• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm free of phinibut.

So how many days on is safe with Phen?
perhaps 1 each 3 days? 2 days on 2days off??
I would like to try it
Phenibut is awesome, but its mild nature makes it really easy to justify daily use.

You could probably do 1 day on 2 or 3 days off for quite some time without much in the way of withdrawals, but I imagine that after some time (weeks or months, I'm not sure) some sort of dependence will develop. Probably not the horrible full blown withdrawals from daily use, but I imagine after a few months of using once every 3 days you might experience some rebound anxiety on the off days, maybe some anhedonia. I'd feel more comfortable with 1 day on 2 days off than I would 2 days on 2 days off. Still, once a week or less is ideal, but one can get away with using more often. As long as you dont use more than 2g in a day and have at the very least one day between uses, ideally at least 2 or 3 days, you can keep up regular use for a while.

I'd use a lot of caution if you've had issues with benzos or alcohol in the past. I have had my fair share of issues with benzos in the past and found myself using phenibut daily basically from the day I got it despite initially not getting much of a noticeable effect and "not really liking" the effect, and I obviously got addicted. It can also find it causes me to be a bit more reckless, sort of like benzos but not so extreme. Like I tend to spend more money than I should, so If I'm on phenibut and going out I'll bring X amount of cash and leave my cards at home. I'm more likely to partake in other substances when I shouldn't. Stuff like that. Overall though, Phenibut is awesome and a great tool. I try to keep it on hand for interviews or long days so that I can stay in a chipper and social mood without feeling much emotional drain half way through. It's also great for pre-loading for a psychedelic trip because it tends to keep one in a positive, happy-go-lucky frame of mind

So how many days on is safe with Phen?
perhaps 1 each 3 days? 2 days on 2days off??
I would like to try it

I took it daily for months and I was scared that I'd get withdrawal, but then I was in a situation where I had to travel on short notice and I forgot to bring it with me. Nothing noticeable ever really happened though. I don't think I took a tiny dose either. I took it once a day. I'm not saying that people don't get withdrawal from it, but it wasn't bad for me.

I took it daily for months and I was scared that I'd get withdrawal, but then I was in a situation where I had to travel on short notice and I forgot to bring it with me. Nothing noticeable ever really happened though. I don't think I took a tiny dose either. I took it once a day. I'm not saying that people don't get withdrawal from it, but it wasn't bad for me.
but how was your dose? 500mg? 300mg? 1000mg??
more or less I mean

Phenibut is awesome, but its mild nature makes it really easy to justify daily use.

You could probably do 1 day on 2 or 3 days off for quite some time without much in the way of withdrawals, but I imagine that after some time (weeks or months, I'm not sure) some sort of dependence will develop. Probably not the horrible full blown withdrawals from daily use, but I imagine after a few months of using once every 3 days you might experience some rebound anxiety on the off days, maybe some anhedonia. I'd feel more comfortable with 1 day on 2 days off than I would 2 days on 2 days off. Still, once a week or less is ideal, but one can get away with using more often. As long as you dont use more than 2g in a day and have at the very least one day between uses, ideally at least 2 or 3 days, you can keep up regular use for a while.

I'd use a lot of caution if you've had issues with benzos or alcohol in the past. I have had my fair share of issues with benzos in the past and found myself using phenibut daily basically from the day I got it despite initially not getting much of a noticeable effect and "not really liking" the effect, and I obviously got addicted. It can also find it causes me to be a bit more reckless, sort of like benzos but not so extreme. Like I tend to spend more money than I should, so If I'm on phenibut and going out I'll bring X amount of cash and leave my cards at home. I'm more likely to partake in other substances when I shouldn't. Stuff like that. Overall though, Phenibut is awesome and a great tool. I try to keep it on hand for interviews or long days so that I can stay in a chipper and social mood without feeling much emotional drain half way through. It's also great for pre-loading for a psychedelic trip because it tends to keep one in a positive, happy-go-lucky frame of mind
how about F-phenibut? some people say it's better some others say it's more dangerous in terms of addictiveness...
do you know about it?
interesting and thoroughly explained report of yours, thanks.

F-Phenibut is way less recreational than Phebibut HCL for me @Neuroborean, its good for some anxiety relief and sleep. But the main effect for me is just tiredness, no true euphoria. When i use Phenibut HCL sparingly i get a very nice uplifting euphoria and i feel social and outgoing. Also sleep like a baby that night.

As far as addiction goes with Phenibut HCL, it absolutely horrible once you get locked into daily use. At one point i was using 5 gram doses multiple times daily for about a year. It was bad and i would feel overwhelming anxiety when the doses started to wear off. Couldnt sleep thru the night straight, the anxiety it caused was just eo bad tho its very similar to Benzo Withdrawal.

Congrats on getting off @Draygoes
When you decide to start using it again go for once a week minimum it works so much better that way. Even once a month if you could it makes it so much more euphoric. Tolerance develops to this drug rapidly, and it loses the magic.

It's been a while but I think it was 700 mg. I wouldn't worry about taking a dose like that for multiple days but that's just me.
Yeah, I'm doing fine with 6-12 grams of kratom a day, normally I'm able to do t-breaks every 2-3 months (20days off now for example)...
I'm usually not super fan of GABA receptor agonists, I could use lorazepam (of my ex-gf) often if I wanted and I didn't... same for lormetazepam for sleeping,
it's usually not my thing, but I may like to use phenibut functionally from time to time.

Yeah, I'm doing fine with 6-12 grams of kratom a day, normally I'm able to do t-breaks every 2-3 months (20days off now for example)...
I'm usually not super fan of GABA receptor agonists, I could use lorazepam (of my ex-gf) often if I wanted and I didn't... same for lormetazepam for sleeping,
it's usually not my thing, but I may like to use phenibut functionally from time to time.

You seem to have things under more control than I can typically keep them. Kind of impressive that you can use that much Kratom each day for 2-3 months straight and take 20 days off. A little off track, but I'm curious, using Kratom daily for 2-3 days and then stopping, do you experience any negative effects or discomfort whatsoever? Or do you experience some discomfort but its mild enough that you can push through?

Kratom is surprisingly moreish for me, and once addicted I'll start experiencing physical WD symptoms well before my last dose has worn off, and tolerance builds fast. I can begin my kratom use using just 4 or 5g a day, but within like 2 weeks I'm almost sure to be nearing 20g a day. Not to mention that before my on and off Kratom addiction and relapses, I had been addicted to Morphine for a year or two, usually using 100-400mg a day. Sometimes less if I was running out and had to make sure I could get through the next day or two. So kindling effect does come into play and unfortunatelyy I now start to experience WD symptoms within a couple of days when I use opioids, even Kratom.

Even with benzos I have been physically addicted multiple times, even despite the fact that I don't really find their effects enjoyable or recreational. Clonazolam is the only one that I have found has recreational value for me. GABAergics I have never really enjoyed. GHB is okay but not great, benzos kinda suck, Z-Drugs kinda suck. I do love Soma and the one barbiturate I tried I enjoyed. Alcohol I can't stand. I usually fall into addiction with benzos to counteract the overstimulation, insomnia and anxiety caused by stimulants. I'm a classic Upper-downer cycle addict. Phenibut is the only gabaergic I have tried that I actually find recreational and that I really enjoy its effects basically every time that I take it. It sucks when you take too much but other than that its pretty great, despite being fairly mild.

Like I said, seems like you have more of a handle on your drug use than I, but this being a harm reduction forum, I still have to caution you to be careful. Phenibut is very much unlike any other gabaergic that I've tried. It's mild as I've said, therefore it can be insidious and very easy to justify using multiple days in a row. Before long rebound anxiety will hit and one willl tend to take phenibut to relieve the rebound, and the cycle continues into addiction. It's also a gabapentinoid and similarly to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, works on Voltage-Dependent Calcium Channels. So that mechanism of action paired with it being a full agonist of the GABA-B receptor make it addictive in two separate ways. GABA agonist addiction and withdrawal is awful, and I hear that VDCC blocker withdrawal is pretty darn horrible in its own ways. I have been addicted to Phenibut and withdrawan from it and it's very similar to Benzo WD in a lot of ways, and benzo WD is literal hell on earth.

So I just urge you to be cautious. Try to be careful to recognize thought patterns of justifying breaking your predetermined schedule, whether its one day on 2 days off or 2 days on 2 days off or whatever. If one makes a justification once, then it becomes much easier to justify again. If you stick to your schedule, then there shouldn't be really any issues.

Best of luck and I apologize for my ramble!

You seem to have things under more control than I can typically keep them. Kind of impressive that you can use that much Kratom each day for 2-3 months straight and take 20 days off. A little off track, but I'm curious, using Kratom daily for 2-3 days and then stopping, do you experience any negative effects or discomfort whatsoever? Or do you experience some discomfort but its mild enough that you can push through?

Kratom is surprisingly moreish for me, and once addicted I'll start experiencing physical WD symptoms well before my last dose has worn off, and tolerance builds fast. I can begin my kratom use using just 4 or 5g a day, but within like 2 weeks I'm almost sure to be nearing 20g a day. Not to mention that before my on and off Kratom addiction and relapses, I had been addicted to Morphine for a year or two, usually using 100-400mg a day. Sometimes less if I was running out and had to make sure I could get through the next day or two. So kindling effect does come into play and unfortunatelyy I now start to experience WD symptoms within a couple of days when I use opioids, even Kratom.

Even with benzos I have been physically addicted multiple times, even despite the fact that I don't really find their effects enjoyable or recreational. Clonazolam is the only one that I have found has recreational value for me. GABAergics I have never really enjoyed. GHB is okay but not great, benzos kinda suck, Z-Drugs kinda suck. I do love Soma and the one barbiturate I tried I enjoyed. Alcohol I can't stand. I usually fall into addiction with benzos to counteract the overstimulation, insomnia and anxiety caused by stimulants. I'm a classic Upper-downer cycle addict. Phenibut is the only gabaergic I have tried that I actually find recreational and that I really enjoy its effects basically every time that I take it. It sucks when you take too much but other than that its pretty great, despite being fairly mild.

Like I said, seems like you have more of a handle on your drug use than I, but this being a harm reduction forum, I still have to caution you to be careful. Phenibut is very much unlike any other gabaergic that I've tried. It's mild as I've said, thg a fullerefore it can be insidious and very easy to justify using multiple days in a row. Before long rebound anxiety will hit and one willl tend to take phenibut to relieve the rebound, and the cycle continues into addiction. It's also a gabapentinoid and similarly to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, works on Voltage-Dependent Calcium Channels. So that mechanism of action paired with it bein agonist of the GABA-B receptor make it addictive in two separate ways. GABA agonist addiction and withdrawal is awful, and I hear that VDCC blocker withdrawal is pretty darn horrible in its own ways. I have been addicted to Phenibut and withdrawan from it and it's very similar to Benzo WD in a lot of ways, and benzo WD is literal hell on earth.

So I just urge you to be cautious. Try to be careful to recognize thought patterns of justifying breaking your predetermined schedule, whether its one day on 2 days off or 2 days on 2 days off or whatever. If one makes a justification once, then it becomes much easier to justify again. If you stick to your schedule, then there shouldn't be really any issues.

Best of luck and I apologize for my ramble!
Won't reply a super long post since I'm pretty busy and need to go out of home for at least a couple hours...

in my case I don't use kratom recreationally, if I did I would be lost. At one point I thought and convinced myself that I was using marijuana in a "medicinal" way, I think I was simply addicted to the tobacco I was mixing it with and psychologically addicted to the calm and soothing feeling of the weed. But in any case I have ADHD which makes it more logical to need "something" to function.

I use kratom because it helps with my type 1 diabetes more than anything else, and it also regulates my mood and my "moodiness" which I think is a product of both the ADHD and diabetes.
For me it is hardly euphoric, if I were chasing euphoria I would be using +20gpd but that is not my intention, I prefer to use stimulants or psychedelics occasionally rather than be a slave to opioid receptors.

So every time I do a break I have a week or 10 days of mild euphoria at virtually every dose, then a month of euphoria at the first dose of the day, then virtually nothing and by then it's purely functional and/or medicinal. At least I always control the dosage. When I get bored of it or I run off it I just wait for a month more or less, among other things because the packages take a long time to arrive where I live (sometimes more than a month) so I take it easy and try not to take it like a "junkie", worried to always have it with me.

To answer your question, when I used to use 2 or 3 days and then stop I don't remember having any problems or withdrawal symptoms, I don't know what would happen now. I am happy with my usual dosage although I am thinking of going back to occasional use, 2-4 doses a week, but only when my personal situation improves....

It's good that you don't like GABAergics, I guess it will be the same for me with phenibut in relation to the rest of the GABAergics, the fact is that I find alcohol garbage, but I find blue lotus wine a very useful and interesting drink.

I will follow your advice and comment my experience here or in another thread, thanks!!!!