• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Inert meth or a lot of Iso?

GR400

Greenlighter
I've spent triple digit hours researching purity, cuts, recrystallization, history and current methods of crap added and how for more yield, and the process of doing so. I am fully aware there is no sure fire way with a money back guarantee to test for N-ISO( unless your a highly advanced chemist with unlimited access to thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of unlimited lab equipment), but my personal conclusion is that the majority of meth obtainable in my area is recrystallized with N-isopropylbenzylamine. The past 6 months of meth has been in big, long, soft shards. Sizzles when hot railed a tad hotter than should be and yields large heavy clouds but leaves behind clean residual that is not delicate to browning and does not sublimate anything until almost approximately 170°c. Nothing at 110° and 40° before 210°. Virtually no loss to mass from multiple acetone washes. But I had a second theory come to mind. Could the meth just become inert as a result of an unskilled, inexperienced, uneducated and impatient wannabe chemist attempting recrystallization? Like from not drying well enough or leaving the meth to long recrystallizing? Or in some other way making the meth inert. The reason Every super sized crystal crushed or uncrushed has a very very distinct acetone like smell. If left out in a very dry room several days the smell subsides noticably. My preference is to aquire in bulk ≥7g and enjoy seeing how many odd shaped hard pieces. Occasionally the consistently large soft crystals are awesome but %90 a waste of lung damage but ALL of it has had that acetone like smell. So, Inert? N-Iso? Both? Something entirely unrelated or different? I've read many threads and learned a lot from some very reputable obvious chemist that I have faith have a reliable answer or very well educated guess. Please enlighten me... And if there is already a post pertaining to this, please direct towards that.

Note to moderator's: new to posting, if I've posted in the wrong forum or anything else is wrong with my post, I respect if you delete move my post

It has been a very confusing time the last several years. I’ve been around since late 90s with this compund . The last several years have been really off, I don’tv think it’s exclusively the iso thing or it possibly being a very racemic mix…I don’t play with it that much these days but when I do the effects vary wildly.. It is very bizarre. Strange shit, I don’t think there is a definitive answer to this. In the last several years I’ve had one bag with the new “normal” big shards but in the bag upon further inspection I found what looked basically a round shaped, very hard and looked like the pre 2007 Annie dope. And that was an eye opener . It was the first time in several years that I got déjà vu to the old days and this is just one piece in a large bag over years that I had that very distinctive feeling

A unskilled recrystallization or purification is unlikely to make it inert.

Unfortunately no one can really provide much insight insofar as to what is going on with what you have. I am of the opinion that n-iso contamination is probably far less common than is suspected by some, but who knows.

I hadn't sampled this new breed of crystal meth until recently, and definitely found it different than the pseudo based crystal meth that I had years ago. However, the sample of modern crystal meth I had was far from inert. It just felt different, especially when smoked, being far more edgy and adrenergic than any legit d-methamphetamine should ever be.

But again what I had definitely wasn't inactive, and was fairly decent when taken orally. Just far edgier and more peripherally acting than d-meth should be, and with significantly more vasoconstriction (even when applied locally, which to me points to the presence of l-methamphetamine). My view is that this new breed of mexican-made meth likely isn't enantiomerically pure (though I think it is definitely than half d-meth by weight), or it has some active contaminant, or both.

Smoking the stuff was a dead end, not much of a high, consisting mainly of a physical adrenergic rush that wasn't particularly pleasant. Orally though it was decent. Oral administration avoids the rapid onset of other routes, which minimizes the perception of the adrenergic effects, sort of like the difference between snorting MDMA and eating it.