• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

INFO: Types of changes in your brain from taking MDMA

Like mash, my ability for remembering things can shock people, and I have taken A LOT of pills.
However, I think my concentration on my work, and my general ability to get thoughts to flow has suffered negatively. When I try to concentrate, I'm very often left with a blank or wandering mind, and although I can get thought processes going, it can sometimes take a fair bit of time....

Think of the brain cell damage as a deep cut in your hand. After the stiches (5-htp and other supplements) and the healing, there is a scar. IT'll never heal back to the way it was. Now, with more and more cuts, your hand will look more and more scarred. If you cut a recently cut area that place will take longer to heal...Ok, this is losing sense, but u sort of get it.
About memory loss- I try to roll once every two months. Before and after I roll I take 1000mg of Vitamin C, 250 mg of alpha lipodic acid and 100 mg of 5-htp. (pre-loading, post-loading)
Also, after I roll I begin to do shit that works your mind. Crossword puzzles, http://games.yahoo.com/games/texttwist.html (text Twist), http://games.yahoo.com/games/collapse.html (Collapse), chess with friends, debate club, debating with friends, writing short stories, writing articles for zine, writing in my xanga, martial arts, meditation, reading books, going to dance (sober), playing sporty, all these activities keep your mind active and actually exercise your brain. Brain exercises are very good for you, and may benefit you more than you know.
I remember hearing somewhere that with every brain related activity (which is everything, I know, shut up, I'm talking about like the shit I mentioned above) that new brain stems are created or something like that (I'm probably really off)
Anyway, post-and pre-loading is not it, you have to exercise your mind.
Sometimes I do this exercise where I'm in a car and I look at things, and try to capture snapshots of what I just saw and hold it in my head as long as I can, when it's over I take another snapshot and hold it in my head. Just concentrate to work on your memory in a car at a really fast speed.
After you're really good at this, look at something, capture it, and then process your thoughts on what you just saw, or create a scene for characters in a movie that takes place in the snapshot, really fast, and do it over again, with different people, situations, create a history for the snapshot you took. (like you see a sign, and you wonder, who built that sign, how long did it take for someone to make that sign. Wonder about how the owners of the sign saw that sign and how you see it now. It's a very different perspective, think of this, then move to the next snapshot)
I heard brain exercises are just really good overall, would help prevent memory loss for a Mormon. Even if you dont' take xtc, I suggest you guys do them.

cool cause it is not funny howmany times that i have found myself enthralled with a game of literalli on yahoo games(scrabble minus the copyright)

Brain cells DO regenerate, just perhaps not as easily as other types of cells. It is an old myth that brain cells lost are brain cells lost forever.

Just to add to my previous post...
If not directly related to e, I feel that in the period following the usage my memory has definetly improved. Possibly through learning to use it better...hard to say.
Maybe it depends what you do whilst on xtc?
We spend a lot of our time sitting or standing around at house partys peaking & just chat usually about past,present & future.Say one in 5 drops we will go for a nights dance,just to let our excess energy out & let our minds be free :)
I am definetly better at mind maping(brainstorming) as my short term & long term memory have just added on what I already had learnt.
Nothing bad to report from me unless I over do it then it's still only a few weeks till I fully recover...work is always happy with my results & I have passed all my studies to date.
If I put in an E for effort I have always got an A for result unless the subject it just pass/fail.If I don't put in the effort then the results sometimes correspond...but I have been very lucky so far.
Maybe the bad will come with age, but then hopefully it won't be overly tragic ;)
[ 23 July 2002: Message edited by: Scatteredasfuck ]

Brain cells (neurons) do regenerate over time, but a destroyed serotonin-producing neuron will not necessarily grow back as the same type it was, or even in the same area of the brain that it was originally.
I think this is why research involving the use of stem cells (undifferentiated nerve cells) in treating disorders like Parkinson's disease isn't too spectacular. The stem cells will eventually differentiate into a specific type of neuron, but even if they are put in the right area of the brain, they could become a dopamine neuron, a serotonin neuron, etc. Thus, the types of new brain cells regenerated are somewhat random. So chances are, destroyed serotonin neurons will not ever be compeletely replaced by new neurons that have the same function. What this means in terms of behavior, mood, etc., I don't know...

They did a bunch of tests on monkeys and chimps, and I heard that even with significant brain damage and HIGH levels of frequent use, no behavioral changes were observed. What this means for us, I have no clue.
I've only taken a few pills, but have noticed that it has cured alot of emotional problems for me. I used to have low self~esteem and depression. But after my first time rolling, I gained a new positive outlook on life. Now, I am a confident, optimistic, generally happy person.

Wouldn't it be cool if stem cell research proved succesful and we could just grow our damaged cells all back and then we roll face and kill em all over again? Just a thought.

Originally posted by PLURalism:
Zorn - you mentioned "taking multiple pills" as relevant to the level of possible damage. I think this statement should be qualified as it seems a bit misleading.
i thought so too, does this mean that taking 2 pills, like 1 then another 2-3 hours later is much worse for you than just taking 1 and not attemping to ride the roll out longer? what about if you take halves to roll longer, or is it the lenght that could make the difference?

What constitutes Heavy Use?
At what point, do people start seeing signifigant brain damage?
Over the course of 6 years I estimate that I have consumed approximately 140 pills. What sort of damage do you suspect I've incurred?

Just my 2 cents... But I am with you on this one masheadatronic, my memory abilities have greatly increase, and i too REALLY SHOCK all of my friends... when I can remember pretty much every part of a night out, down to every song that was played... while my mates are like... what the fuck... when did that happen.. But not just remembering nites out.. I remember things so much clearer now... I did that TV IQ test.. and the short term memory section was my best section. Also my long term memory is better.. more 'nostalgia'.. Shit.. i can remember getting my first tetanus shot when I was 1 (yes.. 1 year old.. FREAKY).
Only side effect that I think I have had, apart from getting the flu every time I go out.... is mild Anxiety - mostly fear of death... ie: I get a headache.. I must have a tumor... .I get an itchy back... must have skin cancer... but i went to the doctor.. and talked about it.. and I am much better with it now...
Just got some 5HTP, (cheers to *you know who you are*). I have had it once before.. and it was the ONLY time I didnt get sick after clubbing.. Am going to start pre and post loading with it to see how it goes.
As an aside.. I have had around 30 pills in abot 13 months.. I go out once every 5 - 8 weeks.
Cheers
Pendulum

Just while we're also giving a general idea of consumption & being curious of what is classed as heavy use...over the last 2yrs I have consumed only correctly testing substances which come to a total of 58.
The effects where also very much what I've come to expect & read about...though the sensations still seem very special to me & slightly different each time.