• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos i'm i going to get withdrawals from using bromazepram for only 1month at a low dose?

sceet3g

Greenlighter
hey everyone, i got perscribed bromazepram 4.5mg once a day, 4.5mg of bromazepram = around 0.8mg of xanax, i took that for 5weeks and i'm tapping out since a week to 3mg and i didn't get any withdrawals i guess, i'm asking if is it possible to get those horrible withdrawals i hear on the net after i keep tapping off? i wanna tap of 1.5mg every week and cut it off at 1.5mg, so my last dose will be after 2weeks, i'm i supposed to get the withdrawals of a benzo will i'm tapping out with safety and just after 5 to 6weeks of use at a low dose? should i be worried or not? cause i'm really terrified of the stories i hear about the withdrawals of benzos. thanks in advence.​
the doctor told me that i won't feel anything since you're using it for a short period and at such a low dose and you're tapping it slowely. is it true?

Hey there sceet3g! I see that you're a new face, so I would definitely like to give you a warm welcome to the forums. We'll be here for you throughout your membership for whatever your needs may be and in return, we hope that you can become a valuable contributing member of the community!

Regarding your query, one month of Benzodiazepine usage at a reasonable dosage will certainly not cause withdrawal to the extent of some of the horror stories that you have read about. Those who experience intense, protracted withdrawal are typically those who have been using Benzodiazepines chronically and at a higher dosage than what you are into.

Now, I'm not going to say that you won't experience anything. You've been taking Benzodiazepines for a full month, so although you will not experience a severe syndrome, you might experience some very mild withdrawal symptoms upon cessation. A little bit of heightened anxiety, possibly some minor insomnia, but again, nothing to worry about. I think the most likely event is that you will experience extremely mild symptoms or nothing at all.

At any rate, you have nothing to worry about. If you experience any symptoms, they will be mild, so don't worry.

Hey there sceet3g! I see that you're a new face, so I would definitely like to give you a warm welcome to the forums. We'll be here for you throughout your membership for whatever your needs may be and in return, we hope that you can become a valuable contributing member of the community!

Regarding your query, one month of Benzodiazepine usage at a reasonable dosage will certainly not cause withdrawal to the extent of some of the horror stories that you have read about. Those who experience intense, protracted withdrawal are typically those who have been using Benzodiazepines chronically and at a higher dosage than what you are into.

Now, I'm not going to say that you won't experience anything. You've been taking Benzodiazepines for a full month, so although you will not experience a severe syndrome, you might experience some very mild withdrawal symptoms upon cessation. A little bit of heightened anxiety, possibly some minor insomnia, but again, nothing to worry about. I think the most likely event is that you will experience extremely mild symptoms or nothing at all.

At any rate, you have nothing to worry about. If you experience any symptoms, they will be mild, so don't worry.

thanks for your answers, really appreciated!
those mild withdrawals symptoms are going probably to happen when i cut off from 1.5mg to nothing? 1.5mg of bromazepram = 0.2mg of xanax btw. or even when i tap of? cause when i tapp off from 4.5mg to 3mg i had no withdrawals as long as i know. so is it possible that i'll not feel anything at all when i cut off from 1.5mg to nothing? and if i did experience some mild withdrawals, how much they're going to last in your opinion? thanks in advence!

I'm being pretty conservative in my estimates man, which is good news for you. If you're at the dose that you've described and you're doing well, that's a good indication that the last leg of the taper will be easy. If, and that's a big if, you do end up with withdrawal symptoms, I wouldn't expect them to last more than 2-3 days at most. I actually have a little bit of experience with this.

I was in a Psych ward, withdrawing from Heroin and they were giving me 4mg Clonazepam everyday in divided doses for 14 days. When I was released, I experienced a very minor instance of increased anxiety for one day. By the next day, I was essentially normal. It's hard to stop any habit really. I mean, if I wake up in the morning and don't have coffee, it's a major mindfuck because I have coffee every single morning and when I don't have it, there's a feeling of anxiety and a sense that I literally just can't start my day.

My point is, as I've said, it will ultimately be a mild experience and the most likely result is going to be no withdrawal symptoms at all, but I didn't want to give you false information, so I made a fairly conservative estimate.

I'm being pretty conservative in my estimates man, which is good news for you. If you're at the dose that you've described and you're doing well, that's a good indication that the last leg of the taper will be easy. If, and that's a big if, you do end up with withdrawal symptoms, I wouldn't expect them to last more than 2-3 days at most. I actually have a little bit of experience with this.

I was in a Psych ward, withdrawing from Heroin and they were giving me 4mg Clonazepam everyday in divided doses for 14 days. When I was released, I experienced a very minor instance of increased anxiety for one day. By the next day, I was essentially normal. It's hard to stop any habit really. I mean, if I wake up in the morning and don't have coffee, it's a major mindfuck because I have coffee every single morning and when I don't have it, there's a feeling of anxiety and a sense that I literally just can't start my day.

My point is, as I've said, it will ultimately be a mild experience and the most likely result is going to be no withdrawal symptoms at all, but I didn't want to give you false information, so I made a fairly conservative estimate.
thanks bro, you really helped me i was really terrified from those stories i read about quitting a benzo. thanks a lot again! you really cheered me up

^No problem, I'm happy that I was able to make you feel better! Sometimes, it's really an important component of withdrawal to have emotional support. Someone who is operating in the "real world" and can give you some support and perspective. Good luck man and let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Hi Sceet, no problem man you only had bromazepam for a month at the relative low dose of 4.5 mg and that?s a dose not even equal to 10 mg diazepam so what you can expect in some extent are so called rebound feelings this means that the reasons you received bromazepam for will be felt a bit stronger then before you started the benzo, but bromazepam ehh i forgot all my equivalence tables not really though so let me think for a second bromazepam is a medium haflflife time benzo this is important in so far to know that bromazepam slightly accumulated in you meaning the final dose you take will feel to act a little longer.

If you really like to prevent anything unwanted related to this benzo then throw in ten days of taper preferably only a week at 4.5mg then 3.5 three days later then 2.5 three days later then 1.5mg three days later from there you step off and you should be fine with maybe very maybe a little rebound, but i think as good as nothing for the relative short time you take this substance.

Maybe you have some gabapentin around(or pregabalin) if really needed that stuff can eliminate nearly unlikely to happen rebound effects, but if you dont waste much thought without having yourself scared about benzo withdrawal stories then likely nothing bad will be experienced, because bromazepam was to me one of the first benzos i acquired decades ago using it in 12 to 24 mg doses per day for about two months then my benzo doctor retired leaving me without the benzo and i felt nothing unpleasant afterwards, because two months didn?tmake me dependent yet so your 4.5 surely didn?t make you dependent in just a month so why those rebound effects you might ask in the idea that if that would happen it means dependency and just that aint true no what happens is that benzo?s make the neurotransmitter GABA more potent by attaching certain places at the benzo receptors well then this effect stops when you stop the benzo making your body and brain be without the potentiating effect on GABA leading to, in your case if at all, maybe some insomnia still i keep saying nothing unpleasant will happen, because i think your fear is the result of reading about benzo badness. GABA is one of the main neurotransmitters in our body and potentiating this one causes inhibitory effects, which we feel by being more calm.

A real benzo withdrawal is a horrible matter, but depending on the benzo type i would say it takes several months of daily use before dependency becomes fact so i hope i was able to remove your fears, because its very good you ask for advise and here you have it together with the advises from the other people in this thread so you?re welcome ofcourse. In case of questions i hope i can find this thread back again.
Best regards, Freek. (the NL)

thanks for the replies everyone
i got another question if i'll get some insomnia later can i use periactine (Cyproheptadine) to help me sleep? is it safe to do that while tapping off a benzo? cause i heard there's some drugs you shouldn't be using when you're tapping off a benzo and i'm wondering if Cyproheptadine is one of them, or is it safe to use it to get some sleep? i used to take Cyproheptadine in the past and it knocks me out for 10hours sleep. is it safe to take it? thanks in advence

Sure.

Some antihistamines like doxylamine, diphenhydramine or hydroxyzine in at least moderate doses in the evening would also help you wind down. They are also quite safe to use.

Also be aware that psychology is important. It tends to be a natural reaction to fear trouble sleeping and can easily become a detrimental thing when we react to said anxiety poorly. Such as "trying" to sleep or trying to control it too much. Maybe your sleep will be fine, maybe it wont, and that's OKAY. Approach each night with realistic and mindful expectations; it also isnt the end of the world if you get some insomnia. It happens to everyone. And either way youll come out of this a-okay. I've been in the mindspace of sleep-anxiety, and im actually coming off myself at the moment, so just dont fuel the fire by buying into the anxious thoughts/possibilities and amplifying them without need.

Best of luck.