• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm in treatment again finally..

Purposefull

Bluelighter
Years of heroin got me into treatment for 10 years and I weened off methadone over a 2 year period to zero and enjoyed a brief time clean and sober of about 5 years. I then started taking morphine pills for a back pain issue which lead me to using used fentanyl patches for about 5 years. After dealing with the last clinic I went to I was loath to do that again, but I had no choice this time , but I'm glad I did. I've been in treatment now about 7 months and started off (methadone) @30mgs.. That was too much for me so I dropped immediately to 25 and now down to 10mgs. I figure about 5 months to go and I'll be back to clean and sober again. (-1mg every two weeks) The new clinic I go to in South Carolina is the best clinic BY FAR I ever went to..
I'm no longer having to deal with deep depression like I was and no longer having to be a caregiver for elderly people. My late father passed away back in March. I miss him, but do NOT miss the daily grind of all that insanity of dealing with elderly folks and their unrelenting selfishness. I spent the past 20+ years playing the caregiver role for elderly people and the next elderly person I'll do that for will be myself and my wife and I might even give up on us both before life becomes like it was then. We're both over 60 now. She's 71 and I'm 61 so we're not too far away from our own elderly years. Luckily I work again running my own home improvement and cabinet making gigs.. The money is good and I'm about to buy a brand new table saw for about $2000. I'm just driving myself nuts trying to figure out exactly which saw I want to buy, but I'll settle on one eventually. I need to have the ability to cut full plywood sheets on the fly so yeah..Life has gotten MUCH better than 7 years ago when I was living in a shed taking care of an elderly woman..
My biggest fear now is how to deal with pain because I know it's coming. I had to move a granite counter top recently and I just don't have the same muscle I once did and I do work in a fairly dangerous occupation where nasty cuts with sharp tools are common. I've had to get stitched up several times in the past few years so one nasty slip up can lead me right back down the same path of stopping pain again.. I could quit working, but then me and the old woman would argue daily. Work gets me out of the house..YEY!