• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

If the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia is true...

blase deviant

Bluelighter
...why is it that I hear no or less voices on Adderall/Dexedrine, until the comedown, when I hear more but they don't bug me that much.?

the dopamine hypothesis is vastly oversimplified and the neurochemical reasons for the manifestation of schizophrenia not entirely understood.

blase deviant said:
...why is it that I hear no or less voices on Adderall/Dexedrine, until the comedown, when I hear more but they don't bug me that much.?

what do the voices tell you?

Right now they're echoing my future drug plans. Sometimes they tell me to shut up.

Mine have always told me they are coming to get me or that i have done way too much.

blase deviant said:
If the dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia is true...
blase deviant said:

Maybe you're not schizophrenic...
If you don't hear voices while you're on Adderall/Dexedrine, but only you're coming down, maybe the "voices" are caused by stimulant (Adderal/Dexedrine) withdrawal...

Now about the "dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia"; schizophrenic people who hear voices stop hearing voices when they take a Dopamine antagonist (Thorazine, Haldol, Seroquel, Zyprexa or any other antipsychotic), so I guess Dopamine has to do something with schizophrenia....

I forgot to add that I rarely ever take adderall/dexedrine, don't take it daily.

I unfortunately can't get a script now that I'm schizophrenic.

blase deviant said:
I forgot to add that I rarely ever take adderall/dexedrine, don't take it daily.

I unfortunately can't get a script now that I'm schizophrenic.

If you're a schizophrenic, you shouldn't tale stimulants like Adderall or Dexedrine, they will make your schizophrenic symptoms worse.
You need to take an antipsychotic (Seroquel, Zyprexa, Solian, Haldol, Thorazine, Abilify, etc...)

have hydergine or bromocriptine ever been studied in schizophrenia treatment? In age related dementia they perform shockingly well. Of course, the two are different.