Industrial music goes in here!!

Kmfdm released a new album today on YouTube music!!

Here it is - Hyena

:rockon:

Kmfdm
Krank

"Das eine was ich noch sagen wollte: Das spezifische Ihrer Geste und ihrer Funktion lässt keine andere Möglichkeit sich zu Ihnen in Beziehung zu setzen, als in einer Ecke mit dem Gewehr wartend!"

No idea why this reminds me of Meinhof

Ok, Reznor = King of Industrial.

Watch this man 🤤 He turns pain into art, with a bit of lulz.

In 2018 I was so angry I watched/listened to NIN like a seething monster. So drooling over them is a bonus when feeling better 😉

RUMOURED SUPER-BOWL HALF-TIME 2024

Trent Reznor: "This song is dedicated to Donald Trump."

I haven't looked at the news in almost a week. But a little bird tells me the US Midterm is looking promising

Links 2 3 4 (English: Left 2 3 4) is a song by German band Rammstein. It is a politically charged song, taking aim at early allegations of Nazism against the band by revealing that they are politically left-wing.

Because Germany existed before WWI & II. Who knew??

Ok, Reznor = King of Industrial.

Watch this man 🤤 He turns pain into art, with a bit of lulz.

just a general question: which proper artist doesn't channel their pain into art?
I think that's exactly what makes art great, and why artists like Van Gogh are so popular today.

Art without pain is like air without oxygen

Links 2 3 4 (English: Left 2 3 4) is a song by German band Rammstein. It is a politically charged song, taking aim at early allegations of Nazism against the band by revealing that they are politically left-wing.

Because Germany existed before WWI & II. Who knew??

Links 2 3 4 is "LEFT FOOT RIGHT FOOT LEFT FOOT RIGHT FOOT" in English.

Umm yeah in Germany we are aware of that, not exactly sure how it matters? How does pre-WW1 Germany matter in correlation with Rammstein? it's their nonchalant portrayal of being a Nazi band, which is ofc ironic, but it irritated many people and still has many confused. Rammstein often used Nazi symbols, the Trauergruß(nazi salute) and similar things on their concerts. Yeah, ppl got confused, and some ppl just don't buy the "We're not Nazis, look we made a song about it" - some people only like them because they think they are Nazis. They are quite popular in Nazi circles.
I used to fucking hate Rammstein, tbh. Just because for me as a youth, learning about the NSDAP and Hitler every day in school for 4 years or so,
you start not taking the whole situation as relaxed, and I thought to myself "What a bunch of wankers" - took long for me to take them for a left-wing band, which I still don't really, long after hearing this song.
And there's many people who to this day will think they are right-wing.

You gotta be German to actually understand and feel what they are doing. Nobody speaks German like that, it's completely hyperbolic and overpronounced, like..yes..the Nazis did.
Then some of the words they like using give you a real Nazi feel, which, ofc, is absolutely intentional, but it's ironic from their point of view, and many just don't get that.
Rammstein is not as popular in Germany as they are worldwide.
You're gonna have a hard time getting a true feel for how they use their language, it just screams Nazi, that's why it's so hard for many Germans to accept that that's not what they are.
Many people don't exactly have the notion that it could be ironic, and even if it was, many see it as disrespectful, no matter the intent.

However, they aren't left-wing by a longshot and they have often stated that Links 2 3 4 was just to tell German journalists "no, we're not nazis",
but they don't like left-winged or right-winged people.

They had to make a statement, so their albums wouldn't get banned, or even their concerts forbidden,
all of that has happened in Germany multiple times. There's many bands that had many confrontations with the law or the media because of similar situations. Böhse Onkelz are an example, a lot of people think they're Nazis, and they are super popular among Nazis, because they come from football skinhead culture - and I think 1 or 2 of their albums have been banned. But they're just a punk band

Last edited: