• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine shot up two 60mg ms contins. Although he did not miss, his whole arm swoll up like a pumpkin and it went numb. I told him to go to the hospital, i told him not to shoot fuckin ms contin. do u think he couldve died shooting that pill?

Now that you have my backstory, here's my question/concern: since I've started with the needles almost exclusively, I've been experiencing these horrible "episodes". Usually they happen after I go pretty hard for a couple days, basically what happens is that I'll get EXTREMELY cold. I'll shiver uncontrollably, almost to the point of convulsing. I'll then get hit with severe body pains and basically what feels like acute wd's. Problem is that it almost never happens when I should be getting sick. In fact, today, was definitely the worst episode I've had, and it began less than an hour after I just had a shot! It's beginning to concern me a great deal, not because I value my life at all, but because it's fuckin HORRIBLE!!! I went through it today, and it wiped me OUT! I was shot the rest of the day, even tho I had done more than enough shots to get right, during and afterward. My one buddy gets the same thing, but neither of us can make heads or tails of it. Can someone PLEASE help with this?? A name for it? An explanation? A remedy or way to stop it from occurring? ANYTHING???
Sounds like cotton fever to me. Do you use clean works? How do you filter your injections?
Contrary to popular belief, cotton fever occurs not when you shoot a piece of cotton but a piece of bacteria. How long do these episodes last?
the way you described feeling cold and shivering is EXACTLY what happens to me when I get cotton fever, usually from using dirty water or tap water. When i shiver its uncontrollable and sometimes gets to the point where my jaw aches from clenching my teeth. the first time it happened i was terrified and thought i had gotten a bad bag. It usually lasts for a couple hours, I get a fever and every once in a while get nausea and/or vomiting as well. I usually try to sleep it off. And when it happens, it usually sets in 30 minutes to an hour after I hit. I generally try to eat a bunch of ibuprofen when I feel it coming on and that seems to help the fever a bit. You need to be careful as if it lasts it could be a sign of endocarditis. My boyfriend gave himself endocarditis directly following an open heart surgery.
The best way to avoid this is by using all clean sterile works and micron filtering your doses.
By the way I am in no way a medical professional, just am pretty sure this is what is happening. I hope you can resolve your situation!

Sounds like cotton fever to me. Do you use clean works? How do you filter your injections?
Contrary to popular belief, cotton fever occurs not when you shoot a piece of cotton but a piece of bacteria. How long do these episodes last?
the way you described feeling cold and shivering is EXACTLY what happens to me when I get cotton fever, usually from using dirty water or tap water. When i shiver its uncontrollable and sometimes gets to the point where my jaw aches from clenching my teeth. the first time it happened i was terrified and thought i had gotten a bad bag. It usually lasts for a couple hours, I get a fever and every once in a while get nausea and/or vomiting as well. I usually try to sleep it off. And when it happens, it usually sets in 30 minutes to an hour after I hit. I generally try to eat a bunch of ibuprofen when I feel it coming on and that seems to help the fever a bit. You need to be careful as if it lasts it could be a sign of endocarditis. My boyfriend gave himself endocarditis directly following an open heart surgery.
The best way to avoid this is by using all clean sterile works and micron filtering your doses.
By the way I am in no way a medical professional, just am pretty sure this is what is happening. I hope you can resolve your situation!
Before I started using .2um micron filters I was using q tips to filter and boiled the liquid briefly afterwards. I never experienced anything like what you described. Brief boiling should kill a lot of bacteria (~15min though to kill all of them), but some other pathogens would be left alive (virii, prions, spores, toxines). I still use tap water, but filter it thoroughly to at least remove all living organisms from the liquid and some other pathogens.

The most important question is how much hygienic safety measures you take.
- Do you disinfect your skin properly?
- Do you use fresh needles after every injection and if not, how do you sterilize them pre-/post-injection?
- How do you prepare your shots? What type of water and filter do you use and do you boil the liquid?
- Do you do it directly pre-injection or do you store it for a couple of hours or even longer than that?

Since you've always experienced it I don't see how you could judge for when exactly you are 'supposed to' experience withdrawals? Our genetic makeup can vary considerably and to be honest, it sounds to me like you are just quickly metabolized (then both excreted and further metabolized) the (opiodergic!) heroin metabolites and are experiencing withdrawals. You should also be aware that Heroin has an extremely short half life of a few minutes, so the effects won't plateau anymore at T+1h since you absorb the whole dose into your bloodstream immediately. The more frequently you are using opioidergic drugs, the sharper the dropoff will be. This doesn't happen with the intranasal route, since you will swallow a lot and therefore experience a much longer comedown.

Take me for example, I'm only using opiate orally or rectally and only rarely so. Usually I experience lingering effects for a long time after the plateau and never a strong rebound that makes me feel ill after single use. The more frequently I use, the shorter the after effects and the stronger the rebound until it turns into seriously agonizing withdrawals. Since you experience this after episodes of heavy use, I see no reason to believe it's anything, but a comedown, unless you are really careless about hygienic safety measures.

Last edited:
Since you've always experienced it I don't see how you could judge for when exactly you are 'supposed to' experience withdrawals? Our genetic makeup can vary considerably and to be honest, it sounds to me like you are just quickly metabolized (then both excreted and further metabolized) the (opiodergic!) heroin metabolites and are experiencing withdrawals. You should also be aware that Heroin has an extremely short half life of a few minutes, so the effects won't plateau anymore at T+1h since you absorb the whole dose into your bloodstream immediately. The more frequently you are using opioidergic drugs, the sharper the dropoff will be. This doesn't happen with the intranasal route, since you will swallow a lot and therefore experience a much longer comedown.

Take me for example, I'm only using opiate orally or rectally and only rarely so. Usually I experience lingering effects for a long time after the plateau and never a strong rebound that makes me feel ill after single use. The more frequently I use, the shorter the after effects and the stronger the rebound until it turns into seriously agonizing withdrawals. Since you experience this after episodes of heavy use, I see no reason to believe it's anything, but a comedown, unless you are really careless about hygienic safety measures.
he is not using heroin though as he said he is using pills, which are not the safest to inject. And you are right simply washing your hands before hand is definitely a way to avoid this.
One time I got cotton fever several times in a matter of days and thought my dealer had a bad batch because it was all from the same bag/bags of dope. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that it was from the water (bottled) that I was using. This happened to me again not that long ago using Starbucks tap water, regular cotton, brand new rig, and not new cooker cleaned but not sterilized.
Cotton fever is not fun at all I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Definitely not as bad as being in withdrawal, no rls and I usually I am able to sleep after a while.

I'm fairly certain this isn't withdrawal that he is talking about, especially since he said he used again after it started.

So if I am still ok to talk say 20 min later, I should be fine? I rarely nod, and when I do enough that I do, I get really scared that I won't wake up. I am however a n extrmely paranoid person. Thank you

I don't want to down-play the risks, in fact - I'm usually the first person to call an ambulance.

That said, it's quite uncommon to OD on heroin alone (I think the stats I read in Australia said this accounted for only 5% of heroin ODs or something like that). Most people who OD do so because they've taken benzos and/or alcohol or some other breathing suppressant. Literally every time I've OD'd, I'd also taken Xanax.

A million times over I've taken enough dope to go on a serious nod, where I've come in and out of consciousness, with literally no ability to stay awake (I could say to myself - stay Alert! Stay awake! And then the next thing I know I'm 'waking up' again and it's 20min later, repeat..). I'm not saying it's perfectly safe, it's not, especially if you vomit while unconscious, but it IS a very common experience when taking IV heroin. Just don't mix with alcohol or benzos and never drastically increase your dose and the chances are you'll never experience a serious OD.

Thank you gypsy, I do use sterile everything, except often run out of sterile water, so boil bottled water then. I use cigarette filters to strain, but since I prefer 3cc rigs and have no clue how to get micron wheels, that's the best filtration method available to me. Thank you again

Taking your advice into consideration, I can and will take better care to sterilize my silverware and not run out of alcohol skin prep and dressing.

missed ice shot In my gf's lert arm under creac below elbow.

It started out swollen and red and some pain. Thennext day she had less pain and swelling. Then her arm got hit a few times by her kids and a few countertops. It swole back ulp and spread. So worse tha. Before. Bout a golf ball knot n 5 inches of redness down her arm... I've seen hot n cold presses but need to know how serious or alt. In home treatment

It started out swollen and red and some pain. Thennext day she had less pain and swelling. Then her arm got hit a few times by her kids and a few countertops. It swole back ulp and spread. So worse tha. Before. Bout a golf ball knot n 5 inches of redness down her arm... I've seen hot n cold presses but need to know how serious or alt. In home treatment
If you can't go see a doctor, take broadband antibiotics!!! If you hadn't said it got worse (let's not pay too much attention to the accident with the kids) she should've been fine. This however doesn't sound too good. Did it become a lot more painful? What color is the bruise?

If it gets only the slightest bit worse, I urge you to go to the hospital. Better a life in debt than none at all.

lumps and bumps question

Ive been reading post on this forum looking for a specific answer to my question but i hv yet to stumble upon an answer so im going to just put it out there &hopefully get a solid answer (i do apologize if im posting this in the wrong thread as well but i see it as a IV complication) Im new to this whole IV'ing oxy's ,i appreciate that everytime i come on here i find out just 1 more correct or efficient way to maintain this ROA while lowering my chances of goofing up. I realize that rotating sites is very important however i am a plump girl w/on a good day before i started this ROA i had very deep veins whenever professional phlebotomist had to draw me for medical reasons. So im stuck rotating between my R.& L.outer crook of my elbow. Ive found the lumps and bumps noted at the start of this thread. My bumps dont hurt when i palpate them, there is no reddness or streaking lines, no warmth to touch just a few bumps on each arm. I dont stick my 30g 1/2inch needle directly into the bump but ive heard that if i inject right under the bump i will not feel the rush ( & yes,for myself i do hv a noticeable rush however i am not promoting ppl to use this ROA that i hv choosen for myself) I really dont want to experiment &try to shoot under or directly into the bumps b/c i hv a limited supply of needles & micron filters( i hv no needle exchange near me) &the oxy IR's. A few times i hv went alittle too close to the bump &there was some discomfort i felt. And if memory serves me correctly i dont think i had a back flow of blood which of course prevented me from going any further with the injection. I use 2x's a day everyday for close to 2 1/2months now. So is there any truth to needing to go above the bumps &lumps for a successful experience? Thanks

Cotton fever is NOT caused by dirty water or tap water. The bacteria that causes cotton fever is PART of the cotton. It grows into the cotton as the cotton is growing and is called E. Agglomerans. And there is no way to remove it prior to the end result of making the cotton product itself. You can get cotton fever with perfectly sterile utensils, and a sterile cotton fresh out of its sterile pouch, because its IN the cotton. The bacteria is picked up by the dope as you're pulling it through the cotton, although that isnt very likely and when you IV you can get it without any fibers. If any fibers go in that introduces 10 times more of the bacteria into your system and that is what usually causes the fever reaction. The body is saying get that shit the fuck out lol Anyway, the most effective way to avoid cotton fever is to boil the COTTON before using it. This will usually kill all the bacteria that is in the cotton. AND NEVER use it twice. Its dirty and contaminated, its had drugs through it, its laid on the table or desk and picks up all the crap and becomes un-sterile, your syringe is cleaner after 1 use than the cotton.

I've been using heroin for a little over 6yrs, 5 yrs shooting. For about 4 yrs I used the same spot every time and never missed at all. It was the crook of the elbow. It is weird b.c I don't know how I even found the spot as there is no prominent vein sticking out and never researched veins, kuz I didn't need to. Amazing it lasted so long and I fucking
miss it. Well the past year about I have had to search all over my hands and forearms and can always find spots. But lately some spots in the hand, that I've used before with no problem, hurt like a muhfuck when I inject. I know its not an artery, I've experienced hitting an artery and its not that. I still get a rush or as much of a rush as my tolerance allows. It just stings bad and turns red. Its usually a spot in the hand. Sometimes I also can feel it burn as it travel's thru my vein. i cool it down by running water over the rig. I live in Chicago and usualy get white- off white powder, sometimes light brown. i do 5 or 6 bags in one shot, depends on who i get from. Ive been at this dose for about 2 yrs and is about as much as i can get in my 29ga 1ml rig. I use alcohil swabs and always use a fresh rig. Is it just the cut in the d or wtf is happening? Any info would b appreciated.

I used the same spot for 4 yrs, it stopped working and I can't find a spot to use more than a cpl days at a time. The body is crazy. If u rotate every time or every other and use clean fresh shit u should b cool.

If you typically shoot roughly 30 cents of meth twice a day for several weeks (only been shooting it about 6months off and on)and then not at all to 15-20cents once or twice a day would you or would you not take 2 15-20 cent shots within 3 1/2 hours or is that ridiculously too much too close? The ones I always go to are not accessible by phone at this time or I would be asking them. Also I've always always been told and heard you cannot OD on meth just over amp and now one person always tells me you can OD which is probably the reason I am here asking this now. makes my anxiety go batty ha

My question is a more substance specific question. I made a 30-40 unit solution with 5-10 mg 4-aco-dmt and a saline solution from the needle exchange filtered with a stetilefit filter. Well to make a long story short it burned and stung for a minute or two and I worried about serious damage as Even missed cotton filter dilaudid shots did bit hurt going in. I've quit opiates and this was my first iv of anything since then so I might just be more sensitive to pain.

To conclude I'm curious of anyone else has experience injecting 4-aco-dmt or any other tryptamine and can comment on if there is any burning, stinging, and/or any other painful sensation when the solution enters the vein? Am I probably more sensitive without opiates? Any other ideas why it was intensely painful for a minute?

missing veins (iv).

What precaution should i take if i just shot and missed eighty percent of the load in my penis and now there are two heads ..lol ?vvvhelp me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.