Help! Im not sure I understand.

T3nnessee

Greenlighter
Ok so Im new here, but ive actually been a member for a little while, just never posted. Im just going to start right in. Recently, just about a week ago, everything started falling apart through no fault of my own, that im aware of anyways, and has continued to get worse up until a couple days ago. I dont know how much more I can handle, I mean this is bullshit. So it started with my girl and I getting evicted from a place that we thought were friends. The only excuse is they want there house back. We lived there for almost a year and wasnt aware of any problems, just a sudden eviction notice. So another "friend" let us move into his house, only it wasnt his house. We had to leave suddenly again. So now we are living in our car. We get woken one night by the police. We both went to jail for sleeping in a park! What? They impounded our car even though no charges were actually filed. I lost all my tools for work, lost everything we had left. I cant work now so no money. I am a heroin addict, but that has never interfered with life or work, so that cant be the problem, can it? Ive used for over 20 years with no issues. Until now because im almost out. Please help me because I cant do much more of this. Im at a loss.

Hey there, welcome to The Dark Side and thank you for posting.

Am I to assume you are located in TN? I don't know in what city you are located and you don't have to give this info. But I would begin looking for help from people bigger than you. By that I mean, start looking for help from non-profit agencies, government organizations, and even churches or religious organizations. A good start is a homeless shelter. They often have case workers who can connect you with other services in the community. They may have connections for jobs or may send you to church that offers donations to get your car out of impound. Depending on locality, some may even off help with rent and getting a place to stay or even hook you up with an apartment or other housing. Obviously a homeless shelter is a place to stay as well but the ones I've been in can be rough as far as housing other criminals and addicts. Be careful in places like that and never leave your property unattended as theft is a risk.

The heroin addiction may not be what caused all this but may exacerbate things when looking for work or trying to keep from getting sick. Another thing some cities have are community clinics where one can find low or no cost mental health and/or substance abuse services like opioid replacement therapy and stuff like that. Once again, a homeless shelter is typically a place that can help connect people with those types of things.

Best of luck and please keep us updated. Much love <3

Sleep only where you can hide
Pigs just want to fine and tie you up till you cannot buy your way out of a privatized profit cage

Thank you for responding to my post. Im actually in Las Vegas, but im from Tennessee. I did some research and im going to check in to a mental health facility that also does medically assisted detox and rehab. My girl and I both are. I will definitely keep you posted. Im actually looking forward to not have to depend on a drug to be normal.

Thank you for responding to my post. Im actually in Las Vegas, but im from Tennessee. I did some research and im going to check in to a mental health facility that also does medically assisted detox and rehab. My girl and I both are. I will definitely keep you posted. Im actually looking forward to not have to depend on a drug to be normal.
Seems like this is the right thing to do. With your car impounded and having no where to stay at least you will both be safe and warm and off the street. And who knows, maybe it's just what you both need to get your lives back on track and get a place together again. Sounds like methadone would be a good fit after rehab and I hear once you get into these places they have all kinds of resources to help you get back on your feet.

Good luck to both of you.