have had really bad insomnia where I am physically tired but takes me hours to fall asleep and when I do after an hour I wake striaght back up and then wake up multiple times so am always slepp deprived another thing is my body jolts up craving junk food as well not sure if this is an affect of my stopping drugs an effect of me vigorously working out at the gym or that I was use to falling asleep stoned or pass out drunk or no sleep at all for many years and now that I'm not using drugs am unsure but every night it is an epic quest I've been taking magnesium supplements and exercising but I find if I exercise too hard then it make it harder to fall asleep

Not a good guide but as a year long no sleeper. My advise accept it.

I am taking walk's every day or every other day. Keep my mind focused on task's. Like hobby's and task's. And that sleep, yeah just leave it at what it is. I spend a year without proper sleep but it really taxes you. Don't give up!

Not a good guide but as a year long no sleeper. My advise accept it.

I am taking walk's every day or every other day. Keep my mind focused on task's. Like hobby's and task's. And that sleep, yeah just leave it at what it is. I spend a year without proper sleep but it really taxes you. Don't give up!
I might get some Xanax and pregabs to help with sleep as I keep waking up constant and eating and it's making me put on weight or is this a bad idea

I tend to have a permanent high tolerance to benzo and gabbapentoids tho as I use to abuse them like crazy

Well Xanax and pregabs didn't help I'm still waking up even on high doses so I'm not sure
They don't knock me out either. But they make lying down more comfortable. Sometimes I just lay there for 6/ 7 hour's.

But without even feeling that i slept something's that happened during that period were def dream. Short ones, but a sign the light's do went out here and there.

I also have vivid dreams on benzo's and did a evening walk on Midazolam 20 mg. The knock out benzo to be taken while sitting on your bed, didn't knock me out. So I finally accepted my situation and that i would never sleep again. It was after taking Flu-Etizolam a few times i regained some normal sleep pattern.

Good luck, sleeping disorder's are pure torture. If your able to get it, Mulungu used to work great when I had it. Better then a Benzo would with no noticeable recreative or side effect's.

Well they do knock me out but only in hospital dosage's.

During my first Epileptic insult I got the equivalent of 200 mg Diazepam at the ER. That had me dazed out for 3 day's, but is no where near a dose that is advisable or that I would consider reasonable.

They don't knock me out either. But they make lying down more comfortable. Sometimes I just lay there for 6/ 7 hour's.

But without even feeling that i slept something's that happened during that period were def dream. Short ones, but a sign the light's do went out here and there.

I also have vivid dreams on benzo's and did a evening walk on Midazolam 20 mg. The knock out benzo to be taken while sitting on your bed, didn't knock me out. So I finally accepted my situation and that i would never sleep again. It was after taking Flu-Etizolam a few times i regained some normal sleep pattern.

Good luck, sleeping disorder's are pure torture. If your able to get it, Mulungu used to work great when I had it. Better then a Benzo would with no noticeable recreative or side effect's.
Yea vivid dreams but keep waking up still I had unpleasant dreams as well think that's due to the cheese crackers I eate tho lol but yea I notice I get weird vivid dream as soon as I shut my eyes I use to get them on opiates as well

Yea vivid dreams but keep waking up still I had unpleasant dreams as well think that's due to the cheese crackers I eate tho lol but yea I notice I get weird vivid dream as soon as I shut my eyes I use to get them on opiates as well
Vivid dream's indeed.

And eating really suck's when trying to sleep. Sleeping with a stomach full of veggi burger's for instance. Doesn't work.

I've been having this insomnia for weeks now myself. Only sleep for an hour at a time, vivid dream then wake up. Can only get 3-4 hours per night if I'm lucky. I've tried everything short of benzos and nothing helps.

I guess I just have to deal with it. Sucks. Constant headache, fatigue, irritable, hypertension.

Since I was a child I always particularly loved sleeping, it's my favorite hobby and difficult to adjust without it.

I've been having this insomnia for weeks now myself. Only sleep for an hour at a time, vivid dream then wake up. Can only get 3-4 hours per night if I'm lucky. I've tried everything short of benzos and nothing helps.

I guess I just have to deal with it. Sucks. Constant headache, fatigue, irritable, hypertension.

Since I was a child I always particularly loved sleeping, it's my favorite hobby and difficult to adjust without it.
actually until about 2 year's ago I slept liked a log.

Whatever changed that it is just something I will have to accept

actually until about 2 year's ago I slept liked a log.

Whatever changed that it is just something I will have to accept
Me too, I've never had sleep issues my entire life until now, even through the booze and drugs.

It's hard to adjust. I think the most annoying part is not being able to sleep uninterrupted. It's annoying as hell.

I've been having sleeping issues too lately. I got a booster shot just over a month ago. I've been seeing reports of insomnia occasionally being caused by both COVID (common) and the shots (rare). I hope I'm not one of those cases.

Any further degradation of my life and I'm not sure who I could turn to. It's a scary thought.

Had the same problem. Couldnt get or stay asleep for the longest time. When i was in the ward they put me on hydroxizine. DID NOTHING. Eventyally i think the nurses were getting creeped out that i would wave at them at ungodly hours when they would do flashlight checks, so they put me on trazadone. It works, but made me really groggy in the morning. If you have acsses to a psychiatrist, they might be able to give ya somthing to help.
Im on vyvanse now, and my sleep has been meraculously fixed. Go figure it was the fucking adhd... dont know how they missed that one.
Moral of the story if u have tried lituraly everything then you may just need a sleep med. Ik its not ideal, but sometimes its worth it. Gotta be careful tho, only tke em on the really bad nights, i found if i take mine as often as percribed the side effects get worse and they stop workong as well.
Not saying meds are the only fix, but they can be helpful as a last resort. Better than sleep deprevation imo.