• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Inhaling?

CenterRoll

Bluelighter
Ok, i just started smoking weed and so far have not gotten high. My bro keeps telling me i need to inhale. When he says this does he mean to keep it in my lungs or to inhale into my lungs, keep it there and blow it out?

well it depends on the kind of device your using, but generally just inhale as much as you can and get as much smoke in your lungs as you can then exhale a few seconds later.\

EDIT: try this post Can't get high

Last edited:
Life Lessions "101"

Lesson 1 - Inhaling

When you breathe you are "inhaling" oxygen into your lungs this is essential for living.

Honestly Bro it's THAT easy just make sure the smoke gets into your lungs I find alot of newbies tend to "bumsuck" eg draw the smoke into thier mouth then exhale.

Happy Smokin':)

Just take a normal breath, through a lit pipe/bong/joint. It needs to get in your lungs to get in your blood if it's smoke.

Try hotboxing too, that way you can't escape the smoke.

EDIT- "Bumsuck" is a new one on me, but you can just fill your mouth, then take a deep breath on top of that for the same effect...

What I meant by "bumsuck" was that they did not inhale the smoke into their lungs, they just suck it into their mouth then exhale
ie: pretend smoking

It is a lame term but :\ it's what it's called locally

yeah, the way i learned to inhale smoke was to take the smoke into my mouth, then open my mouth slightly and take a deep breath

actually i've noticed that when im smoking a joint i dont really have to inhale that much at all. i just hold the joint up the my mouth and slowly suck in the smoke. it still gets me just as high and feels a lot better on my lungs

An older discussion on the topic

When I first started out, I couldn't inhale either...I liked the idea of holding it in your mouth, then drawing it into your lungs, it worked for me at the time. I tried to do it the other day, but now its just a natural motion to draw it directly into the lungs ... more effective aswell (can smoke bigger bongs and push the smoke deeper into the lung cavity). LEaving it in your mouth for too long can lead to tongue cancer, then again, holding it in can lead to lung cancer ...

Its all about practice ... keep at it.

On a side note, I "bumsuck" cigarettes most of the time. Mainly because I just like the Vanilla flavored smoke. But if I'm craving a smoke or something, like when I was all rev'd up on meth, I'd smoke those fuckers like sticks of candy... *Recessed filters work great for taking bumps*

^^^^^ Yup when im doing lines ill smoke like a fiend, and I never ever smoke. Excpet when im doin lines and when im rollin.

Take a deep breath right now. Now do that when you hit a joint/pipe/bong.

we call the "bumsuck" around here the "bill clinton"

It took me a looooong fucking time to be able to inhale properly, and my lungs are still very sensitive to smoke to this day, so I know how that story goes... :) I'd recommend that you practice inhaling the smoke all the way into your lungs using a bubbler or some other device that will at least temper the smoke so it doesn't burn so much. Your body naturally does not want you to inhale that smoke into your lungs, so it takes a lot of practice and quite a bit of getting used to. Just hang in there, you'll get it right eventually! :)

I draw the smoke in my mouth then inhale it....Always done this...Everyone else does too....

Hey RED HAZE are you talking about taking a smoke with a recessed filter and measuring out a bump of your powder of choice? Very imaginative.

...and for all the bum suckers: You're halfway there. Take a gasping deep breath with your mouth full of smoke. Easy!

morbyss said:
actually i've noticed that when im smoking a joint i dont really have to inhale that much at all. i just hold the joint up the my mouth and slowly suck in the smoke. it still gets me just as high and feels a lot better on my lungs

its called "mouth smoking"...i read something about it on erowid i think

i must say inhaling air, and all the other mixed gases around me for that matter, has always come pretty naturally. it was all a matter of applying the same principles to marijuana smoke

nah, i dont think im mouth smoking, if i was my lungs surely wouldn't hurt after it

frizzantik said:
yeah, the way i learned to inhale smoke was to take the smoke into my mouth, then open my mouth slightly and take a deep breath

Do you do it differently now?
I've tried taking it in directly... but I cannot seem to force myself to do it this way...

I have no idea how I inhale, I`ve been doing it like this since the moment I started though. I`ve been smoking like this since I was 15, never had a problem with it. I do always suck in a little extra air after inhaling smoke though, I don`t know why, but I think it just feels better, I`m sure it has no effect whatsoever, it just feels nice to do it.

a good way to check if someone inhales or not is to check their breath when they exhale, if it`s one big cloud of smoke and just air after that, they probably don`t inhale. if it`s a continuous amount of smoke/air mixture, they probably do.

I know that you can get stoned without inhaling as well, it just takes a lot more weed to get stoned. when my lungs hurt and I still want to get stoned I just take a puff and leave it in my mouth for a while and blow out, after a few puffs I`m stoned and I`m not coughing up my lungs

A thread on how to inhale. Lol..

The way I got taught was to suck the smoke from the joint and then take the joint away from my mouth but still suck in.