• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Info on IV’ing and veins

femalexaddict

Greenlighter
Hey all, I’m new here and not really sure how the site works, where to post and find the forums and stuff so hope this is the right place to ask here.

I’m wondering why I had a perfect vein on the side of my wrist and used it fine earlier today but now it’s not big and apparent and usable.
Can one time damage it that much?
Also, how long does it take for it to come back to normal?

I’d been IV’ing for a few years but been clean for over 2 years with 2 small relapses, my veins were pretty fkd and as a female I don’t have as many options or good veins like men.
Why can I see and feel veins but can’t get them when I try?

Also, is there anywhere that fully explains how to IV properly and the best way?
Going into it on top at a 45 degree angle doesn’t seem to work for me, I have to go in from the side of the vein.

Sorry, a few questions and probably confusing…
Thank you

Thank you, unfortunately there’s no new information.

I think I need to prevent rolling but not sure how.
Two methods to stabilise a rolling vein: either press down on the vein a little way from the insertion point ABOVE the insertion point before attempting to put the needle in, or stretch the skin tight using thumb and forefinger on either side of the insertion point. If injecting into your arm of course this technique requires a helping hand from a friend.

If you're going to use your forearm (eg antecubital fossa), extend your elbow, if going in your hand make a fist. The tension will help to keep the vein in place.