• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Inception

Rate this film:

• Total voters

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
trailer-inception.jpg

Synopsis:
Warner Bros. presents the new film by The Dark Knight's Christopher Nolan, this one taking on a sci-fi psychological spin for the serious-minded action auteur, with Leonardo DiCaprio spearheading the cast. Emma Thomas serves as producer, with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, and Ellen Page rounding out the supporting roles.

teaser trailer
imdb

I like the look of this. :D

here's another image:
NSFW:
tumblr_kwqj2vkzqd1qz9xemo1_400.jpg

i definitely want to see this. :)

This is the kind of filmmaking I like seeing in a big budget blockbuster. The cast did an excellent job. Nolan and Pfister once agan have crafted an excellent story on film that is both well-paced and intriguing. The action sequences are top notch and should receive Oscar consideration. I don't think I found the plot to be as complex as others have from reviews I've read, but it was well-conceived with its explanations and unfolding of events. It felt a little predictable by nature, but left enough in the air to maintain that thrilling sense throughout.

As far as giving people an idea of what this movie is about...well all I can say is it combines elements from films such as Shutter Island, Dark City/Matrix, and Total Recall. :D

I went and saw this last night. It was pretty good.

NSFW:
About 3/4 of the way through I started to feel like the movie was sitting still. That may sound strange to those who've seen it. It just felt a little long winded and the continual stepping down the ladder became redundant. It felt like forward progress had stopped. I think I'd have enjoyed it had about 20 minutes been edited down. Although I did enjoy the movie as a whole regardless.

I also didn't quite understand how certain falls (kicks) made them wake up and others didn't. The whole van flipping over thing should have felt like a tilt/fall to someone.

Wow, this looks amazing. The trailer's soundtrack reminded me a lot of Shutter Island.

It was a decent flick compared to the boring trite that has come so far.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is now known as "COBRA COMMANDER".

You will address him as such.

sorry, had to say it. lulz.

I went and saw this last night. It was pretty good.

NSFW:
About 3/4 of the way through I started to feel like the movie was sitting still. That may sound strange to those who've seen it. It just felt a little long winded and the continual stepping down the ladder became redundant. It felt like forward progress had stopped. I think I'd have enjoyed it had about 20 minutes been edited down. Although I did enjoy the movie as a whole regardless.

I also didn't quite understand how certain falls (kicks) made them wake up and others didn't. The whole van flipping over thing should have felt like a tilt/fall to someone.

IIRC, the kick has to be accompanied by something that is recognizable to the people in the dream, like the music.

It wasn't the best alternate realities film but it was definitely enjoyable and well made. I'd say it's definitely worth the $9.50.

4/5

Poll please?

It was entertaining. It was pretty ambiguous and unrealistic in disappointing ways though.

Maybe I was expecting too much; I went without knowing what it was at all or even who was starring in it, and one of the few tidbits I heard before the showing was "it's like The Matrix."

Definitely the best movie of the summer (not that I've seen Toy Story 3 yet, so this will probably change), the brilliant part is the fact that this was a hairsbreadth from being all kinds of shitty... yet isn't

Total Recall? What have you been smoking, sweet sweet Amy? The Matrix was so much better than Total Recall. Even The Game was a better alternate reality movie. Better mindfuck anyway.

^ three-breasted hookers > Keanu Reeves trying to act, though Hugo Weaving tips the scale slightly back in The Matrix's favour...

Total Recall? What have you been smoking, sweet sweet Amy? The Matrix was so much better than Total Recall. Even The Game was a better alternate reality movie. Better mindfuck anyway.

Total Recall is a great film! I love Arnold though and hate Keanu so whatever. ;)

And although not at all on the same sort of 'alternate realities' dynamic as this, Roshomon clearly is the best alternate flashback film -- which can be argued as 'alternate realities'.