• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I'm moving to Australia with ADD.. Help!

NevertoolateRN

Greenlighter
I have been taking Addherall XR for two years now. I am moving to Sydney come January an just found out that this medication is not available. I have been taking medication for ADHD since the 4th grade. The best medication that aids in my focus thus far has been Addherall. I am wondering if any physicians or fellow soon to be neighbors can tell me what the equivalent medication is or atleast something comparable to what I am taking now. Thanks in advance with any answers to come!

Hey dude, you are correct you don't get Adderall here.

The main ADD meds I am aware of and have experience with are dexamphetamine and methylphenidate. Dexamphetamine would be closer pharmacologically to adderall but I think you only get 5mg IR tabs, with methylphenidate you get several XR formulations so perhaps this would be more appropriate. I would speak to your doctor and ask out of dexamphetamine and methylphenidate what kind of dosing schedule would best replicate your current one.

^ What D_M said. You only get instant release dexamphetamine or methylphenidate, or long-release methylphenidate. Or other drugs that are used for ADD such as Strattera, etc...