i'm now 5 months clean

dj_esky

Bluelighter
I'm now 5 months clean, and whats really depressing me now that the horror of withdrawal is over is that i'm now unable to reach orgasm no matter how hard i try. Will the sensation of orgasm ever return? or will i have to find some other way to pleasure myself?

its so annoying that I cannot reach that state any more. i'm having the temptation to go back to meth just so i can orgasm.

Will it ever return?

I refuse to take any sort of antidepressant as i believe its just a temporary fix for a problem that can be solved through other means, such as a healthy diet.

I use self hypnosis and NLP to keep my mind at ease and its worked so far.

It depends on how long your addiction lasted. IMO five months isnt enough time to feel normal again if you went ghetto with your drugs, Id give it a year and if it isnt fine by then, realize the suffering is not worth going back to drugs. You may want to try maca, its available at healthfood stores and if it doesnt work, its probably a bad brand. It can work quite well.

Oh... 5 years of meth addiction is very serious. Only time will tell how quickly, and to what extent, youll recover. I wouldnt start doing meth again, though, because life would just end up getting worse and worse and worse. Not worth the first week of relief and the temporarily increased energy.
p.s. Im not sure about the Maca if your situation is absolutely severe, but give it a go. For me it mainly increased sperm and erection, as well as sex drive, but didnt really take me less time to orgasm.

As a fellow male... I feel you. I couldnt even get hard when I was 16 cause of drugs, but that was temporary depression, not a permanent loss of dopamine receptors. Just wait it out until you die is my advice.

Last edited:
I think you may get more responses in SLR-Would you like us to move it over or are you more comfortable keeping it here? Let us know and we can move it over for you........

Congrats on your clean time btw! No small thing!<3

Congratulations on being clean for 5 months. This is an incredible accomplishment and you should be proud. Continue to take it a day at a time and you will be amazed how quickly it goes by.

If you consider how long your addiction went on as well as the overall affect (both physically and psychologically) drug use will be to your body, it should not be surprising that your body is working to wards regulating itself again. It will just take time. Some things will take years before they regulate.

Just continue to focus on your recovery and the rest will come with it.

Maybe try a mild stimulant when you are going to have sex/masturbate. Like methylphenidate (but use carefully) , ephedrine or caffeine. caffeine can help me cum quicker.

are you male or female?

clean from everything? opiates and even pot use can mess with orgasm.

not sure if it will help specifically with orgasm but taking fish oil; DPA/EPA omega3 fatty acids can help the brain heal. have a feeling you might already know this and are taking it.

Gabapentin has been used to help recovering meth/coke addicts to restore some normal function. I've been on it almost 10 years now for back pain (at first it was rx'd for mental issues)... it sometimes still increases my sex drive/decreases time till cumming when i'm peaking on it. never has gained tolerance that i know of either.

I'm male,

I've recently started drinking Damiana tea on a weekly basis which has helped with getting an erection. but the sensation that I used to get when I was using meth no longer occurs.

I've put Omega3 on my shopping list as I know the facts are quite true with this.

I'm not sure where I can get Maca, but I've started to research its uses to see if its okay as a supplement.

and its cool if this thread stays here,

Maybe the orasm feeling will take a few months to come back when you have stopped meth.

Orgasms are basically a dopamine rush ( or some brain chemical ) ..: but when you've been a meth addict for a certain period of time there's prolly not much dopamine left.

And with little dopamine or whatever , comes no orgasm.

Just wait a few weeks/months.
Your brain should have recovered enough for you to orgasm by then.

Man I am really sorry to hear about this, I had no idea 5 years of using meth could do this to you once you quit?

I'm still glad that you've gotten clean for 5 months, that's great work!

In time, I am sure you'll be able to have an orgasm again. My advice is to go to the doctor, they may be able to find out a non-stimulant prescription which could help you out.

( or some brain chemical )

Oxytocin to be exact. Much different (more complex) in nature than dopamine.

Attachments

• oxytocin.png
    oxytocin.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 77
Methylphenidate has shown some benefits as a replacement therapy for individuals dependent on methamphetamine.[40]

^ Elkashef A, Vocci F, Hanson G, White J, Wickes W, Tiihonen J (2008 ). "Pharmacotherapy of methamphetamine addiction: an update". Substance Abuse 29 (3): 31–49. doi:10.1080/08897070802218554. PMID 19042205.

Although since you have 5 months clean, might want to do a personal cost/benefit analysis of getting prescribed a possibly addictive medicine. If you could control it properly, which I am doing now, it could help a lot considering the pharmacology, and what may be lacking in your brain. I just got an rx for it, for "ADD" which I think I have but the doc was reluctant and thinks its my depression; he agreed to let me try.

I've noticed it has helped me focus more and be more social, and it is quicker to orgasm; but I wouldn't call it pleasurable. I don't want it to be though, cause I do have addictive tendencies towards certain drugs (such as being currently nicotine dependent and past opiate issues).

I've been into meth at times, and feel sorry you had to go through such a long run with it. It is damaging, so think about talking to a doctor about ritalin if you think its necessary to live a more normal life.

*wellbutrin could also help. in my younger years i basically went through all antidepressant categories looking for something to help. anything involving serotonin either had too many side effects or made me feel worse eventually. wellbutrin (bupropion) is the only one that really helped, but it killed my appetite too much. it actually increased sex desire/orgasm feeling.

sorry to say that I doubt eating healthy will help you orgasm, but its good to do. you may need time; some say for addiction recovery, it takes as long as you were addicted to feel better, but that is a shady statement.

If I was your doctor, I'd get you to try wellbutrin a while, and if that didn't work, ritalin xr 20mg once in the morning.

Last edited:
^ yeah i was gonna say .

Like when you jack off im sure its more of a dopamine thing cause your just jacking off purley to the sexy woman that you just wanna fuck hard .

But when you are fuckin a loved one i think its more of an oxytocin rush , due to the fact that your being passionate and you actually love them ..

So yeah i think hiss is right . Different chems are prolly released , in different situations as well .

i'm basically quitting all forms of amphetamine, including Dexamphetamine which i'm prescribed for ADHD, i'm now 1 month clean from that amphetamine. but Methamphetamine 5 months clean.

its good to read that the sensations I used to get may return and thats enough inspiration to stay off all Amphetamines.

5 years of use is without a doubt long enough to cause some long lasting effects, as some others said it'll probably just take some time for you body to re-adjust itself to not having any drugs in it. Just stay the course and it'll almost definitely get better over time. On the other hand using again is a very, very bad idea. All that will do is ensure that when the time comes that you have to stop again that you'll have even more of an issue, and that you'll have undone any work you've done so far.

Props on staying clean though, it can really be tough sometimes.

Congrats man good job :). In my shot life I've only stopped twice for the amount of time you're clean. My DOC were opiates though, but I wasn't able to have an orgasm for about 8 months after I quit. I don't know why either, no doctor was ablee to answer/help me. It went away after a while though. Just wanted to tell you, you aren't the only one. Sorry I couldn't answer the question. Again good job man.

So you have one month clean from basic ADD doses... even if low it was constant bombardment to your brain, inhibiting recovery. like with an opioid addict, if they were maintained on a small dose it would be easier to quit but still greatly hinder recovery. (as i've found out personally, being on small doses; it is still a huge leap to being on nothing at all)

One month isn't enough time. I bet 5 months truly clean will be a changing point for you. That will be 9 months away from meth, ready for a new birth :)

It will be gradual, and most importantly, it will not be a gradual better and better, it will be up and down, but with an upward trend.

~~~Good luck. stay off the meth. one use could reset your brain.and ruin all progress. the brain doesn't operate fairly. brain + drugs = more pay less play

well what can I say, I slipped up.
I was cleaning my storage room and found a forgotten stash. I've now tweaked like crazy for 2 days, and I have learned from this experience that i'm having that going back to meth hasn't solved my problem of being unable to orgasm.

So i'm just going to ride it out. and now I have an answer to my question that being the damage has being done, and I just got to stay positive about never touching the shit again and hope my body will someday recover.

all I have to calm my nerves is some tobacco and some trance music.

i'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment.

Do you have any problem getting an erection, or just experiencing orgasm? Do you have a strong sex drive?

There is some real science behind some herbs that can increase sex drive....Ashwaghanda and Korean Red Panax Ginseng can build up in your system and promote an increase in sex hormones. Ginseng has been shown to increase sperm count, the red Chinese and Korean. Ashwhaganda becomes sort of an aphrodisiac with prolonged use. Its relaxing at night, but you wake up with more energy and a slight tingling after about 2 weeks of nightly use.

Also, Shou Wu Chi is used in Chinese medicine to nourish your adrenals after they have been depleted, and you can count on them being depleted if not physically atrophied. You need those adrenal hormones because they are part of a feedback loop with your sex hormones.

Circulation is another problem. You probably did a number on your cardio-vascular system and may have stressed the valves that keep blood inside the penis...Nitric oxide is a factor, and there are dietary changes you can do to keep nitric oxide levels where they should be, but also I would eat blueberries as there is something in the skin that is protective of your arteries and blood brain barrier.

I would make sure there is plenty of arginine in your diet, from sources like peanuts.

Also, a small daily dose of Catuaba all by itself if not in conjunction with the above is a remedy from latin America that really builds sex drive in a strong way.....use caution combining some of these with amphetamines though as they can increase blood pressure.....supplementing your adrenals with ginseng and Shou Wu Chi can mean that you will have a stronger effect from amphetamines because amphetamines cause the release of adrenal hormones.

Zinc deficiency is recognized in mainstream medicine as a cause of impotence.