• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

In conservative Pakistan, everybody must get stoned

It's part of a region where these sacrements are part of ancient cultural customs, far outdating the colonial carve-up of the subcontinent and Middle East/North Africa into various arbitrary nation states.
To think that the 20th century political and military rise in power and influence of the United States and its racist prohibition agenda would suddenly put a halt to the use of various plants in and around the birthplace of modern civilisation (as we know it) is kinda wacky and missing the big picture.
Empires come and go - cultures cannot be homogenised by brute force or international treaties.
Hashish originated in these regions...why would it suddenly go away?

But I would not feel so all alone...
(Pretty offensive use of the term "stoned", for those who read it as a bad pun. It has nothing to do with Bob Dylan, and everything to do with sleazy sub-editors)

^What's the difference?

Church - Christianity
Mosque - Islam

If a mosque was suicide-bombed, that's somewhat surprising to me, because I guess I wouldn't expect terrorists who are reported to be Muslim extremists to do such a thing inside a building which is considered holy to them (expect the unexpected?). I have heard and read that different denominations of Islam have clashed with each other in areas in and around Iraq. Still though - to bomb their own places of worship... it's just... odd from my perspective.

Admittedly however, I know very little about Islam, it's denominations, their relations with one another, etc. because I stopped reading about it altogether a few years after 9/11.

I still remember going picking up my newspaper in the morning and most of the time, the front page news was about another bombing in Iraq or Afghanistan (and more scores of dead and wounded). Got to a point where it became a very depressing way to start my day - so that's why I stopped.

It's part of a region where these sacrements are part of ancient cultural customs, far outdating the colonial carve-up of the subcontinent and Middle East/North Africa into various arbitrary nation states.
To think that the 20th century political and military rise in power and influence of the United States and its racist prohibition agenda would suddenly put a halt to the use of various plants in and around the birthplace of modern civilisation (as we know it) is kinda wacky and missing the big picture.
Empires come and go - cultures cannot be homogenised by brute force or international treaties.
Hashish originated in these regions...why would it suddenly go away?

Nice post.

AND Robotnik/Rockstar/Codshit appears to be growing up at last. That's my kind of miracle.