• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants If I go 5 days without Dex w/ No WD does that mean I'm not dependent?

So I was a SERIOUS amp user for about 6 years. I'd go through 200mg+ a day of adderall, often staying up for 4-7 days on end. Once I'd successfully gone off of it I experienced all kind of issues (needing at least 10 hours of sleep, uncontrollable diet/weight gain, no self control, no energy etc) All that said I never really considered those "withdrawl" symptoms, as they don't really seem to get any better? I categorize it more along the lines of long-term brain damage? I mean as I was going off them I slept for days on end, and felt depressed. Those are withdrawl symptoms. They eventually got better. But never, ever, have I felt even 1/10th of the person I was when on stims.

Yeah, that's HIGH dosage for 6 years, nothing like give or take 20--30mgs MAX, MOST days for 4-5 months.

Just curious, but how long did it take for you to feel normal again?

And do you still ever use amps?

And if you do, do those nasty side effects return if you use them minimally?

Does anyone else note the contradiction with the people saying withdrawal is 100% psychological yet you will feel fatigued and sleep a lot?

That's what I'm wondering, and because that is one of the WD effects/side effects I HATE MOST from using substances.

Kratom WD makes it happen for me, and my Klonopin can make it happen but not as bad.

I am one of these people who seems to need more sleep than most to full normal and when I take too much of almost any drug that is either a stimulant OR a depressant I find my sleep quality to be greatly effected and then I also get more anxious and/or more depressed.

That's why I'm really trying to quit (either temporarily or permanently...I'm not gonna say FOREVER yet...) a few problem substances, while also significantly cutting down on others, like even caffeine for example.

I just want that normal sleep where I'm good on 7-8 hours, a little groggy like most are when waking up as is typical, then don't really need much of anything but time and maybe like one cup of coffee and a little working out to go out and feel good, not feel like i want a nap, not feel like I need any kind of substance to keep going.

I HATE the up and down crap and I don't like crashes either.

Ive abused amphetamines for a decade. Never had the first Physical withdrawl symptom going off them. The main symptoms are sleeping a ton and depression.

Amphetamine withdrawal isnt even close to opioid / benzo / alcohol withdrawal, where youre body becomes dependent on the substance and has to have it to function properly. Amphetamine withdrawal is purely Psychological.

Abused to stay awake? Dex, for example, can only keep you awake and help lift your depression somewhat.

I use 30 mg of Dex in the morning and it helps, takes away quite a bit of my depression and keeps me awake then around lunch time I take 10 mg to stay awake until sleep time. Today around lunch my depression got worse and I took another 30 mg which did nothing except managed to stay awake.