• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Op-Ed If Purdue Pharma is bankrupt and defunct, why can I still get their product?

FunctionalJnkieGrl

Bluelighter
Just wondering. I would think if they no longer sold oxycontin, I wouldn't be able to find any. (If I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize. Thought Op-Ed might be an abbreviation for "opioid epidemic".

They filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, which allows them to continue operating normally. The government has not seized their assets or loans. I bet they're still selling brand name oxycontin, too. :rolleyes:

"A case filed under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code is frequently referred to as a "reorganization" bankruptcy. Usually, the debtor remains “in possession,” has the powers and duties of a trustee, may continue to operate its business, and may, with court approval, borrow new money. A plan of reorganization is proposed, creditors whose rights are affected may vote on the plan, and the plan may be confirmed by the court if it gets the required votes and satisfies certain legal requirements."

They filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, which allows them to continue operating normally. The government has not seized their assets or loans. I bet they're still selling brand name oxycontin, too. :rolleyes:

"A case filed under chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code is frequently referred to as a "reorganization" bankruptcy. Usually, the debtor remains “in possession,” has the powers and duties of a trustee, may continue to operate its business, and may, with court approval, borrow new money. A plan of reorganization is proposed, creditors whose rights are affected may vote on the plan, and the plan may be confirmed by the court if it gets the required votes and satisfies certain legal requirements."

"Veins, Planes, and Automobiles"

Also: "Oxycodone has been in clinical use since 1917.1 It has been administered to human beings intravenously (i.v.),2, 3 intramuscularly (i.m.),4 intranasally (i.n.),3 subcutaneously (s.c.),5 rectally,6 epidurally,7 and orally using immediate-release solutions,4, 8, 9, 10 and immediate- and controlled-release tablets.11 The transdermal route of administration has also been tested in animals.12" -"Oxycontin", Journal of Pain and Symptom Management Volume 29, Issue 5, pg.s 47-56 [https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0885392405000369]

Goddamn that's some ambition right there.
---
re your user pic: My brother was the Alf fan in our family. He'd be happy but not surprised that Alf has no fucks to give

Last edited:
"Veins, Planes, and Automobiles"

Also: "Oxycodone has been in clinical use since 1917.1 It has been administered to human beings intravenously (i.v.),2, 3 intramuscularly (i.m.),4 intranasally (i.n.),3 subcutaneously (s.c.),5 rectally,6 epidurally,7 and orally using immediate-release solutions,4, 8, 9, 10 and immediate- and controlled-release tablets.11 The transdermal route of administration has also been tested in animals.12" -"Oxycontin", Journal of Pain and Symptom Management Volume 29, Issue 5, pg.s 47-56 [https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0885392405000369]

Goddamn that's some ambition right there.
---
re your user pic: My brother was the Alf fan in our family. He'd be happy but not surprised that Alf has no fucks to give
I'm an Alf fan as well.